Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited November 2019

thx,

made slight adjustments here playing around with indirect lighting strenght and maximum trace distance (uberenvironment of course, IL with directional shadows mode); as for render times, both around 8 mins with a i7 8700 and gtx 1080

3De.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

thx,

made slight adjustments here playing around with indirect lighting strenght and maximum trace distance (uberenvironment of course, IL with directional shadows mode); as for render times, both around 8 mins with a i7 8700 and gtx 1080

Yeah I think it improved with the changes you made. Looks more "physically plausible". It's funny how the street changes shape when rendered in 3DL. Don't know if it's displacement or possibly surface smoothing;)

Here's something I posted in the carlovers thread a while back...not related to the above post in any way=)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Something I whipped up for teh RAM-challenge and because I could:

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I think it looks great Mori_Mann!!

edited November 2019

Just a quick test with Sinbad's Magic Gems shader, renders fast and looks real nice IMO:) 3min with an AoA distant light + AoA ambient. The metal is just plain DS default.

I've had the gem shader for a while, just never got around to use it, it's able to produce some real nice caustics effect. Works in IRay too btw.

Sinbad's Magic Gem shader.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited November 2019

testing different skin setups

@Sven: how do you get likely glass and chrome materials like in the old car IBL render? it's pretty difficult to achieve in Daz IMHO

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    edited November 2019

Playing around with some stuff I got during the PC+ Anniversary sales!!

I think this one turned out great other then the bottles and glass being green in color not sure why that is!!

Titled: BBQ Picnic

BBQ Picnic Add On.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

testing different skin setups

That's an impressive bunch of gals;)

@Sven: how do you get likely glass and chrome materials like in the old car IBL render? it's pretty difficult to achieve in Daz IMHO

Well it's HDRI lit, but not using IBL-master. I use wowie's aweSurface with scripted pathtracing. Here are some links if you feel like looking into it:

aweshading-kit-10-for-daz-studio         /awe-surface-shader-a-new-physically-plausible-shader-for-daz-studio-and-3delight/p1

wowie's free stuff

aweSurface uses a physically based rendering (PBR) metalness / roughness workflow, so, simple as that:) Yeah, using the ds default- or UberSurface- or AoA SS shaders will require a lot more work to get a physically plausible effect. I had to make a few controlmaps to get that weathered look, (metalness, roughness, specular maps).

thx Sven, looks great; render times?

I'm going to give it a try :)

edited November 2019

thx Sven, looks great; render times?

I'm going to give it a try :)

No general answer to that question I'm afraidsmiley. The car rendered in about 10 min. Awe can't beat Iray on GPU rendering yet, but if you compare CPU rendering, generally awe is about 5 times faster. The scenes can be optimized for speed in various ways, since shadow- and SS samples are set up per surface. The area PT light shader is very fast, and I use it for pretty much everything. I think if you use Omnifreaker's stuff (arealight, UE2 in one of the bouncelight modes) aweSurface beats it. Best thing is wowie is constantly working on improvements, optimizing stuff, and releasing updates and hotfixes. And there is a preview of his brand new aweHair shader in his free stuff folder as well. For more questions about awe and pathtracing, please visit my awe test track thread here:

the-official-awesurface-test-track#latest

I got this product https://www.daz3d.com/space-station a while ago and, for once, tried to recreate the IRay promos with awe. Here is one of the promos:

...and my first attempt with awe:

Then I looked up some real footage from ISS etc and realized it needs a makeoverlaugh So here is the current version, still need to fill it up with cables and hoses and whatnot:

IIRC this rendered in about 40 min. Tried the IRay version, aborted after 60 min, 5% done.

cool indeed, in the latest version the AO looks more realistic

did you ever try to render a scene with vegetation? never satisfied with it even with iray, octane makes the foliage way better IMO

Vegetation...hmmm let's see...

...devil

I think I posted these in here somewhere, but here you go...

edited November 2019

Again playing with some stuff I got during the PC+ sales!

Titled: Big Bus Stop

Big Bus Stop.png
    1854 x 1042 - 3M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited November 2019

my latest attempt to get a convincing vegetation in 3delight; the foliage has to be adjusted mostly

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 953K

my latest attempt to get a convincing vegetation in 3delight; the foliage has to be adjusted mostly

Looks very realistic, unless you view it in original size. There's this noise all over, are they forum compression artefacts or something with your settings?

Again playing with some stuff I got during the PC+ sales!

Titled: Big Bus Stop

I bet the bus will never comelaugh

edited November 2019

thx Sven,

you're right, the shadow samples were too low and the occlusion ones as well

this is the final shot but I need to adjust leaves here and there

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1007K
    edited November 2019

thx Sven,

you're right, the shadow samples were too low and the occlusion ones as well

this is the final shot but I need to adjust leaves here and there

It's better, still some grain though. So what lighting mode are you using on the UE2? Might want to decrease the UE2 shading rate  also? And are you using progressive mode. You may know progressive disables the pixel filters, and of course uses a number of shortcuts to speed up rendering. Basically it's meant for fast previewing;) And one more thing, you may want to up the pixel samples to get rid of some of the noise created by DoF. 8 x 8 or 10 x10 are good numbers, especially with heavy DoF.

Btw, nice looking character hair and outfit. Would look absolutely stunning if you can get rid of the grain;)

thx for the hints Sven, really appreciated :)

as for the gal, it's a 3D scanned figure you can grab here.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/woman/leather-outfit-girl

edited November 2019

another try focusing on indirect lighting and ambient occlusion

edited November 2019

double post

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

thx for the hints Sven, really appreciated :)

as for the gal, it's a 3D scanned figure you can grab here.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/woman/leather-outfit-girl

Aah, very nice looking lo poly stuff:) A question...what kind of controlmaps are provided? (bump-, normal- etc) I'm tempted to take advantage of their Black Friday deal;)

another try focusing on indirect lighting and ambient occlusion

Nice street scene! You may have overdone the AO strength though, if you look at the neck and chin of that girl, it doesn't really look like proper light bounce IMO. Nevertheless it's a cool scene.

edited November 2019

well, typically they come out with diffuse, normal and specular maps like in many of the following good free models:

https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-people/

you are right one more time Sven, I guess I have to tweak the trace distance without washing out the shadows under the boots

btw I find that default gamma value of 2.2 is a bit too high for 3De, it works better in 1.8-2.0 range IMO

edited December 2019

final shot :)

3de.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    edited December 2019

well, typically they come out with diffuse, normal and specular maps like in many of the following good free models:

https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-people/

Ok, tks!

btw I find that default gamma value of 2.2 is a bit too high for 3De, it works better in 1.8-2.0 range IMO

I definitely wouldn't go that route, rather look into shader- and light settings. IMO gamma 2.20 with gamma correction ON (for a linear workflow) is the only way to achieve correct shading and lighting. And this is especially true for PBR rendering like aweSurface.

https://www.vfxwizard.com/tutorials/gamma-correction-for-linear-workflow.html

final shot :)

Nice jobyes

thx Sven,

anyway a couple of things are unconvcining to me yet: the occlusion color is maybe too dark and the fresnel effect applied to reflection is poor (actually I dunno how to get it), as well as the blurred one - see the reddish reflection on the cobbles

edited December 2019

testing skin and occlusion

3de.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 742K

testing skin and occlusion

All in all looks more in balance than the city scene, nice! So you're using the OmUberSurface on the skin? Pretty cool looking! I figure that took a while to rendercool

thx Sven, in effect I found a balance between occlusion strength and max trace distance good for almost every lighting and shader; about the skin I've been using the default shaders coming with each character, tweaked and adjusted only slightly; obviously I prefer the MDL version but even the RSL sometimes can be used turning to 0 the translucency. As far as I know I have never used the ubersurface nor purchased, unless is somehow integrated into default vendor skins. Render times: around 2 hours but the most part was taken by the noise filter, seriously tested by the foliage; raytracing took only few minutes to render the whole, one of the fastest I've ever experienced

This discussion has been closed.