1920 x 1080 - 426K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Beautiful. Both scenes. Well done.
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Synth Player

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2019
    Beautiful. Both scenes. Well done.

thx, this is the final shot; all the skin shaders have been modified within carrara and tweaked in daz studio to be rendered wit 3delight

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited December 2019

How's this?  

kendo_dojo_base_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • Thanks everyone for posting such awesome renders!  I haven't had much time to play. lately, so I really enjoy seeing what everyone has accomplished.  I was able to make oe piece inspired by a conversation in the Commons.  Has nothing to do with the Christmas stuff I was supposed to work on (sigh)... but it was fun :-)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/902731/

Guynoid

Cool glow and reflection. Where'd you get the background?

• nattaruk said:

Synth Player

Did you use a gel over a light to change the colour? Or did just change the colour of the light?

• Beautiful. Both scenes. Well done.

thx, this is the final shot; all the skin shaders have been modified within carrara and tweaked in daz studio to be rendered wit 3delight

Wow and with ten humans in the scene. Excellent. You must have a powerful computer. Why not render in Carrara while it's already loaded in there? I find that I was able to render scenes in Carrara that Daz Studio with 3Delight would just buck and kick at.

• edited December 2019
    hacsart said:

How's this?  

Outstanding! The only thing I would say needs help is the skin texture. Am I wrong? The rest of this is wonderful. I can even hear the strikes of the wood swords.

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

Thanks!

yeah.. the skin is the stock one for G3F 3Delight.. could use some tweaks, I suppose, but I;'m not that good with skin textures yet. LIghting is a few linear point lights coupled with IBL master and an indoor HDRI..

• edited December 2019
    hacsart said:

Thanks!

yeah.. the skin is the stock one for G3F 3Delight.. could use some tweaks, I suppose, but I;'m not that good with skin textures yet. LIghting is a few linear point lights coupled with IBL master and an indoor HDRI..

Please tell me how to load an IBL master. Which indoor HDRI did you use? Skin textures? Not really anything to be good at. It is just a resource to load. Maybe the skin of Skyler? or Mollie? for the G3F or perhaps someone else could recommend a good skin. The only thing that irks me about skin is if it gets too shiny for no reason. In this render that is not the case. The woman in the background doesn't bother me. I am only referring to the foot in the foreground. Not saying it is shiny. Sweat could be okay in a workout like this. Maybe needs sweat or freckles or some dirt. Green veins arteries... something that says she is busy.

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

with IBL master, I load the stock IBL Master prop, and then change the light settings to use the HDRI I have selected. (the IBL master docs are pretty good) The 3d sphere uses the HDRI as a surface. (I usually convert the HDR to a 16bit Jpg).. HDRI I used in that one is "Lapa" from HDRI Haven.

nattaruk said:

Synth Player

Did you use a gel over a light to change the colour? Or did just change the colour of the light?

Both! I used two of Age of Armour's Advanced Spotlights, one using one of the supplied gobo gels, the other with the colour changed. Advanced Ambient used as well.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Nice renders everyoneyes

edited December 2019

Wow and with ten humans in the scene. Excellent. You must have a powerful computer. Why not render in Carrara while it's already loaded in there? I find that I was able to render scenes in Carrara that Daz Studio with 3Delight would just buck and kick at.

I usually use carrara to render daz stuff, but 3delight isn't that bad, can render fast without severe issues; for my workflow I find it easy to set up shaders in carrara and merge them onto figures within daz studio and render the scene in 3delight, more quickly and effectively. In the following shot I gave up all the scanned figures and rendered the scene in few minutes

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 398K
     In the following shot I gave up all the scanned figures and rendered the scene in few minutes

If you need help with rendering speed, I can show you how to render the same scene in a couple of hourslaugh

• Render farm for 3DL?
    Render farm for 3DL?

Sadly not for DS 3DLfrown

• Line9000Render tests

SP3D eye-bulge actor.png
    618 x 800 - 796K
    reference11.png
    618 x 800 - 886K
    reference12.png
    618 x 800 - 752K
  • Line9000Render tests

All three well done. I could not get Linerender9000 to work for me. No idea why.

edited December 2019

another w.i.p. testing skins prepared within carrara, quickly tweaked in d/s; in this way the render times decrease drastically

2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 504K
  • https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/910356/

A just-because non-Christmas sort of thing.  However, since I'm here... I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and will have a lovely, Happy New Year!

Now I'm going to go play with my dollies a little more. :-)

Espresso and Laptop

Wishing All A Happy New Year.

Homage to Bill Brandt

edited January 2020

testing AO with soft shadows, render time around 7 mins

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited January 2020

AO with directional shadows test, render time 20m, no postwork

1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited January 2020

AO tweaking test on skin

3de.jpg
    923 x 1078 - 158K

@magaremoto

Interesting to follow your experiments:) I think you have the AO figured out. Next, you may want to look into how to deal with specular light rays when using UE2. The UE2 does only emit diffuse light with no specular rays, so your skins lack a bit of highlights, IMO. So if, for example, you are using one spot/distant light as a direct lightsource + UE2 for global illumination, you,ll have no specular highlights in indirectly lit areas. (Which is fine if that's what you want:)

...and maybe starting to add a bit of SS if you want even more realism...

All in all, nice stuffyes

well, you could try to play around with shaders and increase bumpiness or micro displacement to have a little more highlights; OSL shaders should have such feature. Gonna try with digital Emily soon.

edited January 2020

testing gamma correction off, AO with soft shadows

3de.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.