Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    STAY DOWN! This was rendered in 3Delight on Daz Studio 3 on a Mac G5.

Very cool, Barefoot!!! I get nostalgic haha, I had a G5 for many years, watercooled and built like a German tank. It kind of imploded about a year ago, there was nothing to be donecrying

Thank you Saphirewild, agent unawares and Liana for your kind comments on the chess render, most appreciated!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    STAY DOWN! This was rendered in 3Delight on Daz Studio 3 on a Mac G5.

That is really neat. It looks pretty real. :)

• Hi again everyone! Y'all have been posting some excellent stuff. What about running a workshop on creativity? =)

hacsart - that industrial stuff is top-notch =)

Hi again everyone! Y'all have been posting some excellent stuff. What about running a workshop on creativity? =)

@Mustakettu85

What was your line of thinking on the workshop exactly? :)

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

One more...

03CD268D-D7E4-4F7C-B051-064D16B1206C.jpeg
    1680 x 1050 - 517K
    hacsart said:

One more...

Very nice! I guess it took some time to complete.

edited December 2017

I couldn't resist this set, had it on my wishlist for a loong time but in the cart it went. And Granny needed a new place to stay;)

AoA render

THE HAG'S HUTpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

I like the old roman guys.

The fog/steam is pretty cool. I giggled at the old lady. What set is that?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    hacsart said:

One more...

Great render!!

I couldn't resist this set, had it on my wishlist for a loong time but in the cart it went. And Granny needed a new place to stay;)

AoA render

What a an amazing render I so love all the fog/smoke!!

• Liana said:

Hi again everyone! Y'all have been posting some excellent stuff. What about running a workshop on creativity? =)

@Mustakettu85

How to develop this mode of thinking, or whatever it should be called, when you just make an image out of the blue, it makes sense, it has internal narrative, but it's not an illustration to a story that you (or another author) has written previously. And how to make these images in spades, not just once every three years when you get "inspired".

This is a skill I'd totally love to learn.

Liana said:

I like the old roman guys.

The fog/steam is pretty cool. I giggled at the old lady. What set is that?

https://www.daz3d.com/muelsfell-hag-s-hut

I love itsmiley

What a an amazing render I so love all the fog/smoke!!

Thanks a lot Saphire:)

edited December 2017

Here's the result of my first serious battle with shadermixer, I decided I need to get a basic understanding of what can be done in there. I'm just afraid I can't get out ever againsurprise

The whole scene is lit by one single spotlight.

HIGH DENSITYpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
    edited December 2017

I thought I would make a christmas card, but on second thought...maybe not:)

Winter's coming AoA.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited December 2017

My chess scene is finally complete. It's based on a song I wrote with a very good friend of mine back in the 90's called Table Number  One. I'd like to make a slide show if I can find the master, it's in my archive somewhere on a DAT tape probably with no label on it lol. Anyway, this is the first frame I believe!?

The Nirvana Chess Cafe 5pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here's the result of my first serious battle with shadermixer, I decided I need to get a basic understanding of what can be done in there. I'm just afraid I can't get out ever againsurprise

The whole scene is lit by one single spotlight.

I think you win that battle Sven what an outstanding render for sure!!!

I thought I would make a christmas card, but on second thought...maybe not:)

Now this looks like you took a picture with a camera instead way to go!!!

My chess scene is finally complete. It's based on a song I wrote with a very good friend of mine back in the 90's called Table Number  One. I'd like to make a slide show if I can find the master, it's in my archive somewhere on a DAT tape probably with no label on it lol. Anyway, this is the first frame I believe!?

I really love this render most of all it reminds me of the chess battle I watched on youtube last year where 2 robots battled it out.

Thank you so much Saphire! Inspiration can be found in the strangest of places, it's pretty much like BobMarley said about music:when it hits you feel no pain!

Liana said:

How to develop this mode of thinking, or whatever it should be called, when you just make an image out of the blue, it makes sense, it has internal narrative, but it's not an illustration to a story that you (or another author) has written previously. And how to make these images in spades, not just once every three years when you get "inspired".

This is a skill I'd totally love to learn.

Funny you should say that. :) I was thinking I am the oddball here at 'Dazland' as some call it, because 99% of the time I have no back story and everyone is always asking for one. I just most times get an idea or something and throw a scene together. I don't do more because of real life things coming up and my farm, but winter is my slow time. I have more time for Daz Studio, but lately I have jumped into tutorials to enhance my texturing and modeling skills. I still need lots of help/learning in lighting and shaders of course. :)This might be a good thread to start. I am pretty sure there are some especially lately that are creating promo like scenes one/day with no written back story so to speak.

@Sven Dullah

Nice renders as usual. :) The space, cosmic one is pretty interesting.

• Sven Dullah said:

Outstanding scene =) And it would be soooo cool to hear that song one day...
  • Liana said:

Funny you should say that. :) I was thinking I am the oddball here at 'Dazland' as some call it, because 99% of the time I have no back story and everyone is always asking for one. I just most times get an idea or something and throw a scene together. I don't do more because of real life things coming up and my farm, but winter is my slow time. I have more time for Daz Studio, but lately I have jumped into tutorials to enhance my texturing and modeling skills. I still need lots of help/learning in lighting and shaders of course. :)This might be a good thread to start. I am pretty sure there are some especially lately that are creating promo like scenes one/day with no written back story so to speak.

Nope you aren´t, not in the circles I hang around in, at least =) Most people I know, if they have a story, it comes after the image.

Promo-like scenes, you mean when there´s just a character in a modeling pose standing in the middle of a random environment doing nothing? =D

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916

Sven those ghost chess peices are just really cool! and I would really like to know what you did there in the shadermixer, I havn't really dared play with it ( was afraid to end as pulp...) but those surfaces look really interesting

Linwelly said:

Sven those ghost chess peices are just really cool! and I would really like to know what you did there in the shadermixer, I havn't really dared play with it ( was afraid to end as pulp...) but those surfaces look really interesting

Actually IIRC I didn't use shadermixer for that. It's a combination of PW Ghost and Marshian's hologram shaders. I think I applied the hologram first, then the ghostshader to get access to the ghost opacity while keeping the hologram maps. I then plugged the hologram bump- or specularmap into the ambience strength slot and set limits off, strength to maybe 300%, not at my DAZ machine right now but I saved it out as a shader preset so can check it out later. Then fiddled with the ghostshader's rim parameters. Not rocket science really but it works quite well with the RR3 reflective light, as the high ambient strength setting make them emit light without actually turning them into emmissives. Well something along these lines anyway;)

edited December 2017

More shadermixer stuff:-) I managed to create a caustic camera, shader light and a working mirror shader so I'm pretty excited. I wasn't sure it was possible in 3DL so had to find out, really opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. Testrender:

CAUSTIC TEST 1.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited December 2017

Found this in fast grab the other day, nice set packed with props. https://www.daz3d.com/kelly-lodge

Quiet afternoon:

The Reading Dude1.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
    edited December 2017

Testing some custom shaders:

SPACE BUBBLES.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

I really like that lodge. I got it too just have not done anything with it yet. :)

Nice shader work. I like how one can see the rock underneath through them.

Liana said:

I really like that lodge. I got it too just have not done anything with it yet. :)

Nice shader work. I like how one can see the rock underneath through them.

TY Liana!

edited December 2017

I'm having fun with shadermixer:-)

Last Man in Cyberspace pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.