Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo : realistic snowy landscape, great sky and terrain.

Electro-Elvis : very nice image, has the feel better effect.

NGartplay : welcome back, winter is not always the best period, but hey Spring becomes just a bit closer !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530

Thank you adbc.

• mermaid010, NGartplay, adbc: Thank you

edited January 26

The terrain was self made and given a material combined from HRT 1 and 4. The tarn is the ground plane with my material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Gritstone Hills and the key light by the sun.

Tarn in Hills

TarnInHills.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 262K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Gorgeous Horo.  I've used the gritstone textures but mine never look this good.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Beautiful landscape Horo, awesome lightning and materials 

Horo : fantastic landscape with realistic material and great sky.

Thank you NGartplay, mermaid and adbc.

edited January 27

A Structure Synth object – The Grinder lit by the Tourbillion Tower Hdri

grinder-structuresynth.jpg
    650 x 650 - 244K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Very nivcely presented object, mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892
    edited January 27

Horo, Wonderfull landscape, great texture.

Mermaid, Nicely presented object indeed.

I made a few more landscapes. Some with animals or people or objects in them. First is based on a terrain I used before. I added a DAZ figure and a dinosaur, also from DAZ. Sky is a preset from someone that I modified. Second is a terrain using the terrain editor to create and put partly below water to get the islands. A freebie ship and instances of a gull added. Third is same terrain from the other side, different sky and moved the gulls about. Fourth is a terrain, based on a pictuer of a hubism, but substantially modified with some elements added and a robot too. Sky is again modified from somebody's present.

Confontration.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    islands.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 674K
    islands_a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 487K
    Hubism_sci_terrain.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 748K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited January 27

An interior render does not fit in the landscapes. This one is from the Dragon throne construction kit with a surfer boy and a lego-like plane added. I had to modify many textures of the room and throne from picture texture to procedural texture to allow the boy and toy plane to be added without memory issues.

DragonThroneConstructionSet2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 876K
    edited January 27

Hansmar - thank you. Four interesting terrain renders. The first golden one looks nice. Is that water on the ground? The second one with the sail ship looks peaceful and the third has a very nice moody sky. The fourth is quite special and the sky looks like the stretched pattern of Jupiter.
    The indoor scene with the Dragon throne looks very nice. Cool idea with the lego plane.

The terrain was self made and given a material from HRT-2. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Bare Mountain

BareMountain.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 219K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - thanks, magnificent realistic landscape.

Hansmar - thanks, outstanding surreal landscape scenes, the indoor scene is awesome, 5 beautiful renders.

edited January 28

mermaid : very nice shining object, indeed very well presented.

Hansmar : four fascinating landscapes, each one is special and different, love them all.

Horo : again a realistic landscape with matching sky.

A tectonic and a posterized terrain, some bryce trees, the snowman and the house are free objects.

winter landscape.jpg
    940 x 450 - 101K
    Post edited by adbc on

Adbc - Thanks, beautiful yet chilly winter scene, well done.

Thank you mermaid.

adbc - thank you. Beautifully done winter scene.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

mermaid, such a pretty render.  It is so intricate and detailed.  Nicely done.

Hansmar, your images tell a story.  Very cool.  Like the one with the dinosaur and warrior.  My favorite is the 3rd one with all the birds flying.  Thank you for sharing.

Great textures Horo.

adbc, what a fun winter image.  Love the snowman.

I started an image and I don't know why but I didn't save it.  When I did it crashed.  So frustrating.

Thanks  NGartplay 

edited January 29

Thank you NGartolay.

The buildings are from Greeble City Blocks 2 by Stonemason. In the background a self made terrain with my material and the water is the ground plane with my material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI and the key light by the sun.

Aqua Towers

AquaTowers.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 160K
    Post edited by Horo on

mermaid, Horo, NGartplay : thank you.

Horo : interesting scene, buildings are perfectly fitting with the background.

Horo superb scene, very nice city blocks.

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

edited January 30

Horo, Thanks. Indeed, the golden one also has water. And the sky with Jupiter was specifically intended to match Jupiter. Well, not in the beginning, but when I saw the possibility, I decided to fiddle until it looked like that. I am always in awe of your fantastic self-made terrains with all the details. How do you make those? Outside Bryce? If so, with what software? The Greeble city render is also very nice.

Mermaid, adbc, NGartplay, thank you very much.

Adbc, Very nice winter scene. I only saw the snowman after reading the description. I was focusing so much on the landscape and wonderful sky.

I made another series of landscapes, all based on a heightmap made from a picture of clouds. I used different skies, camera positions, terrain textures and some additional items. I added a chapel to the second one, trees (2 with multiple instances) from Greenworks and two trees and the Hunters Hut from Judy Kerr in the last one. You may recognise the texture on some of the terrains as being from Horo and David B (bit modified). The fourth one is a stacked terrain, where the stream is made by cutting out from the top terrain and underneath the same terrain with a water texture.

cloudterrain.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1019K
    cloudterrain_a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 846K
    cloudterrain_b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 923K
    cloudterrain1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 943K
    cloudterrain2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M

Hansmar - five very nice terrain renders. The second is somehow my favorite but the third one with the trees and the brook is also quite elaborate.

The Bryce TE is very versatile but a bit difficult to see how a terrain will look. First, I used GeoControl 2 to create terrains and after I put them into our first set, I found it not correct to use a free version. I wanted to buy it but the author had sold it and it came back as World Creator. That one I purchased the Indie version (so I could legally sell terrains made with it). I could create the terrain as 8192 x 8192 and finally reduce them to 4096 x 4096 as Bryce can handle. It works like GeoControl but is faster and has a couple more options. However, neither the original GeoControl 2 nor the World Creator are available (though other, different ones with the same name exist). I made many many terrains, more than five times as much as David and I sold and there are still some I never actually used for a render.

edited January 31

Hansmar – five fantastic landscapes, I like them all no fav.

A Panorama, the Object and lighting are from the Tourbillion Garden Hdri

garden-pano-land-garden.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 613K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - now that is a very beautiful render. Great colours, interesting shape but not busy.

Thanks Horo

Hansmar : what a beautiful set of landscapes, I like them all. Thank you for your comment.

mermaid : impressive image, great colours and lighting.

Thanks adbc