Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2018

More IBL Master stuff + some shader work;) Rendertime in progressive mode: 14 minutes

@agent unawares Thank you so much for sharing your HDRIs:) Great stuffsmiley

Paradise Island IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1112 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited January 2018

Beachcam:

Paradise Island 2 IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1112 - 3M
    edited January 2018

blush

Fractal Tropical.png
    1800 x 1013 - 4M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

blush

I don't know what it is, but it looks beautiful =)

blush

I don't know what it is, but it looks beautiful =)

laughNot sure either=)

edited January 2018

Early morning;) IBLM, rendertime 39 min

The Canyon IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited January 2018

50 min.

Grizzlywarning IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am so impressed with your IBLM renders Sven!!!

That last one is so realistic!!!

• The skill i find here is just amazing. As i'm kinda stuck in studio 4.7 i can only render 3Delight. this is my first render with the G3-male.

Not the best render in the world, but i am just happy that it rendered without chrashing (Not that simple to convert everything back to 3-delight)

Lights. UE-2 and a lot of AOA lights (51 of those) Render settings, ehh Cheesy. Render time. 9 min 21 sec.

As it's still a wip scene, any critics are more than welcome.

Have a great day.

Gwenbleith test 1.jpg
    2520 x 1800 - 1013K

I am so impressed with your IBLM renders Sven!!!

That last one is so realistic!!!

Thank you Saph! And Parris for giving us the IBL Mater!

Eggwhite said:

The skill i find here is just amazing. As i'm kinda stuck in studio 4.7 i can only render 3Delight. this is my first render with the G3-male.

Not the best render in the world, but i am just happy that it rendered without chrashing (Not that simple to convert everything back to 3-delight)

Lights. UE-2 and a lot of AOA lights (51 of those) Render settings, ehh Cheesy. Render time. 9 min 21 sec.

As it's still a wip scene, any critics are more than welcome.

Have a great day.

Hi there and good to see you in here! If you converted all mats from IRay I think you did a very good job. Love the blurred reflections on the floor! Is that one AoA spot for every candle lol? Maybe your figure needs some backlight to make him pop a bit more? Pretty fast rendertimes considering the 51 AoA lights:) Did you use the UE2 ambient mode?

• EggwhiteEggwhite Posts: 23
    edited January 2018

Thanks for the comment Sven.

As for the UE2 light I have set it at occlusion with soft shadows. no image map in this scene, and trimmed it down to 17%. so that it doesn't wash out the reflections and stays just under the fireplace brightness. The AoA lights. lol yeah the colum-candles, they all have their own light. on all the other lights i use a three lights setup. so every light source are three lights. one with high samples for characters, one with medium samples for architecture/primitives. And one with low samples for transparency.  That's where the render speed is coming from.

for the entire MICK set i had to make my own specular and bumb maps to make it work. that were a few good hours spend. yeah i kind of forget the backlighting in most renders. Mostly because i suck at that part. lol.  Maybe a good idea to get some practice on that.

Post edited by Eggwhite on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

More great renders! Sometimes I just like seeing what everyone else does. LOL Thanks @Sven Dullah I will keep that in mind. I have made normal maps for some things I have modeled. I am not sure what is better bump/displacement or normal maps. It looks like having all 3 is not a bad idea. :)

Liana said:

More great renders! Sometimes I just like seeing what everyone else does. LOL Thanks @Sven Dullah I will keep that in mind. I have made normal maps for some things I have modeled. I am not sure what is better bump/displacement or normal maps. It looks like having all 3 is not a bad idea. :)

There seems to be a bug with the IBLM shader, it doesn't always help to remove the normal maps unfortunally:( I posted some testrenders in the commercial thread and Parris is aware of the problem, he could reproduce it and said it is being looked into. The black spots/artifacts that appear sometimes seem to be related to at which angle you place the camera, my guess is that it has to do with normals so sometimes removing the normal maps help and if that doesn't help it can be worth trying to change the camera angle a little. Or adjust the camera distance. I've run into trouble a couple of times now and it can be a bit annoying if you have set everything up just the way you want it, and then have to start making compromises;) But all in all it's a great product and let's hope the problem can be solved:)

edited January 2018

No beach is complete without a babesmiley. Testing out some SS settings for the skin, comments would be most welcome. Genesis1, IBLM light:

TROPICAL COVE IBLMpp.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    edited January 2018

I hope the bugs can be sorted out too. I see the difference that can make 3DL better. I am having some issues with lights and backgrounds, which after I sort through all the suggestions/tips I will get back to working on redoing some of my older renders. :)

. The skin looks pretty good. There is something with the face I can not place that looks a bit out of sorts or it could be just me. :) The waterfall looks kind of odd, but I have no idea how to fix that I have not done much except with 'still' water at this point. :) What scene/background are you using?

Edit: I came back to read the thread and see all of my typo and brain errors. lol

Post edited by Liana on
    Liana said:

I hope the bugs can be sorted out too. I cam see the difference can make 3Dl better. I am having some issues with lightsand backgrounds, which after i sort through a ll the suggestions/tips I will get back to workign on redoing some of my older renders. :)

. The skin looks pretty good. There is somethign with the face I can not place that looks a bit out of sorts or it could be just me. :)The waterfall looks kind of odd, but i have no idea how to fix that I have not doen much except with 'still' water at this point. :) What scene/background are you using?

Thanks for the input:) I might have overdone the SS a bit, I'll look into it some more, and the water too. It's no background it's all geometry from an old set no longer in the store. The textures are a bit dated it seems so I might have to do some tweaking in GIMP;)

edited January 2018

New version of the waterfall girl, comments are welcome:)

TROPICAL COVE IBLM 2.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

More IBL Master stuff + some shader work;) Rendertime in progressive mode: 14 minutes

Really like how the rocks beneath the water's surface look in this shot.  Gives it realism.

Really like how the rocks beneath the water's surface look in this shot.  Gives it realism.

Thank you so much FB! Much appreciated!

I like the scene/background even if it is old. My old pal Gimp. The water is probably the biggest issue. I have read that some think water was not very good until Iray, like I would really know. haha  I think the rest is not bad. I was just thinking..what about adjusting the opacity strength slider or even the map. Assuming one can that is.

I kind of liked the more reddish look to the skin. It made her look like she had been out on the beach a bit too long. Now since you changed it. I know what it was about the face. It sort of had that plastic look and the changes you made toned it down a bit. Sometimes I think that is one of the hardest things is to make skin look maybe not real, but not like a plastic doll either. I can do one scene and it works pretty good try another and I just hit hurdle after hurdle. The worst part is most of th time I really don't know the reason why, so I just sit on it for a while. haha

So much to learn and do; so little time. :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 2018

...here's what I was able to do with water in 3DL (even has refraction).

the ol awimmin hole final.png
    1400 x 1050 - 2M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2018
    kyoto kid said:

That water is really good Kyoto with the reflections and all. Great scene too!  :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 2018

...Thanks.  It's an old scene but one which I am very pleased with. The water shader was created by TJohn I primarily fiddled around with the diffuse, opacity, reflective, and refractive settings while looking at photos of contryside ponds and small lakes to get it right. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Liana said:

I like the scene/background even if it is old. My old pal Gimp. The water is probably the biggest issue. I have read that some think water was not very good until Iray, like I would really know. haha  I think the rest is not bad. I was just thinking..what about adjusting the opacity strength slider or even the map. Assuming one can that is.

Yeah I agree about the water, it's better but not the way I want it. Have to try something:)

Liana said:

I kind of liked the more reddish look to the skin. It made her look like she had been out on the beach a bit too long. Now since you changed it. I know what it was about the face. It sort of had that plastic look and the changes you made toned it down a bit. Sometimes I think that is one of the hardest things is to make skin look maybe not real, but not like a plastic doll either. I can do one scene and it works pretty good try another and I just hit hurdle after hurdle. The worst part is most of th time I really don't know the reason why, so I just sit on it for a while. haha

So much to learn and do; so little time. :)

Nah I think it's better now, she had too much of a wax look lol. I'm in the process of adapting some skin presets to IBLM, it's very interesting:)

Thanks for the input, appreciate!

kyoto kid said:

It's really nice, kk! Nice poses and lightning too!

Nah I think it's better now, she had too much of a wax look lol. I'm in the process of adapting some skin presets to IBLM, it's very interesting:)

It is always hard to find a happy medium on stuff. :) I end up going with what I like best in the end since I am not selling it. lol

Liana said:

It is always hard to find a happy medium on stuff. :) I end up going with what I like best in the end since I am not selling it. lol

Yup, same heresmiley!

edited January 2018

Happy campers:) The result of some more skin/light testing:

Campers IBLM.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here is the newest 3Delight render!!

Titled: Voodoo Goddess Shandra

This discussion has been closed.