Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Yes I did UE2 as a matter of fact KK

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..ahh with all those transparencies, reflections and transmaps, makes sense why it took so long.  You can flag transmapped surfaces to not be affected by UE which will speed the process up. 

How would I do that?

...it's been a while since I used UE, I believe right click on the item you want to turn UE off for, which brings up a dialogue box abot replacing the materials, then select "none".  Don't have Daz open at the moment to verify this.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

How would I do that?

I don't know about flagging the way kk suggested, but if you apply UberSurface to the hairs you can then go to the surface tab and set occlusion off. That will speed up things a bit. US also gives you the option to turn off raytracing if you don't want an item to show up in reflective surfaces. Converting a hair from the default shader to US is pretty straight forward, note that ambience, bump and displacement will be off by default so you might want to enable them manually.

..ahh that's it.  Got mixed up with converting 3DL shaders to the base Iray Uber ones.  Like I mentioned it's been a while and I rarely used UE because of the resource hog it is, particularly after the AoA Advanced lights came out.

kyoto kid said:

..ahh that's it.  Got mixed up with converting 3DL shaders to the base Iray Uber ones.  Like I mentioned it's been a while and I rarely used UE because of the resource hog it is, particularly after the AoA Advanced lights came out.

I kind of hoped you would reveal some secrets about UE that I had missedsurprisesmiley

edited January 2018

I managed to combine IBLM with the caustic shaders, so it actually works all of a sudden. Don't know why it didn't work the first time I tried it, some sort of glitch obviously. Here I used the digivault stardome and put the image into IBLM for GI, and a shader spotlight+a homemade caustic shader on that flower thing. I moved the spot around to see how it affects the caustic reflections. (Flares added in GIMP)

Caustic Flower.png
    3M
    Caustic Flower2.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

...never got much into using it as until just over 5 years ago I was still working on a 32 bit notebook with only 4 GB of memory.  Using even the area lights could trigger a render crash. After building the system I have now I still found it awfully sluggish as well as driving CPU temperatures higher than using 3DL without it. When the AoA lights came out I became a total convert as they were much easier on system resources.  Hence why I also never bought any of the UE or Ubersurface add ons either.

Waiting for Wowie's ultra mega shader system.

I managed to combine IBLM with the caustic shaders, so it actually works all of a sudden. Don't know why it didn't work the first time I tried it, some sort of glitch obviously. Here I used the digivault stardome and put the image into IBLM for GI, and a shader spotlight+a homemade caustic shader on that flower thing. I moved the spot around to see how it effects the caustic reflections. (Flares added in GIMP)

...cool.

kyoto kid said:

Waiting for Wowie's ultra mega shader system.

yes

edited January 2018

More caustics+IBLM:

Blues pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

...nice now I need to get the bottle on the ground of my scene to do that.

kyoto kid said:

...nice now I need to get the bottle on the ground of my scene to do that.

smileyThat could be a tricky one. Maybe this would work better for that?

...ahh, don't have that. Going to try to coax the effect out first

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49
    edited January 2018

A little test with IBLM, some DoF, a shader builder atmosphere camera, two uberarea lights, 6x6 pixel samples, 1778x1000 and it still finished in 15 mins on my 7 year old imac. Quite pleasing really :)

Post edited by timeoff on
    timeoff said:

A little test with IBLM, some DoF, a shader builder atmosphere camera, two uberarea lights, 6x6 pixel samples, 1778x1000 and it still finished in 15 mins on my 7 year old imac. Quite pleasing really :)

That's beautiful! Would love to see the original size rendersmiley

timeoff said:

...the original size render...

Should be visible here: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/200385

timeoff said:
    timeoff said:

edited January 2018

IBLM render, SS skins and quite a large number of instances, rendertime 40 minutes:

Let's go home, mother!pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
    kyoto kid said:

...it's been a while since I used UE, I believe right click on the item you want to turn UE off for, which brings up a dialogue box abot replacing the materials, then select "none".  Don't have Daz open at the moment to verify this.

Thanks KK for trying to help me out with this!!laugh

How would I do that?

I don't know about flagging the way kk suggested, but if you apply UberSurface to the hairs you can then go to the surface tab and set occlusion off. That will speed up things a bit. US also gives you the option to turn off raytracing if you don't want an item to show up in reflective surfaces. Converting a hair from the default shader to US is pretty straight forward, note that ambience, bump and displacement will be off by default so you might want to enable them manually.

Thanks Sven very easy to understand tip there I am going to use this info and render out the image again to see if it cuts off time and how much it cut off!!!devil

kyoto kid said:

I sure wish I could afford AoA lighting (Checks Piggybank to find it is broken)!!sad

kyoto kid said:

I kind of hoped you would reveal some secrets about UE that I had missedsurprisesmiley

I never knew UE was a resorce hog!! surprise No wonder it took forever to render out for me then!!!indecision

timeoff said:

That render is simply amazing Timeoff!!!!

I just love the reflection on the water and that background wow!!laugh

timeoff said:
    timeoff said:

...indeed very nice.  What set is that for the mountains and shoreline?

edited January 2018

kyoto kid said:

I sure wish I could afford AoA lighting (Checks Piggybank to find it is broken)!!sad

...if you are a PC+ member the bundle is 30% off.  A good deal as you are almost getting the Ambient light for free and if you still have your PC coupon, you can use it to take 6$ off the price bringing it down to 11$ and change.

I'd also not overlook IBL Master as well when you have the funds. As you have seen here, it pretty much does what UE does but in  a fraction of the render time.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

...if you are a PC+ member the bundle is 30% off.  A good deal as you are almost getting the Ambient light for free and if you still have your PC coupon, you can use it to take 6$ off the price bringing it down to 11$ and change.

I'd also not overlook IBL Master as well when you have the funds. As you have seen here, it pretty much does what UE does but in  a fraction of the render time.

OHHHH!! I have IBL Master in my favs just waiting for that Piggybank to get nice and fat againdevil

...it will make quite a difference.

kyoto kid said:
    timeoff said:
    timeoff said:

...indeed very nice.  What set is that for the mountains and shoreline?

It's all terradome3 but I've converted the textures using one of Will Timmins' freebie 3dl shaders to reuse some of the terradome3 iray materials. The moon is from terraluna3 with the iray emissives converted to uberarea. Likewise the HDR from the same set used directly in IBLM.

edited January 2018

Gravity Field.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M

Here is a simple render to check out a new car freebie I got today.

• magicjavamagicjava Posts: 152

Wow. This thread has a lot of great pictures. This is an old render, so it's not as nice as what you guys are posting, but I figured I'd share it anyway. Enjoy. :)

This discussion has been closed.