Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916
    edited September 2017

Sven, yuo are really blowing new life into this thread, lovely works, you seem to grasp the 3delight really well, my favorite is the one with the glowing mushrooms. RR is such a neat tool ;)

Nice one there hascart, lots of details in that and great posing.

Here is a new one from me, made for Llola Llanes render a month, with postwork in Gimp 2.8

Entity

Entity.png
    1500 x 844 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • hacsart said:

How's this?

Hey Hacsart! Nice one, the pose is just right, nice expression too!

Good to see I´m not totally taking over this threadblush

• Linwelly said:

Sven, yuo are really blowing new life into this thread, lovely works, you seem to grasp the 3delight really well, my favorite is the one with the glowing mushrooms. RR is such a neat tool ;)

Here is a new one from me, made for Llola Llanes render a month, with postwork in Gimp 2.8

Entity

Wow thank you Linwelly, and yes I agree about RR, slowly getting the hang of it...

Nice render too, love the nose of that woman, classic look!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Here's an experiment with 3d scanned models..

3d_terrain1_scan_test1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 613K
  • hacsart said:

That looks really nice, would love to know more about what you did here.

• Hey Mustakettu, thanks, did not know progressive doesn´t use shading rate. IIRC pixel samples were atleast 10x10. Usually I set them pretty high for stills.

10x10 is a good number.

The RR3 presets consist of a UE2 which gives the soft shadows and occlusion and a reflective light which gives the bounce light effect. So they are separated. Apparently you have to use them both.

Oh wow, that's... retro. Kinda like USLK on steroids, it seems.

and increased the emissive strenght instead. Was not sure about if the emissives require shadowsamples as there is no such thing in the surface tab for the RR3 emissives.

Hmm, if it all works the way I think it does, the "emissives" should be a generic unshaded ("ambient") surface that gets interpreted by the main bounce shader to be, well, "emissive" (since it's not shaded). Does the main RR shader come with its own sampling controls?

It was just a V4 skin on a Genesis 1 with the Daz default shader, nothing fancy, I have used it  with the AoA lights and it has looked good.

DS Default, okay, and what was the "mode" by chance? The "skin" one may sometimes misbehave.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Stuff I'm working on, Planet Xerian (various morphs/textures for the inhabitants).

This is a xhomo male (the smaller/prettier one) and xhomo female with 3dl textures.

(I was reminded by other threads that while SSS sounds awesome, for skin it's often just... not necessary)

Xhomo Figures2 3dl.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 516K

There are a bunch of these 3d scans done by folks and converted to .obj, over at Sketchfab.com, Mots are done from a bunch of photos and use software like Reality Capture fo create the 3d mesh. I import inot Bryce, then correct the orientation for DAz, and e-export.. Add lights, a Skydome and some other pieces, and there you go..

hacsart said:

That looks really nice, would love to know more about what you did here.

• The RR3 presets consist of a UE2 which gives the soft shadows and occlusion and a reflective light which gives the bounce light effect. So they are separated. Apparently you have to use them both.

Oh wow, that's... retro. Kinda like USLK on steroids, it seems

laugh

and increased the emissive strenght instead. Was not sure about if the emissives require shadowsamples as there is no such thing in the surface tab for the RR3 emissives.

Hmm, if it all works the way I think it does, the "emissives" should be a generic unshaded ("ambient") surface that gets interpreted by the main bounce shader to be, well, "emissive" (since it's not shaded). Does the main RR shader come with its own sampling controls?

Nope!

It was just a V4 skin on a Genesis 1 with the Daz default shader, nothing fancy, I have used it  with the AoA lights and it has looked good.

DS Default, okay, and what was the "mode" by chance? The "skin" one may sometimes misbehave.

Yeah it was the skin shader, I usually use that one, I will try change it to plastic!

Thanks Mustakettu!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    Linwelly said:

Entity

...really nice.

Stuff I'm working on, Planet Xerian (various morphs/textures for the inhabitants).

This is a xhomo male (the smaller/prettier one) and xhomo female with 3dl textures.

(I was reminded by other threads that while SSS sounds awesome, for skin it's often just... not necessary)

...yeah I'm probably going to have to do my SF story in 3DL only because  the main race is feline based and needs a fair amount of hair created in LAMH. . Don't even want to entertain the thought of render times in Iray.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,916
    edited September 2017

Wow thank you Linwelly, and yes I agree about RR, slowly getting the hang of it...

Nice render too, love the nose of that woman, classic look!

She is Ceridwen for g3females, and yes she's got a lot of class, one of the few figures I use without changes

Thanks a lot Kyoto Kid!

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

KK: Yeah... I made a point of alien lifeforms that don't have hair. Heh.

Unless LAMH Iray ever gets way more functional, I prefer to stick to 3dl with it. (Though I wish in 3dl the shader 'stuck' because I'm always having to switch the shader to one with Occlusion off option)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2017

Testing RR3 some more:

Added light flare in Gimp.

Thunder River RR3.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited September 2017

Nitro or Kryptonite?

Born to be wild pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 2M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited September 2017

Playing around again with lightings first one Core Lighting sec ond one UE2

Raven .png
    1145 x 1145 - 1M
    Girls Gone Wild 3Delight Candlebox.png
    1500 x 1875 - 4M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited September 2017

Playing around again with lightings first one Core Lighting sec ond one UE2

Hey Saphirewild!

The first one has really nice studio lightning, well done!

The second one is my favorite though, nice backdrop and posing, but I feel the feet are not really planted to the ground.

Maybe consider cropping the pic and leave the feet out?

Is it a backdrop picture or an actual set you used? If it´s a picture you could maybe use a primitive plane as a floor and

use a shadowcaster to have your characters cast shadows onto the picture. There are some tutorials on the subject.

Apart from that I like the feel of it very much!

Oh and maybe some more light coming from the back to make the characters pop out a little more?

• Hey Saphirewild!

The first one has really nice studio lightning, well done!

The second one is my favorite though, nice backdrop and posing, but I feel the feet are not really planted to the ground.

Maybe consider cropping the pic and leave the feet out?

Is it a backdrop picture or an actual set you used? If it´s a picture you could maybe use a primitive plane as a floor and

use a shadowcaster to have your characters cast shadows onto the picture. There are some tutorials on the subject.

Apart from that I like the feel of it very much!

Oh and maybe some more light coming from the back to make the characters pop out a little more?

Nah don´t listen to me lol, the more I look at it the more I like itsmiley

Not sure if I posted this one...

m6_shadow_m4skin_hdri_base_5.jpg
    1050 x 1050 - 259K
    hacsart said:

...nice action shot.  Love the character.

• Same bike as one of the earlier posts above I think :)

Madirac roads and rails.png
    1365 x 1024 - 2M
    edited September 2017
    timeoff said:

Same bike as one of the earlier posts above I think :)

Nice render timeoff, and yeah the bike is so cool isn´t it!

The Biker.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited September 2017
    hacsart said:

Like it, good sense  of motion!

edited September 2017

A summerscene with the secluded-shoreline and AoA distant + ambient lights.

Tweaked some stuff as usual.

FirstBastion makes truly amazing sets!

The Foggy Shore AoA.png
    1800 x 1012 - 4M

Nice one! Reminds me of one of the original Bryce science files from Bryce 3.0.. (attached)

eternal.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 576K
  • Testing RR3 some more:

Added light flare in Gimp.

Lovely waterfall! Where does the mesh come from? Another FirstBastion set?

• Nitro or Kryptonite?

Motion blur heart So few people seem to use it but it adds so much in terms of dynamics!

• Hmm, if it all works the way I think it does, the "emissives" should be a generic unshaded ("ambient") surface that gets interpreted by the main bounce shader to be, well, "emissive" (since it's not shaded). Does the main RR shader come with its own sampling controls?

Nope!

Oh well. I'm looking at the publicly available documentation and it mentions some sort of mysterious quality presets that "can be applied to either UE2 or Reflective Light" (one but not the other??). And then it says "Try turning off the UE2 for more dramatic renders and speeding up render time". I wonder what "dramatic" means in this context =)
    I mean, I'm truly sorry for all the users like you who have to figure this all out, basically like experimenting with a black box. Unless there is a thread somewhere here where Marshian explains exactly how it all works.

I went through the black box phase with the UberSurface family, and I shudder a bit looking back at all the work it involved...

Yeah it was the skin shader, I usually use that one, I will try change it to plastic!

Thanks Mustakettu!

You're welcome! =)

• Lovely waterfall! Where does the mesh come from? Another FirstBastion set?

No, it´s a really old set made by Nerd3D, who´s sadly not in the DAZ store anymore. The man is  ingenious, the falls are posable and can be animated,

you can adapt them to almost any environment.

I believe Nerd3D still sells his stuff on his own site, haven´t checked lately.

• Nitro or Kryptonite?

Motion blur heart So few people seem to use it but it adds so much in terms of dynamics!

Very truesmiley

This discussion has been closed.