Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

thx Sven, in effect I found a balance between occlusion strength and max trace distance good for almost every lighting and shader; about the skin I've been using the default shaders coming with each character, tweaked and adjusted only slightly; obviously I prefer the MDL version but even the RSL sometimes can be used turning to 0 the translucency. As far as I know I have never used the ubersurface nor purchased, unless is somehow integrated into default vendor skins. Render times: around 2 hours but the most part was taken by the noise filter, seriously tested by the foliage; raytracing took only few minutes to render the whole, one of the fastest I've ever experienced

Not sure I understand your workflow, but that's ok;) From the sound of it  you rendered part of it in IRay? Or did you use an external noise filter? Using IRayUber with 3DL will never be optimal, quite the opposite. In 3DL translucency only works for 1 poygon thick surfaces, for a truly volumetric effect you need to use SubSurface scattering. The Omnifreaker UberSurface is free with DS, in your content library/shader presets/Omnifreaker. I thought you maybe used that, having mentioned fresnel etc. I think most newer 3DL skin presets use the AoA SS shader. It's good, but UberSurface is much faster. Also with UberSurface you can disable occlusion and/or raytracing for hair and other transmapped stuff, to speed up rendering.

So, if you knew all this, just ignore me=) Anyway, the tools basically don't matter, it's the result that counts;)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

currently I'm testing 3delight only, embedded in d/s 4.12 release; it has been loading MDL shaders quite correctly, dunno why, I guess 3de has been improved to do that; the only shaders taking time to render are from genesis1 figures I own, and RSL with translucency applied on them. 

The noise filter is the so called pixel filter in the render settings tab.

Up to now I'm neglecting the use of SSS and focusing on reflection, specular and translucency.

The Fresnel effect applied to reflection is similar to microfacet reflection model, it seems iray computs it automatically whereas 3de doesn't

The transmapped hair shaders for iray work fine even in 3de for what I see, on the contrary fibermeshes are a no-go in 3de

no need to use ubersurface, as said it's suffice for my needs to tune up the default skin shaders

currently I'm testing 3delight only, embedded in d/s 4.12 release; it has been loading MDL shaders quite correctly, dunno why, I guess 3de has been improved to do that; the only shaders taking time to render are from genesis1 figures I own, and RSL with translucency applied on them. 

The noise filter is the so called pixel filter in the render settings tab.

Up to now I'm neglecting the use of SSS and focusing on reflection, specular and translucency.

The Fresnel effect applied to reflection is similar to microfacet reflection model, it seems iray computs it automatically whereas 3de doesn't

The transmapped hair shaders for iray work fine even in 3de for what I see, on the contrary fibermeshes are a no-go in 3de

no need to use ubersurface, as said it's suffice for my needs to tune up the default skin shaders

Tks for clarifying! I need to check the 4.12 changelog to see if they did something to the 3DL implementation.

edited December 2019

here's another try with vegetation, Sven: less than 2 hours to render

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 667K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

here's another try with vegetation, Sven: less than 2 hours to render

Very nice:)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

I used to do a lot of black and white photography and occassionaly feel quite nostalgic for the days when I had my own darkroom. Then I remember the throat clawing smell of the chemicals...

Anyway, a couple of nostalgic renders:

Title: Jenni at the Bus Stop

Title: Leisa Reclining

Post processing in the Gimp.

nattaruk said:

I used to do a lot of black and white photography and occassionaly feel quite nostalgic for the days when I had my own darkroom. Then I remember the throat clawing smell of the chemicals...

Love themsmiley

• here's another try with vegetation, Sven: less than 2 hours to render

Outstanding! Excellent!

• nattaruk said:

Ugh! I remember my aunt got cancer probably from the photo chemicals or smoking like a chiminey... chim chim cheroo....

Those two renders are nice. Definitly worth the non scratchiness in the throat.

• Playing around with some stuff I got during the PC+ Anniversary sales!!

I think this one turned out great other then the bottles and glass being green in color not sure why that is!!

Titled: BBQ Picnic

The bottles look clear. The liquid inside looks green. Anyway, it's a pleasant render.

• Vegetation...hmmm let's see...

...devil

I think I posted these in here somewhere, but here you go...

b6c9bbfe18703bba9029bc9521fc95.png is my favorite in that group. The one with the tall cavern.

• another try focusing on indirect lighting and ambient occlusion

Thank you for those links to the people. Really great renders and blending.

• SBD
    Phffght.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 770K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    SBD

omg lol

• Thanks everyone for posting such awesome renders!  I haven't had much time to play. lately, so I really enjoy seeing what everyone has accomplished.  I was able to make oe piece inspired by a conversation in the Commons.  Has nothing to do with the Christmas stuff I was supposed to work on (sigh)... but it was fun :-)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/902731/

Guynoid

edited December 2019

thx guys, very interesting and inspiring renders here

this mine is about skin setup of course

3de.jpg
    1920 x 2160 - 3M

Couple of renders I posted in my awe thread a while back...basically testing wowie's aweHair shader and the updated aweSurface SS.

• Wonderful translucency on the first one - caught my eye immediately!

Wonderful translucency on the first one - caught my eye immediately!

Tks:) And keep your renders coming...love to see what you come up with next;)

edited December 2019

...meanwhile, on top of the hill...

A Moose pp.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Quick render testing lighting.
    UF3 CD UE2 RS HGHhdri 12m29s.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Quick render testing lighting.

Looks nice!

edited December 2019

...just a little time machine...biding its time...

A Time Machine awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • ...just a little time machine...biding its time...

Drinking it's wine. Nice!

• This one kept crashing over and over while rendering till I hid most of everything in the scene. Then it took 36 minutes to render. Plus the four hours of WTF crashing.
    UF5 C1sl 36m15s.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 2019
    This one kept crashing over and over while rendering till I hid most of everything in the scene. Then it took 36 minutes to render. Plus the four hours of WTF crashing.

That's UF5, right? Hmm I got it some time ago with the intent of converting it to awe for a night scene. I made a couple of testrenders with the default 3DL without problems, so not sure why it crashes for you...

Will post some awe renders when I get the conversion done...kind of waiting for wowie's next upgrade, that apparently will be a major one.

• edited December 2019
    It's not Stonemason's fault. It's my computer is really old and should only render an item at a time. Not the whole scene. I wasted a couple of hours just now trying to improve the shaders of scene by Coflek-Gnorg. It kept crashing after I made too many changes. Close Daz. Open Daz. Start render. Crash. Restart computer. Open Daz. Open recent. Start render. Crash. Shut down computer for five minutes to clear RAM. Start up. Open Daz. Open recent. Start render. Crash. Delete scene. Start scene with defaults.... Gave up for the night.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

Man that's terriblesurprise. Any chance of updating some component? How much RAM do you have installed? I mean, I have a Macbook 2012 laptop with 4 Gigs of RAM, DS 4.7 that I use from time to time. It's slow to work with for a little more complex scenes, but with patience it's totally capable of rendering things out without crashing. Granted, it can take a couple of hours or dayslaugh

• edited December 2019
    lol hours or days with that configuration? I put on this amd 2.8ghz dual 4gb of ram but only sees 3gb ram. the video card is an nvidia quadro fx 580 which is only 512mb of vram so no help there if I wanted to do gpu rendering. Windows XP 32bit for the OS. Upgraded recently to DAZ 4.12 from 4.6 because Reality 2.5 stopped opening and I can not for the life of me figure out why. The only benefit of rendering an item at a time (a chair, a table, a plate...) is that I could composit it with live human later in After Effects. This is an iray table but rendered only in 3delight.
    iray table 3dl 4pt sun 2m30s.png
    1920 x 1080 - 436K
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
    edited December 2019

skin shaders adjusted in carrara and imported in dae format

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.