Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited November 2017

I like that too. Was that patio one of the freebies here lately?

Post edited by Liana on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Liana said:

I like that too. I was that patio one of the freebies here lately?

Yup, the-backyard

Liana said:

I like that too. I was that patio one of the freebies here lately?

Yup, the-backyard

I got that too. I will haveto try it out. :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Hey I got the back yard too, I think you did an amazing render with it Sven!!

Hey I got the back yard too, I think you did an amazing render with it Sven!!

Oh wow thanks Saphireblush

edited November 2017

Some more RR3 stuff:

Early Morning Hunter RR3.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited November 2017

AoA render:

The Od CampsiteAoA.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M

That's great :)

edited November 2017

I had to try out the patio scene because of Sven. :) I really like this prop/scene. It has the best lights and I learned a lot from it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/65/626c8cd4d8fd1150c4231055f06ea3.png

Night_Reflections.png
    633 x 506 - 455K
    Post edited by Liana on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Fooling around with RR3 emissives..  dry much a test scene 

E52F37B0-B75E-40D4-9494-773066FBEB52.jpeg
    1680 x 1050 - 319K
  • ParrisParris Posts: 392

Hi folks. Here's a render I did in 3delight using the new Image based Light I've developed as a part of IBL Master for Daz Studio. The render took only 10 minutes, 42 seconds using my old AMD FX-8350 CPU. If you would like to know more about this, the post is here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215066/ibl-master-image-based-lighting-control-for-both-renderers-a-new-ibl-for-3delight

IBL Master: Closeup 3Delight render

Thank you all for keeping this great thread alive!

IBLMaster_3DL_Closeup.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 634K
    Liana said:

I had to try out the patio scene because of Sven. :) I really like this prop/scene. It has the best lights and I learned a lot from it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/65/626c8cd4d8fd1150c4231055f06ea3.png

Nice one Liana! And it's a useful set as well!

hacsart said:

Fooling around with RR3 emissives..  dry much a test scene 

Cool! I've done a fair amount of testing the RR3 since I got it, slowly getting the hang of it. Very useful both for dramatic effects and "realistic" lightning. I like to lower the reflective light bounce strength generally though, as I mentioned in an earlier post too high values can do strange things with skins like make them glow and stuff. Maybe it's something I haven't fully grasped yet?

Parris said:

Hi folks. Here's a render I did in 3delight using the new Image based Light I've developed as a part of IBL Master for Daz Studio. The render took only 10 minutes, 42 seconds using my old AMD FX-8350 CPU. If you would like to know more about this, the post is here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/215066/ibl-master-image-based-lighting-control-for-both-renderers-a-new-ibl-for-3delight

IBL Master: Closeup 3Delight render

Thank you all for keeping this great thread alive!

And Thank You so much for supporting 3DL! This was truly amazing news and for once I cannot wait:)

edited November 2017

Here's a WIP: At The Nirvana Chess Cafe. More characters needed, when I have fixed that the game will begin;) They will all be Genesis1 custom morphs.

One more to show off the characters;)

The Nirvana Chess Cafe 1.png
    1800 x 1012 - 2M
    The Nirvana Chess Cafe 2.png
    1800 x 1012 - 2M
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2017

Love the knights, especially the furthest one who appears to be explaining the finer points of equestrianism to the rook. Also the king's bishop examining his fingernails. Stuff like that really brings a scene to life !

A bit of pedantry - don't forget "white on the right"

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Love the knights, especially the furthest one who appears to be explaining the finer points of equestrianism to the rook. Also the king's bishop examining his fingernails. Stuff likethat really brings a scene to life !

Thanks Pete! Had fun putting this together, you inspired me to forget realism for a while with all the crazy stuff you've posted lately, so I owe yousmiley

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2017

This just popped out of my DS3

Studio3.jpg
    1210 x 966 - 490K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2017
    Oso3D said:

20+ years ago I made a campaign setting called Balt where the major races were humans, centaurs, runners (velociraptors, sort of), otterfolk, and dragons. Been tinkering with it ever since.

In a bid to avoid doing my real work (hopefully going to have a new product ready to be submitted in a week or so!), decided to tinker around with earlier attempts at otterfolk. A lot of wrangling with LAMH, which is SO CRASHY.

Now don't be offended because I really like those but they remind me more of sloths. Well the body needs to be a bit bigger in relation to the head, the fur altered a bit, and those climbing claws added but an a sloth. For an otter the neck needs to be longer and basically the whole needs to blend more smoothly into the neck, almost but not quite like that thick neck of the otter tapers into it's head & mouth.

You could always add weasels, ferrets, sloths, seals, walrus, and similarly shaped creatures to your otter morphs 

It's a shame that LAMH buyers don't have a way yet to make LAMH iRay Catalyst Presets.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Nice one Liana! And it's a useful set as well!

Nice renders everyone. Interesting scenes people create. I look forward to the new set of lights. :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Good points. Working on a new model that looks better but lack of webbed hands is annoying me. :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2017
    Oso3D said:

Good points. Working on a new model that looks better but lack of webbed hands is annoying me. :)

Well look forward to seeing your next iteration. For the webbed feet consider creating a set of 4 webbed gloves to fit like clothing rather than morphing the feet digits so extremely. Maybe make the gloves dForce compliant?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

This just popped out of my DS3

Love the rays:) DS3, really? Cool!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Nonesuch: I've thought about it, but frankly clothes are just about as hard to rig as geografts.

edited December 2017

Still WIP, 24 more characters to be created...

At The Nirvana Chess Cafe 3.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • This just popped out of my DS3

Wow you mean I'm not the only one using DS3 at the moment? I couldn't get v4 to work on my Mac G5 so I installed a version from CNet that doesn't require my licence number.

Very nice render you did.

• Still WIP, 24 more characters to be created...

You have been posting some outstanding renders. Very impressive!

You have been posting some outstanding renders. Very impressive!

Thanks Barefoot, much appreciated! Good to see you here, it's been a while:-)

edited December 2017

I browsed my runtime and found these, so couldn't resist making a quickie.

She's a Maneater.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
This discussion has been closed.