Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited May 2020

Over on my own website. Not too sure how amenable this forum is to taking external links But I'll try it.

The main Publications page is here:

http://www.redhen-publications.com/publications.html

Both of these examples are from Potterfics, so that page is another level down, here:

http://www.redhen-publications.com/potterfics.html

It's a very old-school site with flyouts from the left margin. And since the purpose of the site is to display letter-sized .pdfs, I wouldn't count on being able to read anything on a smartphone.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited May 2020

@JOdel Those are exceptional. Kind of remind me of an illustrated manuscript from a monstery scriptorium.

Ocassionally I like to do scenes of neglected architecture.

Really wanted to do this scene in Reflective Radiance, but the leaves and such were too much for occlussion shy uberenvironment, ended up on AoA lights.

RR emissive used on a plane sunk into the fountain to nice effect.

an old ruin.png
    900 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by GafftheHorse on

Looks rather like a very handsome arboritum. Would expect the lawn to be a bit more overgrown, but the rest of the surfaces all look very consistent.

So long as I'm being a disgusting show-off, the Graphics collection on my site is here:

http://www.redhen-publications.com/graphics.html

There are renders there. Mostly in the 'Ah, Fandom' section for various giftfests. I think there may be a couple down in the misc section, too. But I think the only thing with renders up in the Student work section is the Art 501 final where the instructor let me use Studio for it. I have taken a number of classes in 3D modeling and animation though, and those are in that section.

• What does APA acronym stand for? Glad to have you posting.

APA = Amateur Press Association. It's kind of like carrying on a penpall conversation with a couple dozen other people. It's what people (like science fiction fans, but not just them) used to do to keep in touch with peer groups before the internet.

Basically, there was a publication schedule (this one's is bimonthly) so everyone sends their contribution to the editor by the due date, which gives him time to build a table of contents, collate, staple and pack/address all the copies and mail them off to the membership. Much of the bulk of the members' contributions are comments on what other people wrote in their previous contribution.

There aren't a lot of "dead tree" APAs left, but there are some. This one will be coming up on its 50th anniversary next year.

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited May 2020

Castle ghosts using pwghost

pwghost_13_scale.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 757K
    Post edited by GafftheHorse on

And another publication project spread. The castle of Avignon in the packground was from the internet. 

Much of the trick/challenge in illustrating a story is trying to get the image to match the description in the text. I had some fun building the floating bookcases.

ThickenedLight.jpg
    825 x 636 - 233K

Figured I'd post another APA cover. I turned off the text, but not the frame.

Poppyfield.jpg
    889 x 1151 - 426K
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Escape

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Be wary of anyone who thinks they can say something meaningful about life in a single sentence.

I'll give it a shot...Girl

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    Oso3D said:

I went back to AoA Ambient.

To what? 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    mavante said:
    Oso3D said:

To what? 

AoA is a lighting bundle Here that helps with lighting 3Delight  scenes!

Like this example:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    mavante said:
    Oso3D said:

To what? 

https://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle

I suspect Mr Tosh and his "Lookin' at your crystal ball" had something to do with the making of this;)

edited May 2020

In the Asian Court 1 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

The Judgement of the Dead and the Fate of the Unjustified.

The spell on the heart scarab said,

O my heart which I had from my mother,

O my heart which I had upon earth,

Do not rise up against me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;

Do not speak against me concerning what I have done,

Do not bring up against me anything I have done in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West, Osiris,”

but it had not worked. Instead of balancing with Ma’at the scale had plunged heavily to the floor. Dropping the scarab the unjustified sank to his knees, screaming in anguish.

The 42 coffined Judges of the Dead had heard him lie his way through the entire negative confession, “Unjustified,” was their unanimous verdict, which was dutifully recorded by the diligent god of scribes, Thoth, eternally present in the form of a carving on the wall.

Watched impassively by Horus, standing in for his father Osiris, the goddess Ma’at turned away from the unjustified and pointed towards Ammit the Devourer, covering her nose to protect against the heart’s stench of decay, corruption and evil. As the Guardian of the Scales stepped forward to prevent interference, Anubis, holding his breath, reached for the heart so he could toss it to Ammit.

edited June 2020

Music emoticon...got the Corona Blues...Music emoticon

Corona Blues.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148
    edited June 2020

[deleted] Sorry, I just realized the post I responded to was four years old.

Post edited by jpetersen1 on

Well, considering nothing much has changes over 4 years with the DS 3DL implementation, I figure your question still owned some relevance? laugh

Another Apa Cover.  Actually a couple of them. They lose the point without the text. 

First, the one from last year.

Pack-Pony.jpg
    791 x 1023 - 354K

And the one coming up next month. It's rather a red-letter mailing. 

Actually, the '300' is embedded into the book, I was rather pleased to see that instead, it rather looked as if it's floating.

Stairway.jpg
    799 x 1034 - 219K
  • Homeschool for my munchkins is finally over, so I had some time to play, and wanted to share my first use of Easy Caustics - I found them to be very easy to use, and just the thing for my drink-centered piece :-)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Homeschool for my munchkins is finally over, so I had some time to play, and wanted to share my first use of Easy Caustics - I found them to be very easy to use, and just the thing for my drink-centered piece :-)

ummm you have a plague doctor in your martini.......

• carrie58 said:

Homeschool for my munchkins is finally over, so I had some time to play, and wanted to share my first use of Easy Caustics - I found them to be very easy to use, and just the thing for my drink-centered piece :-)

ummm you have a plague doctor in your martini.......

Yes.  Yes, I do :-)    To be fair, he can swim.

By The Window

• Nice lighting!

edited June 2020

...testing some lighting scenarios...

THOMAS AWE4.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Thomas bathtub.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    REFLECTIONS3.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
  • sueyasueya Posts: 830

This was one of my entries for the Hivewire contest. I used the IBL and a free HDR for the background.

This discussion has been closed.