Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Not really happy with the lighting here, too many light sources casting shadows, need to figure out which ones to turn off, leave on ans adjusty light strenght and shadow softness, etc, so consider this a WIP , but I was fooling around with G2 and morphs, and was pleased with the results so far

popeye_test.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 1M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    hacsart said:

Not really happy with the lighting here, too many light sources casting shadows, need to figure out which ones to turn off, leave on ans adjusty light strenght and shadow softness, etc, so consider this a WIP , but I was fooling around with G2 and morphs, and was pleased with the results so far

Yes agreed on the shadows but that's a very nice character!!! Are those custom morphs? Love his nose shape, brilliant!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

No, just using the g2m morphs from various vendors...

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916
    hacsart said:

I usually decide on one main light source and looking at the background that needs to come from the right side a bit front. For that one I keep the shadows on the hard side (2% softness) all other lights in a bright day like that I would keep the shadows a 100 % but as well do 100% softness.  If it was a diffulse light I dial the shadows down.

Love the morphs you mde there, so well done :D

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    hacsart said:

Popeye and Olive! That is great! I can relate to the light dilemma. I seem to have a hard time finding decent backgrounds or skies to go with some stuff. Anyone have some suggestions or favs?

edited November 2017

Genesis 1 with some dialed in morphs and a G2F freebie dress rendered with RR3:

At The Castleyard1.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    At The Castleyard2.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Wow Sven she is beautiful!!!

May I ask what is the Hair she has on?

Did you get that at Daz?

Lovely render Sven.

Did you get that at Daz?

Thank you Saphire, it is aisha-moon-hair-m4

It was on 80% discount, still is I think, so it went straight into my cart:) It works for both men and women, think I have to create a samurai next;)

Liana said:

Lovely render Sven.

Thanks Liana:)

Liana said:

Lovely render Sven.

Thanks Liana:)

You're welcome. :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

20+ years ago I made a campaign setting called Balt where the major races were humans, centaurs, runners (velociraptors, sort of), otterfolk, and dragons. Been tinkering with it ever since.

In a bid to avoid doing my real work (hopefully going to have a new product ready to be submitted in a week or so!), decided to tinker around with earlier attempts at otterfolk. A lot of wrangling with LAMH, which is SO CRASHY.

Otter on the docks.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 642K
    Otter on the docks closeup.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 467K
    Oso3D said:

20+ years ago I made a campaign setting called Balt where the major races were humans, centaurs, runners (velociraptors, sort of), otterfolk, and dragons. Been tinkering with it ever since.

In a bid to avoid doing my real work (hopefully going to have a new product ready to be submitted in a week or so!), decided to tinker around with earlier attempts at otterfolk. A lot of wrangling with LAMH, which is SO CRASHY.

Nice looking fur! What kind of rendering times are we talking about here? Btw good so see you around again, I've missed your renders of out of this world stuff XD. Keep them coming!

• Just cooked up this after 3 hours.

DarkstormfullSM.png
    800 x 450 - 614K

Maybe 15, 20 mins, using reflective Radiance? I was pleasantly surprised, really 

Granted, trying to use LAMH means a crash every 10 mins, but there's really no other option.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Did you get that at Daz?

Thank you Saphire, it is aisha-moon-hair-m4

It was on 80% discount, still is I think, so it went straight into my cart:) It works for both men and women, think I have to create a samurai next;)

Thanks for the link to that great looking hair Sven!!

Oso3D said:

Great job on your otter folk Will!!

Just cooked up this after 3 hours.

Wow stunning render @ajb2k3_b3c1506f1c

Oso3D said:

Granted, trying to use LAMH means a crash every 10 mins, but there's really no other option.

I find the same thing when trying to use LAMH Crashes a lot on me when trying to set it up on just my kittehs!!!

• Just cooked up this after 3 hours.

Wow stunning render @ajb2k3_b3c1506f1c

THanks but that was only a test.
    This is a tiny test after more work but still learning daz!

small dragon render.jpg
    437 x 429 - 69K

I have not even tried Lamh yet a bit nervous everything will blow up on me.

That is a really good render @ajb2k3_b3c1506f1c

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Rendered in Daz Studio with 3dl, edited in Adobe Premiere for HD

Ivy said:

Hi Ivy, I watched it already but it's so nice you have to see it twice, lol. Good workyes and the soundtrack is just right!

Ivy said:

That was a great little video. :)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thanks for watching guys. it so much work to make these daz animations i like to show them off when i can.

here is one i did in 3dl for Halloween  you may have seen as well. But still fun to watch. :

Pretty cool animations Ivy.

edited November 2017

Testing some interior lightning using the RR3:

Valdemar RR3pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

The window lighting is pretty cool. I need to do the same I think. Play with lighting to see how it all works properly.

edited November 2017
    Liana said:

The window lighting is pretty cool. I need to do the same I think. Play with lighting to see how it all works properly.

Thanks! I used an area light plane for the window diffuse, still have a lot to learn about the RR3 emissives, it seems like you have to crank up the reflective light real high to get them to work properly, which makes the skin glow red like to much SSS. Haven't solved that problem yet so I rely on using the area light shader for the emissive surfaces, and of course render times are skyrocketing lol. Have to keep experimenting...

Lighting is difficult and so is getting surfaces to look right. Like you said keep experimenting.....:)

edited November 2017

Backyard babe:) AoA lights:

AT THE FIREPLACE.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.