Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited October 2019

Actually not very happy with the shell...problems with geometry, mesh got invisible with the displacement settings of -4/4. Luckily aweSurface has the option to adjust displacement bounds, which helped a bit, but yeah the shell doesn't really work properly, there are spikes and stuff if you look closely. And I made it too reflective, should be rougher.

Well, to be fair that could just be my screw up, not Will's. blush I haven't worked out all the bugs in normal/displacement yet. Will likely have to wait until the hair shader is done. Btw, it's rendering in half the time now. laugh Well, actually just slightly less than that. Might still change, so don't hold me to it.

Post edited by wowie on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2019
    wowie said:

Actually not very happy with the shell...problems with geometry, mesh got invisible with the displacement settings of -4/4. Luckily aweSurface has the option to adjust displacement bounds, which helped a bit, but yeah the shell doesn't really work properly, there are spikes and stuff if you look closely. And I made it too reflective, should be rougher.

Well, to be fair that could just be my screw up, not Will's. blush I haven't worked out all the bugs in normal/displacement yet. Will likely have to wait until the hair shader is done. Btw, it's rendering in half the time now. laugh Well, actually just slightly less than that. Might still change, so don't hold me to it.

Aah ok...fingers crossedlaugh

Yeah btw, didn't try to imply there is something wrong with Will's product, was more thinking in terms of SubD levels and displacement implementations;) Since he had bumped the SubD level way up (6 IIRC) I thought maybe I should try to export it with high resolution on and reimport to see if that makes a difference?

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Title: He Strode Towards Her...

edited October 2019

Bostrychoceras...Will, I love these little fellas:)

Bostrychoceras awe.png
    1800 x 1350 - 3M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Thank you!

Yeah, I was very happy once I figured out I could capture a whole slew of wacky ammonoid shells by _rigging_ the shell. Bam!

Getting proper scaling to get spirals and such took a lot of math, though. woof.

Oso3D said:

Thank you!

Yeah, I was very happy once I figured out I could capture a whole slew of wacky ammonoid shells by _rigging_ the shell. Bam!

Getting proper scaling to get spirals and such took a lot of math, though. woof.

I still can't get displacement to work properly, but as wowie mentioned, it may have to do with aweSurface, will look into it some more;) Still think that shell looks cool without the displacement though. Have you thought of making some nice jellyfish? *wink wink*

nattaruk said:

Title: He Strode Towards Her...

That's very nice! Love the way you play with shadowsyes

edited October 2019

Love playing with wowie's AWE Hair:) Works on Garibaldi hair (the brows) too. If someone wants to try it out, wowie pointed out that it also works with the regular 3DL renderer with progressive enabled.

wowie's free stuff

Caitlin hair AWEH2pp.png
    1200 x 1942 - 3M
    edited October 2019

...nothing to see here people, (just a giant snail), carry on...

A snail awe.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    edited October 2019

blush

Chiroptera Lumbricus.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • edited October 2019
    Well, the live insects I have at home such as flies and ants, when I look at them close up, have hair and other "imperfections" that give each one character. So I wouldn't consider those spikes on the shell of the 3D model an imperfection.

Happy thankgiving my Canadian friends.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

I love playing with shadows!

Title: Shadow Dance

Processed in the Gimp for a black and white film effect.

nattaruk said:

I love playing with shadows!

Title: Shadow Dance

Processed in the Gimp for a black and white film effect.

yesyes

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 301

Pumpkin, pumpkin on the ground

...mirror mirror on the wall...

Post Apocalypse Gloom

Limo Nights...

• It's been quiet here, lately!  I have been 'working'... oh, all right, mostly playing...

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/881721

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/872661

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/883281/

Rita, waiting, at Trearchi Folly.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited November 2019

Remember, remember....

m5_fawkes_ipad_res.jpg
    1536 x 2048 - 2M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited November 2019

...hm, something I made years ago...best friends;) May have posted it in here...

Edit aah found it on p23blush...getting senile

Great images, all!

Sundance

Leave Us Alone

Callan and Amorette do not like being doorstepped.

• In memory...
    Salute.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    In memory...

Garibaldi beard? laugh

• Grr I balding on top too. When I started rendering with Daz, my beard was short and red... now look at me. I need a faster computer.
    Grr I balding on top too. When I started rendering with Daz, my beard was short and red... now look at me. I need a faster computer.

I've no idea how you did that...but it looks cool:) More, please!

• edited November 2019
    Grr I balding on top too. When I started rendering with Daz, my beard was short and red... now look at me. I need a faster computer.

I've no idea how you did that...but it looks cool:) More, please!

It's just greenscreen. I'm posting those to my other thread because it may involve Luxrender. Thanks, and thank you for the Garibaldi beard comment... gave me a belly laugh when I first saw that. I'm more interested in seeing the renders all of you have been doing with 3delight. It inspires me.

DSC_0204.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 609K
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited November 2019

3delight vs iray comparison test; in this case 3delight was faster

3De.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Iray.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • 3delight vs iray comparison test; in this case 3delight was faster

What were the render times on these? In this comparison, the iray has more depth in the shadows. Slow cooking makes for a tastier meal if you know what I mean.

This discussion has been closed.