Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 2018

...OK first reasonable attempt using the Paris' IBL Master with 3DL on my old test scene of the girls at the bus stop.  Still needs a little "fine tuning" (as I learn more about this tool) but I like the results so far (and only 23 min to render with full IBL unlike UE).

bus stop 3DL IBL.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 839K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208
    edited January 2018

I loooooooooooove 3Delight... Iray schmiray... lol.  All my 3d artwork is listed below at my DeviantArt linky if ya wanna give'em a look.

Here's one I just did for my Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge here at Daz and at PFDLives forum... I've already had someone say "WOW I thought it was a photograph, amazing realism"

ENJOY!

CROSS 7minute render DONE RED SIGN.jpg
    1064 x 1064 - 178K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I loooooooooooove 3Delight... Iray schmiray... lol.  All my 3d artwork is listed below at my DeviantArt linky if ya wanna give'em a look.

Here's one I just did for my Llola Lane's Render a Month Challenge here at Daz and at PFDLives forum... I've already had someone say "WOW I thought it was a photograph, amazing realism"

ENJOY!

Very nice indeedsmiley!

kyoto kid said:

...OK first reasonable attempt using the Paris' IBL Master with 3DL on my old test scene of the girls at the bus stop.  Still needs a little "fine tuning" (as I learn more about this tool) but I like the results so far (and only 23 min to render with full IBL unlike UE).

Nice one! Yeah I'm late for the train, just got the 4.10 beta installed and running, and fixed the AoA lights that stopped working=) So far so good, rendering speed is amazing, I love it:) I found out the default HDRI can be used for lightning and you can hide the 3DL environment sphere and use any 3DL skydome instead;)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

ENJOY!

Very nice indeedsmiley!

Thank you kindly :)

kyoto kid said:

Nice one! Yeah I'm late for the train, just got the 4.10 beta installed and running, and fixed the AoA lights that stopped working=) So far so good, rendering speed is amazing, I love it:) I found out the default HDRI can be used for lightning and you can hide the 3DL environment sphere and use any 3DL skydome instead;)

...this one actually used a photo backdrop of Zagreb on a standard plane primitive, the sphere was scaled to fall just beyond it

Rerendered my grizzly scene with IBLM, 55 min, pretty impressive, the RR3 version took 2h;)

edited January 2018

A IBLM testrender, only lightsource is the digivault stardome image plugged into the HDRI slot and light intensity multiplier cranked up to 45 (limits off). Rendertime 17 min.

Kind of cool considering there is a lot of geometry and transmapped high poly trees and AoA grass;)

Night Forrest IBLM.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I really like those renders. :) I try some new product and realize I know so little still yet.

Liana said:

I really like those renders. :) I try some new product and realize I know so little still yet.

Know what you meanlaugh! The IBLM is yet to be fully explored=)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591
    edited January 2018

Starting to get the hang of rendering in 3DL again, and using @Parris's new product (https://www.daz3d.com/ibl-master-for-daz-studio):

Been putting it through its paces rendering different content and optimizing workflow - full render was 2400x3120 and only took 1min58secs.

- Greg

kimberly.png
    800 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by algovincian on

...Kimberly.  Haven't worked with her in a while.

Starting to get the hang of rendering in 3DL again, and using @Parris's new product (https://www.daz3d.com/ibl-master-for-daz-studio):

Been putting it through its paces rendering different content and optimizing workflow - full render was 2400x3120 and only took 1min58secs.

- Greg

Very nice! Personally not into toon stuff but your backdrops are gorgeous and she really pops;) I loved your wolf and the other creature dude, you should post them heresmiley.

I'm amazed by the rendering speeds, not used to this kind of stufflaugh. Even if you have a lot of transmapped trees and other geometry the difference is night and day.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591
    edited January 2018
    kyoto kid said:

...Kimberly.  Haven't worked with her in a while.

Yeah, I know - breaking out the old content with 3DL mats! 3DUniverse shows up first in my Content Library for Genesis 1 characters.

- Greg

Very nice! Personally not into toon stuff but your backdrops are gorgeous and she really pops;) I loved your wolf and the other creature dude, you should post them heresmiley.

I'm amazed by the rendering speeds, not used to this kind of stufflaugh. Even if you have a lot of transmapped trees and other geometry the difference is night and day.

Thanks, Sven. Your nighttime image was most impressive! One of the best things about IBL Master using 3DL is that it allows you independently adjust the illumination of the background vs. how much light it throws.

Still just rendering all sorts of content trying to get a handle on my workflow using IBLM/3DL from start to finish. Once I do pin it down, it'll be time for some larger scale renders since the 6GB VRAM on my card no longer factors into the equation.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
    edited January 2018

Ok so here is a pretty massive scene with a lot of geometry and reflective/refractive stuff:) IBLM works like a charm, I used the default HDRI + Uberarea lights for ceiling lights which render pretty slow. Still finished in 50 minutes, I think that is rather impressive. Rendered in progressive mode. Things could still use a little tweaking but consider it a test;)

At the Pool IBLM.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Ok so here is a pretty massive scene with a lot of geometry and reflective/refractive stuff:) IBLM works like a charm, I used the default HDRI + Uberarea lights for ceiling lights which render pretty slow. Still finished in 50 minutes, I think that is rather impressive. Rendered in progressive mode. Things could still use a little tweaking but consider it a test;)

For a real-world scene (which always seem to me to be a bit boring =))), it looks very good =)

If it were a photoshoot, you'd probably set up extra lights to make the girl look more of a focal point. But a casual photo would probably look quite similar =)

For a real-world scene (which always seem to me to be a bit boring =))), it looks very good =)

If it were a photoshoot, you'd probably set up extra lights to make the girl look more of a focal point. But a casual photo would probably look quite similar =)

You are absolutely right, it's too dark, I shold have increased both the IBLM and the area lights, thanks for the input! And the water is not the way I want it, but closing in:)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Here is a render which I made for Lola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. I think this is one of my better efforts.

Title: Candlelit Sepulchrology

dForce was used on the cobwebs and the women's clothing. Uberenvironment 2 and linear point lights were used for the lighting. Postwork in the Gimp.

nattaruk said:

Here is a render which I made for Lola Lane's Render a Month Challenge. I think this is one of my better efforts.

Title: Candlelit Sepulchrology

dForce was used on the cobwebs and the women's clothing. Uberenvironment 2 and linear point lights were used for the lighting. Postwork in the Gimp.

Very Nice! I bet it took a while to render:)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited January 2018

Oh my gosh I love this, the look on their faces is priceless!  Great storytelling with this set of images.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Oh my gosh I love this, the look on their faces is priceless!  Great storytelling with this set of images.

Wow thank you so much, Sonja!!! Much appreciated:)

Opened an old scene and rendered with IBLM default HDRI, progressive mode, rendertime 9.5 minutes. Default mode takes a LOT longer, nearly 3 times, so progressive seems to be the way to go with this;) I'm so impressed by the way it handles transmapped vegetationsmiley

edited January 2018

And some more IBLM stuff, DS default shader skin;) Genesis1 custom character:

Young Beauty IBLM.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Those 2 renders are beautiful Sven, such great details.

I am very impressed indeed!!

@Saphirewild Thank you very much:) It's fun to revisit old scenes and give them a makeover with IBL-Master=)

Another old scene revisited;)

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I like that. :) It seems I need to do some more serious reading about lights and how the different shader controls work after reading some more in the IBL master thread.

Liana said:

I like that. :) It seems I need to do some more serious reading about lights and how the different shader controls work after reading some more in the IBL master thread.

Thanks Liana! Learning by doing is mostly how I make progress lol. But when I get stuck I find myself all over the forums digging for info=) After a fair bit of testing I discovered that the IBL Master doesn't handle normal maps very well, or in fact not at all. So if you run into trouble with strange spots in strange places that won't go away, try removing the normalmaps for that material;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Rendered in 3Delight no postwork used Lintinos Daytime lighting also used an HDRI for background and a PC+ Freebie I got a while back (Ranch Enviroment Prop)

Titled: A Horse Story

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited January 2018

Very nicely done, Saph! (although one of your horses appears to be levitating smiley)

Post edited by SixDs on
This discussion has been closed.