Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Nope...it is valid for the same reasons it's valid in Iray or any other renderer.  If you are using it for lighting...in any fashion, use the proper format or don't bother.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2017

Going for some "pseudorealism"... good old M4, RR3 and some mild postprocessing:

Brett backyard pp.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited September 2017

A new character I made for Genesis 1:

Hravnin closeup PP3.png
    1800 x 1350 - 3M
  • Impressive! I've never really managed to get a credible looking male, certainly not in a close-up.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

..wow, again, that rivals what I see coming from Iray.  So what is your "secret" may I ask?

• kyoto kid said:

..wow, again, that rivals what I see coming from Iray.  So what is your "secret" may I ask?

Lol no secrets, long live Genesis 1 and M4/V4 skins!cheeky!

And of course 3delight, and the way displacement works with it. Also all you fine people who have shared both stunning renders and

invaluable information! Just have to put all pieces together haha!

I was really sad when Iray was introduced when I realized Mac users were to become sidestepped (sort of), so I decided to

stick with what I have and try to make the best of it. Don´t get me wrong, Iray is pretty impressive, it´s just that rebel inside me

wanting to do it the hard way. I thinkfrownlaugh

edited September 2017

Ok it´s time for some romance!

At the Courtyard pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited September 2017

At the Courtyard2pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 2M
    kyoto kid said:

And of course 3delight, and the way displacement works with it. Also all you fine people who have shared both stunning renders and

I was really sad when Iray was introduced when I realized Mac users were to become sidestepped (sort of), so I decided to

stick with what I have and try to make the best of it. Don´t get me wrong, Iray is pretty impressive, it´s just that rebel inside me

..yeah Apple sort of hosed Iray it when they dropped Nvida for AMD.

edited September 2017

Here´s a little testrender using the AoA ambient light and marshians above-the-fog-for-iray-and-3delight:

Dawn AoA.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited September 2017

Finished my underwater scene:

Shallow waters pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M

..both of those are stunning. 

Above the Fog for 3DL tends ot look more believable than the Iray version.

I like the finished underwater scene.

• kyoto kid said:

..both of those are stunning. 

Above the Fog for 3DL tends ot look more believable than the Iray version.

I like the finished underwater scene.

TY kyoto!

edited September 2017

Playing with the /haunted-house, picked it up today. Looked terrible out of the box which was no surprise.

Here is a WIP of it with shaders applied and using RR3:

At the Haunted House RR3 pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited September 2017

And a postprocessed version:

At the Haunted House RR3 pp2.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • Looking at your Haunted House render reminds me to get started on my Halloween renders!!!

I really like your render of it Sven!!

• Looking at your Haunted House render reminds me to get started on my Halloween renders!!!

I really like your render of it Sven!!

Thank you so much Saphire, much appreciated!

Right, I´d like to do some spooky interior renders so next thing to do is fix up the inside as it looks really out of date with the mats included.

The mesh seems to be ok though so with a little shaderwork I think it will be really nice, lot of space to investigatesmiley

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited September 2017

I have been trying to catch-up with my saved threads Since I have been busy all summer. I have not done any renders until lately. There is always winter to work on stuff for me. The rest of the year I am too busy with work here on the farm. :)

@ Sven Dullah Wow! Amazing renders and perserverance to stick with 3Delight. I do find V4 and M4 skins to be some of the best quality wise.

I like everyone's renders on this thread. There is amazing talent here and so many that share tips and such. :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • Liana said:

I have been trying to catch-up with my saved threads Since I have been busy all summer. I have not done any renders until lately. There is always winter to work on stuff for me. The rest of the year I am too busy with work here on the farm. :)

@ Sven Dullah Wow! Amazing renders and perserverance to stick with 3Delight. I do find V4 and M4 skins to be some of the best quality wise.

I like everyone's renders on this thread. There is amazing talent here and so many that share tips and such. :)

Good to see you back and TY so much! I agree about the V4 and M4 skins, there are some amazing ones around!

I´ve been around here for a long time but just recently posted my first renders, as I felt I was not ready until now.

Well you have to stick your neck out sooner or later, right!

• A new character I made for Genesis 1:

Really well done!

kyoto kid said:

Some of my favorite skins are still some M4 skins that I have.  :)

Finished my underwater scene:

I love this underwater scene.  Very nice indeed!  :)

Good to see you back and TY so much! I agree about the V4 and M4 skins, there are some amazing ones around!

I´ve been around here for a long time but just recently posted my first renders, as I felt I was not ready until now.

Well you have to stick your neck out sooner or later, right!

Thanks :) I stuck my neck out sooner, but it is ok. I guess as long as one enjoys it and has fun making stuff while trying to learn that is what is most important.

• @Knittingmommy Thank you so much! I still use Genesis1 for pretty much everything that needs a human(oid) character, and M4 too.

I´m not making a living out of this anyway (been in the music business for over 30 years) so I don´t have to own the latest of the latest:)

You know it´s so nice after a long day working with loud music to shut down the audio gear and take in the sound of silence, open DS

and just..disappearwink

• Liana said:

Thanks :) I stuck my neck out sooner, but it is ok. I guess as long as one enjoys it and has fun making stuff while trying to learn that is what is most important.

Agreed! Just love a good challenge too, and trying to transform your vision into pixels sure is a great one;-)

edited September 2017

Postprocessed:

THE SINGULARITY.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    THE SINGULARITY pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
  • Sven Dullah, the underwater scene and the "singularity" are awesome!

PS I don't comment much on renders with humanoids because they're so "ubiquitous" in the scene =) Seeing "different" subjects makes me happy and so I comment.

edited September 2017

Sven Dullah, the underwater scene and the "singularity" are awesome!

PS I don't comment much on renders with humanoids because they're so "ubiquitous" in the scene =) Seeing "different" subjects makes me happy and so I comment.

Thanks Mustakettu, and I know what you mean. Making different subjects makes me happy;-)

@ Sven Dullah Sometimes i just get frustrated too. lol

I was wondering and had  a question. When rendering in 3Delight how important is it to have an enviroment sphere to help out the scene? I noticed the ubershader light presets have a sphere, which does make it hard to fit a background in on a nature prop scene with out all kinds of problems. I have some scenes I am working on and the missing background is quit annoying. I could do a postwork background, but was trying to do a lot of work in Daz.

edited September 2017
    Liana said:

I was wondering and had  a question. When rendering in 3Delight how important is it to have an enviroment sphere to help out the scene? I noticed the ubershader light presets have a sphere, which does make it hard to fit a background in on a nature prop scene with out all kinds of problems. I have some scenes I am working on and the missing background is quit annoying. I could do a postwork background, but was trying to do a lot of work in Daz.

Well if you use the UE2 light for ambient, just plop your environment image into the occlusion color slot, adjust intensity and use a background of your choice. No need to use

the environment sphere!

Edited to add:

If you prefer to use the Uberarea light with the environment sphere, go to the surface pane, activate fantom!

That makes the sphere invisible but it still emits light!

edited September 2017

M4 character:

Ragnar pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Liana said:

Well if you use the UE2 light for ambient, just plop your environment image into the occlusion color slot, adjust intensity and use a background of your choice. No need to use

the environment sphere!

Edited to add:

If you prefer to use the Uberarea light with the environment sphere, go to the surface pane, activate fantom!

That makes the sphere invisible but it still emits light!

...the one issue with UE is it can damatically slow down the rendering process to where it takes as long as rendering in Iray CPU mode.

This discussion has been closed.