Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2020
    Frame from an animation I am trying out. Daz keeps crashing after every five frames. Sheesha hooka and sighs galore. Remember this is just a test. This is only a test. Had this been an actual emergency, whatevah.

No idea what's going on but I feel your pain! RAM issues? Did you use motion blur?

3 giggle bites of ram, no motion blur. The current Daz3D computer is an AMD dual core and the graphics card is an Nvidia Quadra 500mb but I don't use this card for rendering. Windows XP, 32 bit, Daz Studio version 4.12 something.

The scene itself has practically nothing in it. Maybe I should just use one item instead of all of them. The scene has a First Bastion SUV taxi, a Lift thingy by The Ant Farm, M4 with a mask, sunglasses, jersey, shorts, shoes, and that is all.

The background is what I rendered the other day and posted a little earlier. Lighting is only UE2. I created a camera just in case. As far as rendering, just set this for 24 fps for a total of 48 frames (2 seconds). Set it to .png in a separate folder because I know if I were to try making a .mov and it were just two frames away from completing the render and then crashed, nothing would be saved. So just png. Probably going to do 48 single renders without having it automating the animation.

Hmm, people have been reporting memory management issues with the 4.12 build, but that's apparently an IRay issue? I'm still on 4.9, with no intention of upgrading, unless DAZ upgrades to the latest 3DL build. So I haven't got a clue, I'm afraid...I don't suppose you happen to have an older DS build saved somewhere?

Here's what I'm working on atm. Got the V4 diving suitlaugh. It's not exactly HD, LOL! And no adjustment morphs whatsoever. It may work better with the original V4 character. Here I fitted it to Genesis 1.

Slightly different skin bump and lighting:

Diver pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Diver awe 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • She is sexxxy. I like that underwater lighting and the bubbles too.

I have daz studio 4.6 on my CG2D pc which is intel windows xp 2gb or is it 3gb ram. CPU is 3.2ghz with an old ATI graphics card. My Reality 2 with LuxRender works on that but I have not touched that pc for a while. There is only 5GB available on the 20gb hard drive. So it has to access the my library from my server on the LAN. That computer is really only for scanning photos and drawings and doing 2D artwork with the Wacom tablet. I guess I'll give it a try though tomorrow after I get some sleep.

She is sexxxy. I like that underwater lighting and the bubbles too.

I have daz studio 4.6 on my CG2D pc which is intel windows xp 2gb or is it 3gb ram. CPU is 3.2ghz with an old ATI graphics card. My Reality 2 with LuxRender works on that but I have not touched that pc for a while. There is only 5GB available on the 20gb hard drive. So it has to access the my library from my server on the LAN. That computer is really only for scanning photos and drawings and doing 2D artwork with the Wacom tablet. I guess I'll give it a try though tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Yeah 4.6 sounds goodlaugh You could install it alongsid 4.12 on the newer computer, just remember to name the application folder DS 4.6, and you should be good to go. Just don't open one version while working in the other one, temp files will get corrupt, been there done that;)

• edited April 2020
    4.6 screwed up on the AMD. That is why I upgraded to 4.12. Even Reality 2 with luxrender won't work on this current install on the AMD. I kind of gave up. Just doing single renders with 3Delight. Was planning on using this AMD for iClone, CrazyTalk and CrazyTalk Animator and not use Daz3D on it anymore after I get another pc that is better for Daz Studio. Reallusion licences are limited to a certain number of installs. Daz tends to destroy computers to the point of bsod doom and destruction. So then I have to contact Reallusion and request a seat removal so I could install on a new computer drive. I want to keep these two separate from each other to the point that if Daz dies, it doesn't take prisoners with it anymore.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • Looking at it, all the polygons are light except for M4 and his coverings. Maybe if I make him disappear and render him later by himself, I could make the automation of 48 frames work to the end. Or I could put in a live actor even. Either way the windows will be greened out. But then I don't see the background through the windows. TFC. Naw, best to render frame by frame on their own. Only two minutes to five minutes each. One to two hours total for the two second shot.
    fbtaxi_00104.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited April 2020
    Looking at it, all the polygons are light except for M4 and his coverings. Maybe if I make him disappear and render him later by himself, I could make the automation of 48 frames work to the end. Or I could put in a live actor even. Either way the windows will be greened out. But then I don't see the background through the windows. TFC. Naw, best to render frame by frame on their own. Only two minutes to five minutes each. One to two hours total for the two second shot.

Never give upyes...laughDude I hope Santa brings you some hardware next time around...here's a pic of your current onedevil

Brachiosaurus pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • I don't know ... that one looks a little too advanced for what I have.
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Cat In A Box

The cat goddess Bastet, in a box...

• Nice one nattaruk. My cats love snuggling up in a cozy box turned on it's side.
    nattaruk said:

Cat In A Box

Ah yes, but whysurprise On the other hand, why notyes

This fella needed a couple of custom maps, well a new skin, sort of...

• nattaruk said:

Cat In A Box

I like this new texture on Dino and the whole render better than the other two of him her it. Looks like the precursor of a giraff dancing on roller skates. Well done.

edited April 2020
    nattaruk said:

Cat In A Box

I like this new texture on Dino and the whole render better than the other two of him her it. Looks like the precursor of a giraff dancing on roller skates. Well done.

Tks:)

King of the Forrest awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

...just another car with no driver...

edited April 2020

...slowly but surely...

Holothurians awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

... The Gods Themselves?

Oso3D said:

... The Gods Themselves?

Yup! That's a nice title, tks for thatsmiley

edited May 2020

A couple of random experiments...

Willow Creek Lava pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Lander awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Waterworld awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Leech awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

Is that a tribute to the final scene of Planet of the Toons, when Charlize Heston has escaped from the duck militia and is riding along the coast only to find a giant, toppled statue of Bugs Bunny?

Is that a tribute to the final scene of Planet of the Toons, when Charlize Heston has escaped from the duck militia and is riding along the coast only to find a giant, toppled statue of Bugs Bunny?

Er...the story sounds vaguely familiar, and I know who Charlize Heston is;) Care to enlighten me? blush

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Er...the story sounds vaguely familiar, and I know who Charlize Heston is;) Care to enlighten me?

You maniac!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    edited May 2020

Er...the story sounds vaguely familiar, and I know who Charlize Heston is;) Care to enlighten me? blush

Probably a reference to the final scene for Planet of the Apes.

Post edited by Leana on
    Gordig said:

Er...the story sounds vaguely familiar, and I know who Charlize Heston is;) Care to enlighten me?

You maniac!

Tks friend, much appreciated:)

Btw, did you mean?

a) a person exhibiting extremely wild or violent behaviour

or

b) an obsessive enthusiast

or

c) a person suffering from mania

Leana said:

Tks, hmm guess I never cared to watch the whole thingdevil

• edited May 2020
    What? Blew it up? What's his name? Spell it. Hrundi V. Bee Ah Kay Ess Ahch Aye. I'll see to it he never works in movies in this town again.

Does that include television?

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    edited May 2020
    Gordig said:

You maniac!

Tks friend, much appreciated:)

Btw, did you mean?

a) a person exhibiting extremely wild or violent behaviour

or

b) an obsessive enthusiast

or

c) a person suffering from mania

Leana said:

Tks, hmm guess I never cared to watch the whole thingdevil

Post edited by Gordig on

Tks folks, it's all crystal clear nowwink. As for Richards question...no, apparently not:))

edited May 2020

Spycar 2 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • How would that render look without awe?
  • Daz stopped working on my computer. I'll have to zero out the drive and reinstall windows and the rest of the programs for this AMD. Wish me success.
    How would that render look without awe?

Well...I guess you would have to work real hard to make the reflections pop with UE2 and AoA lights or similar. Not saying it's impossible, though. Much easier with Parris' IBL-master. But then you'd have no true color bleed and it uses pretty standard ambient occclusion, albeit very good looking. Have a look at hacsart's IBLM renders in the car thread. He really is the master of IBLM;)

Daz stopped working on my computer. I'll have to zero out the drive and reinstall windows and the rest of the programs for this AMD. Wish me success.

Oh my!!! Good luck bro, keeping fingers crossed and all that...

This discussion has been closed.