Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited January 31

The island terrains were self made and given a material from HRT-1. The water is the ground plane with a material from HRT-4. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Isles in Low Sun

IslesInLowSun.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 153K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Great images here. I created a sort of abstract, I think.

Apologet.jpg
    700 x 700 - 76K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Hansmar, amazing that you got such cool terrains with a cloud map.  Very nice images.

mermaid, love your abstract.  It's very powerful feeling.

Elvis, love the simplicity of this.  You used depth of field here?  Really like it.

Horo, Stonemason creates wonderful architecture (sp) and they render so well.  You landscape is interesting and thank you for the explanation of its creation.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Horo fantastic sunset scene, the lighting is awesome 

Electro-Elvis a simple yet beautiful render

NGartplay thanks

• NGartplay, mermaid010: Thank you. I used a bit DOF, that's right.

Electro-Elvis - cool idea and very nice result.

NGartplay and mermaid - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo : Amazing island scene, perfect lighting.

Electro-Elvis : simple but powerful result, I like it too.

Thank you adbc.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited February 1

Thanky ou Horo, adbc

Horo: A wonderful Island scene with a excellent lighting.

Mermaid010: Great abstract? Is it an abstract or just a very close close-up

Hansmar: Really nice landscapes. I particularly admire the one with the brook, which I have hardly ever managed to do satisfactorily.

BTW I was thinking about implementing brooks into a Bryce terrain. My problem was to distinguish the height levels in the grey terrain. They are usually hard to distinguish. But there is a little help. I learnt it from Susan A. Kitchens "Bryce 4" book. It is the rainbow icon on the bottom right (with the red circle around). It allows you to choose a different color palette for the height levels. This can make it a bit easier, not easy, but easier.

Diff_Palette.jpg
    691 x 621 - 84K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

that's cool.  Thanks Elvis.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Thank you also for mentioning this option. I have known and used it for years but as it is, sometimes one does not see the obvious.

edited February 2

Electro-Elvis said:

Mermaid010: Great abstract? Is it an abstract or just a very close close-up

BTW I was thinking about implementing brooks into a Bryce terrain. My problem was to distinguish the height levels in the grey terrain. They are usually hard to distinguish. But there is a little help. I learnt it from Susan A. Kitchens "Bryce 4" book. It is the rainbow icon on the bottom right (with the red circle around). It allows you to choose a different color palette for the height levels. This can make it a bit easier, not easy, but easier.

Thanks Electro-Elvis, I call it an abstract but yes it's within the object included in the Tourbillion Garden Hdris product.

Thanks for the reminder, I forget about this option, I used it in the early stages when learning Bryce using Robin Wood's tutorials.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Electro-Elvis : thanks for mentioning this option.

edited February 3

A self made terrain with a self made material within a fading mirror box (lower part mirroring, upper part transparent). Outside the box a galaxy from the Space Construction Kit. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI (self made from NGC602 photographs) and some stratus clouds, the key light by the sun.

Alien Habitats

AlienHabitats.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 209K
    Post edited by Horo on

A superb image, Horo awesome terrain and lighting.

edited February 4

Horo : fantastic render, great terrain and material, awesome lighting.

Tectonic volume 3 terrain, HDRI nebula, bright star (tut D.Brinnen rainbow mat into a bright star)

tectonic vol 3 bright star.jpg
    800 x 383 - 40K
    Post edited by adbc on

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Very dramatic scene, the light on the volcano wall from the flash looks excellent.

Horo : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892
    edited February 4

Horo, Thanks and thanks for informing about the software you used for terrains. I found that the present version of World Creator is version 3 with a fee of $149 for non-commercial use ad download only at 4096 x 4096 (maximum that Bryce can handle). Maybe interesting to think about. Very nice islands and cool looking sci-fi city render.

Mermaid, Thanks. Love the colours in your abstract.

Adbc, Thank you. Love your render, wonderful colours and contrast.

Electro-Elvis, Thanks, also for the explanation on seeing the heightmap better. I think I knew, but forgot.

NGartplay, Thanks. You do need to soften the detail a bit in cloud pictures, because otherwise the terrain will be very spikey, according to my experience. But it is a nice option to use pictures of clouds.

More terrains, now I got more time for fiddling with Bryce. First another sky and another texture for an earlier rendered one. This is followed by four terrains all based on one height map, which was actually a render of an abstract based on one by NGartplay. This render has lots of details, so lots of options for different renders. I played around with textures and skies and used the Haze cube by David Brinnen in some of them.

cloudterrain2a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M
    NGarterrain.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 823K
    NGarterrain1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 858K
    NGarterrain1a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 652K
    NGarterrain1c.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 567K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you. The Bryce TE is quite versatile, not only can you use the DTE to create terrain, also previously rendered images can be converted to be used in the TE. My sci-fi render above actually used a terrain height map made from this abstract: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5287446/#Comment_5287446

Your newest five landscape renders look all very nice.

Hansmar : difficult to tell which of these outstanding terrain landscapes I like most, but the first one is my favourite.

Thank you for your comment.

Adbc -  I agree very dramatic scene, the lighting is great.

Hansmar - another stunning set of landscapes, thanks for the comment.

• Lovely landscape renders Hansmar! and very cool renders Horo and adbc, I have to do some more sci-fi stuff.

I made this for my grandfather's birthday this weekend - he's a huge train fan. https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/reading-i10sa-steam-locomotive-83f8d9e39eab419aa11f647950105fc8 This is where I got the model of the train (i10sa). I tried modeling one myself but I don't think i'm cut out to do such a complicated model outside of college finals :P

3D scene. a i10sa Steam Locomotive travels merrily through the fall mountainside.

edited February 6

Wow Nvllcasting  beautiful setup and render, nice lighting.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Hello,
    this is my render but im lock.. i don't know what can i add without break the atmosphere

Star wars v2.png
    800 x 800 - 737K

Welcome to the Bryce Forum Identifiant, nice render. Hopefully Horo or someone else will able to answer your question soon.

nvllcasting - thank you. Beautifully done scene.

Identifiant - welcome to the Bryce forum. Well done render. Difficult to help without knowing what exactly you want to accomplish.

mermaid : thank you.

nvllcasting : beautiful render, great atmosphere, well done.

Identifiant : nice render.

Perfect sci-fi, Horo

adbc, the sky effect is very effective here

Hansmar, always a joy to see your landscape work

nvlcasting, really great train scene.  I like how it's bearing down on us

Identifiant, I like your render and the objects

edited February 6

Thank you NGartplay.

Twice the same object made in Wings3D at the same position and differently rotated in the world centre with slightly different materials. Around a rotated cube. All materials self made. In front of the camera is the EWL (extreme wide-angle lens) from Lenses and Filters and covers in the diagonal 330°. Light and backdrop from an unpublished HDRI from the inside.

Loosely Knotted

LooselyKnotted.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 374K
    Post edited by Horo on