Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kid said:
    Liana said:

@ Sven Dullah Sometimes i just get frustrated too. lol

I was wondering and had  a question. When rendering in 3Delight how important is it to have an enviroment sphere to help out the scene? I noticed the ubershader light presets have a sphere, which does make it hard to fit a background in on a nature prop scene with out all kinds of problems. I have some scenes I am working on and the missing background is quit annoying. I could do a postwork background, but was trying to do a lot of work in Daz.

Well if you use the UE2 light for ambient, just plop your environment image into the occlusion color slot, adjust intensity and use a background of your choice. No need to use

the environment sphere!

Edited to add:

If you prefer to use the Uberarea light with the environment sphere, go to the surface pane, activate fantom!

That makes the sphere invisible but it still emits light!

...the one issue with UE is it can damatically slow down the rendering process to where it takes as long as rendering in Iray CPU mode.

Yes I acually never used the UE bouncelight (appart from some testrenders, one on my poor laptop that took a week, looked like crap and my wife couldn´t log in to FB lol),

luckily we have the AoA lights which I love, and there´s always the possibility to turn off ambient occlusion for transmapped hair and plants with the ubersurface.

Aaaand... Reflective Radiance, now that I have worked with the reflective light for some time I really really like it!

I find the Uber area light to be painfully slow too, since you have to use a pretty high number of shadowsamples to get a grainfree render.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2017

The Haunted House, first interior render,the attic:(WIP)

Made using RR3, render time about 2h

Reflections in Red.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Liana said:

@ Sven Dullah Sometimes i just get frustrated too. lol

I was wondering and had  a question. When rendering in 3Delight how important is it to have an enviroment sphere to help out the scene? I noticed the ubershader light presets have a sphere, which does make it hard to fit a background in on a nature prop scene with out all kinds of problems. I have some scenes I am working on and the missing background is quit annoying. I could do a postwork background, but was trying to do a lot of work in Daz.

The UberEnvironment sphere should be invisible in renders. You can delete it altogether, it's not required at all. It's a specially mapped and turned sphere that was to show you how the UE orients your HDR map... but it doesn't do it any precisely. So it's not necessary.

But if you use refractive objects or raytraced reflections, you do need a skydome, or you will get black (or sometimes, when it's DS Default, white) "outer space" showing where there is no geometry.

A skydome can be made out of a primitive sphere that has had normals inverted. If you use UberSurface on it, you can exclude it from occlusion (UE light) but keep it raytrace-able for reflections and refractions.

Here's a simple scene file with an example makeshift skydome using that default DS/Iray HDR and two refractive tori (DS Default and UberSurface)... there are no lights in the scene =) just the HDR in the ambient slot of the sphere.

withskydome.png
    800 x 600 - 533K
    duf
    duf
    Refractive_Torus_in_a_Skysphere.duf
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited September 2017

Thanks everyone for talking about/answering my question.

Cool Mustakettu85 I will take a closer look later today. Edit/Add: That does explain a few more things and makes sense. Thanks!

I am hoping the sun comes out like they are saying. I have things I need to work on outside. :)

Post edited by Liana on
    edited September 2017

Reflections in Red:

Reflections in Red 2 pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited September 2017

Some more experimenting with the Reflective Radiance:

STRATOS RR3pp.png
    1800 x 1440 - 5M
  • Reflections in Red:

So she's trapped inside the mirror?

• Liana said:

Thanks everyone for talking about/answering my question.

Cool Mustakettu85 I will take a closer look later today. Edit/Add: That does explain a few more things and makes sense. Thanks!

You're welcome, glad this little example was useful =)

• Reflections in Red:

So she's trapped inside the mirror?

So it seems, poor girl!

I´m just learning to utilize the ubersurface shader, and the lightning aspect became pretty challenging:)

Also I would have liked to flatten her fingertips but you can´t have it all can you...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...DFormers.  Yeah a bit of work as you need on on each fingertip

edited September 2017
    kyoto kid said:

...DFormers.  Yeah a bit of work as you need on on each fingertip

I thought about that for a brief moment, then decided to move on:) The thing is she can´t actually touch the surface of the mirror as it creates "holes"

in the mesh so it´s a bit tricky. Oh well... it was fun, almost pulled it off lol!

edited September 2017

An extraterrestrial beach scene:)

To the Blipper for a Dip pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
    edited September 2017

To the Blipper for a Dip 2pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    To the Blipper for a Dip 3pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited September 2017

A couple of stillrenders from a musicvideo/shortmovie I´ve been working on for some time, it´s an attemt to picture an existing band which I happen

to be in (that´s me at the organ lol). I tried to go for a "realistic" look, which is why I haven´t been able to finish it yet as the rendering process occupies my

work computer. All animation is pretty much done by now so hopefully I get the time to finish it in the near futurefrown

I need a render farm!

The Soundcheck frontcam.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited September 2017

The Soundcheck sidecam.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

Nice renders. :) I need to finish up a few I have started here lately.

• Liana said:

Nice renders. :) I need to finish up a few I have started here lately.

TY so much! And yeah,totally have the same dilemma;-)

edited September 2017

...reminds me of an old robotic homage of a certian famous 1950s televison show skit I did years ago.

nebula trio.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 294K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

@kyoto kid    That one is pretty cool. :)

edited September 2017

10 seconds to impactsurprise

I used the AoA distant+ambient being a bit impatient, rendertime 28 min

Tsunami AoA pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • kyoto kid said:

...reminds me of an old robotic homage of a certian famous 1950s televison show skit I did years ago.

Haha amazing that we used almost the same colored spots, nice one!

edited September 2017

3 seconds to impactsurprise

The Tsunami AoA 2pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M

The water is quit interesting. :)

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,145

I'm happy and quite surprised with how this one turned out.

It is post-worked and I did two renders, one with the entire set and the other with the two chartacters and some of the pillars, hence the differences in the stone textures.

• I'm happy and quite surprised with how this one turned out.

It is post-worked and I did two renders, one with the entire set and the other with the two chartacters and some of the pillars, hence the differences in the stone textures.

yes Good to see I'm not the only one here still using Genesis 1:) We are an endangered species lol!

edited September 2017
    kyoto kid said:

Haha amazing that we used almost the same colored spots, nice one!

...thank youi.  It was a homage to the old Ernie Kovcacs Niarobi Trio skit.

I remember watching his show when back in the day.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • yes Good to see I'm not the only one here still using Genesis 1:) We are an endangered species lol!

Genesis 1 FTW. The most cost-effective and versatile figure ever.

• A couple of stillrenders from a musicvideo/shortmovie I´ve been working on for some time, it´s an attemt to picture an existing band which I happen

to be in (that´s me at the organ lol). I tried to go for a "realistic" look, which is why I haven´t been able to finish it yet as the rendering process occupies my

work computer. All animation is pretty much done by now so hopefully I get the time to finish it in the near futurefrown

I need a render farm!

A female singer, interesting =)

Just how much time did the animation process alone take? I imagine it must've been rather tedious, fingering and all...

• A couple of stillrenders from a musicvideo/shortmovie I´ve been working on for some time, it´s an attemt to picture an existing band which I happen

I need a render farm!

A female singer, interesting =)

Just how much time did the animation process alone take? I imagine it must've been rather tedious, fingering and all...

Yeah trust me. she sings like an angel:)

I gave up many times along the way haha, running into all kinds of trouble, for example the organ is not fully rigged, only the white keys are posable,

luckily the song is in f minor so using a lot of whites. And I tried to make some morphs for the guitar/bass strings with little success so had to give up on that.

The animation part took about 6 months, working when I had the time. Still some things to do though. A lot of copying/moving keyframes in Keymate/Graphmate, then rendering

tests in OpenGL, then back to keymate.

The characters are dialed in Genesis 1, took about a month to finish them using only reference photos and live video footage.

edited October 2017

Just some renders I have been working for various reasons. :)

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/0b/e6416eabbc15106089dd70eef4964c.png

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c8/fdad380ee4d9bdbe01aacec1cea710.png

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a7/bb49776e64979958f3de72eb8d9765.png

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/86/491d4330ec9b44385e0a78aa7f79a2.png

Autumn_Friends2a.png
    971 x 776 - 1M
    Country_Girl_Halloween.png
    518 x 839 - 617K
    Precious_Antics.png
    971 x 776 - 1M
    Country_Girl.png
    518 x 839 - 623K
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.