Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

I love that Horo.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited February 7

Beautiful abstract, Horo very nicely done.

A still of a Wings 3D using a technic described in the Hyper Texture Expansion product by David and Horo.

jade-dodecahechron-expansion.jpg
    654 x 850 - 302K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

NGartplay : thank you.

Horo : Awesome knots, great colours and light.

mermaid : beautiful object, superb material.

Thanks Adbc, for the nice comment.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

NGartplay - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Very nice how the object turned out.

adbc - thank you.

Great job Mermaid.  Is that material semi-transparent?  Or does it have reflective qualities?

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892

Horo, mermaid, adbc, nvllcasting, NGartplay, thanks for your comments.

nvllcasting, somehow, I cannot see your render. Don't know why the other do and I don't.

identifiant, very nice render. But to answer your question, indeed more details are needed on what you want to do and what happens when you try it.

Horo, very spectacular abstract.

Mermaid, nicely textured and rendered object.

Thank you Hansmar.

Thank you Horo

NGartplay thanks, the material has some transparency, it is a hyper texture material by David

Hansmar thank you

mermaid, did that take a while to render?

edited February 9

NGartplay said:

mermaid, did that take a while to render?

No it didn't take long to render, I'll render and tell you how long.

eta it takes 13 min on my laptop running Windows 7.

edited February 9

Double stacked terrain and one in the near and one in the far background with materials from High Resolution Terrains 1 and 3. The lava vapour is from Environments - Inclement Weather. Sky and ambient light by the CloudSphere9 and the belonging HDRI from the Sky Toolbox. The key light is by the sun.

Lava Rift

LavaRift.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 258K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited February 9

Horo: Your image with the lava river looks really great. Superb terrain and material. And your abstract is excellent, too

mermaid010: Interesting material. Came out very well.

nvllcasting: Excellent image with a nice mood. I have the impression that the rails are possibly a little too wide for the axles of the train? But I can imagaine very well, that rails are not easy to modell with Bryce.

IDENTIFIANT: It is often hard to define, when a picture is really done. Looks perfectly fine for me.

Hansmar: Five excellent terrains. My favourite is the third one.

Today I downloaded a few freebies from the Daz3D website. Among other things a panther and and a antelope. I like these older models, as they do not use too much storage, they can be imported quite fast and IMHO they still look good.

panther_und_gazellen.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 719K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

Two new scenes with models from the Dark Souls videogame. I went for a super stylised lighting effect and quite happy with the whacky results : )

As always it's a pleasure seeing what everyone shares. Hope all are well!

mermaid, that wasn't bad at all. Some materials take forever on my machine.

Horo, love the lava look here.  Very cool.

Elvis, the Savannah feel is perfect.  Nice job.

benbr11, two excellent scenes.  They have a chaotic feel to them. Escher in the first and a crumbling castle in the second.

edited February 10

Horo : amazing render, awesome terrain material and lava stream, beautiful sky.

Electro-Elvis : fantastic image with the panther and the antelope, love the fog effect and the trees.

benbr11 : two wonderful scenes, great result.

Post edited by adbc on
    edited February 10

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Beautiful render.

benbr11 - fascinating partly abstract renders.

NGartplay and adbc - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on

Horo - superb render, the lava effect is awesome.

Electro-Elvis - thanks, beautiful render very serene scene. I also downloaded the antelope and panther but I don't get what you got, maybe because I don't use Daz Studio or Poser or maybe I don't know how to use it directly in Bryce. Anyway I have the same problem with most freebies I download. blush

benbr11 - two very nice renders, a bit chaotic but cool results.

Thank you mermaid.

edited February 11

The objects were made in Wings 3D. The materials are inspired by example renders by David Brinnen from Hyper Textures Expansion and stand on the ground plane with a material from the same set. Ambient light and colour by an HDRI from Hyper Textures Base and some light and specular by the sun.

Torus and Moebius

TorusAndMoebius.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 314K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited February 11

Wow beautiful render Horo, the lighting is awesome, I love how you combined elements from both sets.

edited February 11

Thank you mermaid. You made me check the Hyper Texture Expansion set where I found the Hyper Posterization Filter and from this idea I created a lens.

An old render from almost 9 years ago was tested using an adapted lens inspired by David Brinnen's Hyper Polarization Filter from our Hyper Textures Expansion set. I created my own, slightly adjusted. [A] means Ambient setting, A 0 no filter/lens, A 40 Ambient at 40.

Posterize lens Test

Click on the image to enlarge.

PL-Exp1.jpg
    1600 x 1060 - 349K
    Post edited by Horo on

Cool experiment Horo I like the A15 effect. 

Horo : fantastic shining material on the wings3D objects.

Superb result on the experiment with the lenses, my preference goes to A15 and A40.

mermaid and adbc - thank you. The Ambient setting depends on the scene, and what you are looking for.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892
    edited February 13

Horo, Very good terrain work with the lava. Wonderful shiny objects and very interesting experiments with the filter and lens.

Thanks, Electro-Elvis. I like your African scene and I agree that these older animal models are very useful.

Benbr11, Very wacky indeed, but very nice as well. The first one makes me think of the endless stairs by M.C. Escher.

I made another set of renders based on the terrain I made from a render based on an abstract by NGartplay. Modifications in texture, sky and camera position. I added some boat, a ruin and a bird in one, two balloons in another (in which I used the a texture by David Brinnen/Horo with shoreline effect) and two meerkats in the last one. In that one I also modified the texture with some erosion, which is not great in the TE of Bryce. Both the third and fourth one use an HDRI from a set by David and Horo and the first two use the haze cube from Inclement weather.

NGarterrain1d.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 852K
    NGarterrain2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 798K
    NGarterrain2a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 842K
    NGarterrain2b.jpg
    927 x 695 - 676K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited February 13

Hansmar - thank you. Four very nice terrains. I find all interesting though they are quite different.

I experimented more with the posterization filter. A self made terrain with a material from HRT-3 and a sky from HDRI4Fun. The first shows the result using the lens in front of the camera, the second one has the lens hidden but a 2D-Face with the lens material as filter behind the terrain to change the sky only and the third is the render without effect.

Posterized Scene

Half Posterized Scene

Non Posterized Scene

PosterizedScene.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 319K
    HalfPosterizedScene.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 268K
    NonPosterizedScene.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 247K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, two of my favorite colors together.  Really pretty.  Also, interesting experiments with polarization.  The last one must have the least polar effect?

Hansmar, Great landscape renders.  I particularly fond of the one with the air balloon.

Hansmar - another set of interesting landscapes. If I have a fav it will be the shoreline effect one, but all are superb

Horo - cool experiments with the posterization filter. Thanks for sharing the different effects. 

edited February 14

Hansmar : 4 wonderful landscapes, personally I prefer the 1st and 3rd one, but they are all very well done.

Horo : 3 gorgeous landscapes, great test with and without the posterization filters.

Used the mosquito (free at Daz), the 1st one with only HDRI, the second one with an HDRI but with a posterization filter.

mosquito2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 76K
    mosquito4.jpg
    800 x 800 - 102K
    Post edited by adbc on