Simply Grim... or maybe... Damn, Forgot The Car Keys

Grim awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...metalness...

edited May 2020

Found this in my render archive, one of my early dForce experiments, seems to have lost his clothes along the way...

Roadwork.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    edited May 2020

Hravnin close pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

It's taken me some time to work out what the sleek black thing is - At first I thought it's a huge black french tickler, then I thought, 'well, I can say that on the Daz forums' - Oops!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

It's taken me some time to work out what the sleek black thing is - At first I thought it's a huge black french tickler, then I thought, 'well, I can say that on the Daz forums' - Oops!

Hahaahhahhhh

laughlaughNot going to comment further,hahah...

edited May 2020

Hips don't lie...

Worms awe.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • ...metalness...

I remember downloading this one. This one is nicely done.

edited May 2020

...metalness...

I remember downloading this one. This one is nicely done.

Tks!

MOPED pp AWE.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

I'd intended this to be another older generation (V3 etc) image, but ended up using a V4 for the sorceress - all the other figures are V3 or M3 though

"The crypt of rememberance: just dump that one behind the others over there"

3Delight - AoA Advanced lights - ubervolume.

rather more noisy on the left side, but I really didn't want to have to wait potentially days for a non-progressive render

chasm_scaled.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 876K

I'd intended this to be another older generation (V3 etc) image, but ended up using a V4 for the sorceress - all the other figures are V3 or M3 though

"The crypt of rememberance: just dump that one behind the others over there"

3Delight - AoA Advanced lights - ubervolume.

rather more noisy on the left side, but I really didn't want to have to wait potentially days for a non-progressive render

Nice! Ah yeah the UberVolume is a real pain to use,especially with accept shadows enabled...if we could have a true volumetric shader within the awe/PBR realm I would be a very happy guy:) But not going to try to grasp shaderbuilder in this lifetime though, rather wait for wowie's aweVolume (wink wink)cheeky

Nice! Ah yeah the UberVolume is a real pain to use,especially with accept shadows enabled...if we could have a true volumetric shader within the awe/PBR realm I would be a very happy guy:) But not going to try to grasp shaderbuilder in this lifetime though, rather wait for wowie's aweVolume (wink wink)cheeky

Well, it seems to have more wiggle room than iray volumetrics, more sliders to play with. But when it comes down to it, in both you end up tightrope walking a couple of setings only 'density' and 'strength' in ubervolumes case, trying to balance a visible effect with still being able to see the scene through it. I ended up combining a render without volumetrics visible wiith a render with them visible and merging as layers in Gimp. Generally though, I'm not interested in postwork.

I feel the same, even with simple fog, I want both, the contrast and the haze, LOL.

edited May 2020

The Veteran, back from the Kuiper belt...

The Veteran pp awe.png
    800 x 1040 - 1M

3Delight with IBL Master.

Still a Wip, cause I think it could be better - not sure about the glass shader used - water is good (shader from sickle waters ds4

I did a much nicer one in iray some time ago - wanted to see if I could duplicate in 3DL.

3dl aquarium.png

Still a Wip, cause I think it could be better - not sure about the glass shader used - water is good (shader from sickle waters ds4

I did a much nicer one in iray some time ago - wanted to see if I could duplicate in 3DL.

I like the refraction effect. Still a bit confusing from a physical point of view:) Are they trapped inside a frozen frosty iceblock? Or should the water be clear and the glass frosted?

I like the refraction effect. Still a bit confusing from a physical point of view:) Are they trapped inside a frozen frosty iceblock? Or should the water be clear and the glass frosted?

No frosting was intended, it's just my poor selection of 3Delight shaders. Switched the glass to an AoA metalised preset, and tried out every water shader I have, but I've nothing that produces a legible volumetric water - everything ends up looking like dirty ice, oil or sick in a cup.

The iray version was much clearer.

Is there a good Awe water setting I wonder....

edited May 2020

No frosting was intended, it's just my poor selection of 3Delight shaders. Switched the glass to an AoA metalised preset, and tried out every water shader I have, but I've nothing that produces a legible volumetric water - everything ends up looking like dirty ice, oil or sick in a cup.

The iray version was much clearer.

Is there a good Awe water setting I wonder....

Sure, you use the glass preset 1 (full transmission) and set IoR to 1.33. The transmission absorbtion value is what you want to use. It's a volumetric effect. Tint transmission color slightly to blue/green.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited May 2020

Just about everything I do is done in 3DL. 

And just about everything I do is either illustration for one of my .pdf publication projects over on my own site, or done to my assigned prompts from one of the holiday fanfests. Most, but not all of it is Harry Potter themed, but I also do covers for an Apa that I have belonged to, off and on, since the early '70s. 

Here's an Apa Cover. It won't actually be run for a couple of years since I only do January and July covers, and sent the editor a pack of 4 years worth last time. (The text has been removed.)

Post.jpg
    851 x 1101 - 210K
    Post edited by JOdel on

And here's another. The Apa was originally formed by a bunch of Children's fantasy fans. But after nearly 50 years it's dwindled into just a socail group.

Post.jpg
    855 x 1106 - 316K
    JOdel said:

Just about everything I do is done in 3DL. 

And just about everything I do is either illustration for one of my .pdf publication projects over on my own site, or done to my assigned prompts from one of the holiday fanfests. Most, but not all of it is Harry Potter themed, but I also do covers for an Apa that I have belonged to, off and on, since the early '70s. 

Here's an Apa Cover. It won't actually be run for a couple of years since I only do January and July covers, and sent the editor a pack of 4 years worth last time. (The text has been removed.)

JOdel said:

And here's another. The Apa was originally formed by a bunch of Children's fantasy fans. But after nearly 50 years it's dwindled into just a socail group.

Absolutely stunning!!

edited May 2020

Thank you! Most of my fanfest stuff is posted over on my own site (Red Hen Publications), and the illustrations are in the posted publicarions. But the Apa covers don't get particulary wide exposure. Although I tend to post them over on Hivewire sometimes.

Here's one from one of last year' fanfests. Hope the size will work with the forum.

Feliz Feline @ Navidad

A roaring fire, a fragrant Christmas tree, a soft wooly tartan, one’s own nice fur coat, and a saucer of eggnog. What more could a hard-working Headmistress ask for?

Prompts: Warm by the Fireside/A Cat’s Christmas

felizfeline.jpg
    807 x 913 - 344K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

Thank you! Most of my fanfest stuff is posted over on my own site (Red Hen Publications), and the illustrations are in the posted publicarions. But the Apa covers don't get particulary wide exposure. Although I tend to post them over on Hivewire sometimes.

Here's one from one of last year' fanfests. Hope the size will work with the forum.

Feliz Feline @ Navidad

A roaring fire, a fragrant Christmas tree, a soft wooly tartan, one’s own nice fur coat, and a saucer of eggnog. What more could a hard-working Headmistress ask for?

Cuteyes

edited May 2020
    JOdel said:

Feliz Feline @ Navidad

@JOdel - Love the really relaxed kitty pose in this

The mermaid 'tube' is good too - I do like those world in a bottle visions

Post edited by GafftheHorse on
    edited May 2020

So long as I'm showing examples. Here is one from one of my publication projects. I do tend to use a fair amunt of postwork, and ften run things through an analog art filter to give things more of a painterly look. These samples are of the faux 2-page spread, which shows the borders and facing page of print, althoug I suspect the lowered resolution is going to have a negative effect on the text.

I don't know what the forum sizes are any more so I tried to get them down as much as possible in size and resolution.

These are all Potterfics. This one is called '3rd Star to the Right' and is a crossover with Peter Pan. Pages without illustrations tend to have fairies or coocodiles wandering through the borders.

3rdStar.jpg
    825 x 635 - 224K
    Post edited by JOdel on

This is another cross-over. This time with an apocryphal book of traditional fairly tales. It is called 'All the Stories are True'.

AlltheSories.jpg
    825 x 635 - 228K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    JOdel said:

This is another cross-over. This time with an apocryphal book of traditional fairly tales. It is called 'All the Stories are True'.

So where can I get these to read?

This discussion has been closed.