Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Here is the newest 3Delight render!!

Titled: Voodoo Goddess Shandra

Beatiful!!! Nice contrast with the bright backdrop:) She obviously wants to be taken seriously=)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here is the newest 3Delight render!!

Titled: Voodoo Goddess Shandra

Beatiful!!! Nice contrast with the bright backdrop:) She obviously wants to be taken seriously=)

Thank you Sven yes she does want to be taken seriously and worshiped by the voodoo dolls!!laugh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    kyoto kid said:

...here's what I was able to do with water in 3DL (even has refraction).

It's really nice, kk! Nice poses and lightning too!

..thank you.  This used AOA's lights rather than UE.

Just noticed it is one ot the WIP renders as the plants behind the pool are missing but it still illustrates point about how well water can look in 3DL if you work at it..

edited January 2018

Happy campers:) The result of some more skin/light testing:

...the skin looks good.  

One of the downsides of many outdoor sets (even in Iray), is the grass often looks like it's pressed flat under a sheet of plexiglass.

For 3DL there is a shader that simulates real grass:  it does take a little longer to render but looks pretty good.

https://www.daz3d.com/grass-shader-for-daz-studio ;

There is also this which uses geometry isntead of transmaps but alows for a more natural look

https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grounds-megapack

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

Happy campers:) The result of some more skin/light testing:

...the skin looks good.  

One of the downsides of many outdoor sets (even in Iray), is the grass often looks like it's pressed flat under a sheet of plexiglass.

For 3DL there is a shader that simulates real grass:  it does take a little longer to render but looks pretty good.

https://www.daz3d.com/grass-shader-for-daz-studio ;

There is also this which uses geometry isntead of transmaps but alows for a more natural look

https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grounds-megapack

Thanks kk! Yeah I have them both:) And the grass shader works very well with IBLM.

edited January 2018

Hmm, so I decided to test the AoA SSS shader as I have very little experience of it. So set up a simple scene with IBLM and hit render. So now I now why I never use it lol, it renders forever. This one took nearly 2h, with UberSurface maybe 20 min=) Anyway here it is:

AoA SSS test IBLMpp2.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

..Yeah I turned off SSS on my test scene and it rendered much faster. Going to work with the surface settings instead as SSS is really only necessary for close ups.

edited January 2018

Caustic camera, caustic spotlight and AoA ambient light, Genesis1and M4 withUberSurface SS skins. I can't get IBLM to work with shader lights, or rather the caustic effect won't render:( And it doesn't like UberVolume either. This one rendered in 25 minutes with caustic samples cranked up to 2048, so quite a nice surprise;)

Room 442:

ROOM 442pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

...interesting that IBL and caustics don't play well together.  I like the light reflecting off the mirror on the floor.

kyoto kid said:

...interesting that IBL and caustics don't play well together.  I like the light reflecting off the mirror on the floor.

Yeah a bit disappointing to be honest! You can't have everything can you:) Spent a couple of hours before realizing it won't happen.

..yeah, the AoA ambient light tends to work better on indoor scenes.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Hmm, so I decided to test the AoA SSS shader as I have very little experience of it. So set up a simple scene with IBLM and hit render. So now I now why I never use it lol, it renders forever.

In theory you could open it in shader mixer and yank the image brick connected to opacity... but the way the tech is wired, you will need to either do it to each AoASubsurface material or save out a new preset and religiously only use that, manually copying values from non-fixed AoASubsurface presets you might have lying around.

Hmm, so I decided to test the AoA SSS shader as I have very little experience of it. So set up a simple scene with IBLM and hit render. So now I now why I never use it lol, it renders forever.

In theory you could open it in shader mixer and yank the image brick connected to opacity... but the way the tech is wired, you will need to either do it to each AoASubsurface material or save out a new preset and religiously only use that, manually copying values from non-fixed AoASubsurface presets you might have lying around.

Thanks, I'm aware of the possibility, but after converting a number of DS default skins to UberSurface I feel I'm getting acceptable results that way. I will try that opacity trick at some point, after all the AoA SSS shader have a number of options I'd like to explore. So much to test, so little time lol! When I look at Wowie's awe-shader interface I get coldsweatlaugh. Can only imagine the number of testrenders before getting familiar with every parameter=)

...I've been using SSS from Skin Builder Pro and it appears to work better than AoA SSS. 

edited January 2018

More tropical stuff=) IBLM render

PARADISE BEACHpp.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M

...nice, that water looks inviting.  I also love the old tramp steamer in the distance.

kyoto kid said:

...nice, that water looks inviting.  I also love the old tramp steamer in the distance.

Tks kk! It's -20C outside so nice to escape reality for a whilesmiley

What amazing renders Sven!!!

I really love the tropical render the best such a beautiful escape!!!

What amazing renders Sven!!!

I really love the tropical render the best such a beautiful escape!!!

Thank you so much Saph!!! I wish I could be there nowsmiley

So do I as we have a lot of snow here and it is sooo cold!!!

edited January 2018

Experiment with a self made indoor hdr for IBLM + an area light and a standard distant light. And Genesis1 as usual:)

Inside the Mansion IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Thanks, I'm aware of the possibility, but after converting a number of DS default skins to UberSurface I feel I'm getting acceptable results that way. I will try that opacity trick at some point, after all the AoA SSS shader have a number of options I'd like to explore. So much to test, so little time lol! When I look at Wowie's awe-shader interface I get coldsweatlaugh. Can only imagine the number of testrenders before getting familiar with every parameter=)

If you're using UberSurface, I hope you're finding my giant "treatise" on it and US2 helpful.

I am pretty sure Wowie is going to accompany his aweSurface with a commercial pack of handy presets and no-BS documentation, same as he did for the Lumina series.

..the one with that screen sized surfaces parameters tab?

If you're using UberSurface, I hope you're finding my giant "treatise" on it and US2 helpful.

Oh absolutely! I mean DAZ isn't exactly known for releasing extensive manualslaugh

I am pretty sure Wowie is going to accompany his aweSurface with a commercial pack of handy presets and no-BS documentation, same as he did for the Lumina series.

I actually asked him and he said that will be the case. Makes it a little easier to get started so it too will be most appreciated.

kyoto kid said:

..the one with that screen sized surfaces parameters tab?

Yup that's the oneXD

..excellent.

edited January 2018

Old scene upgraded with IBLM and a little surface tweaking:

PUFFER IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

Here is a render I did yesterday, took about 8 hour to render out.

Not sure as to why it took so long to render, but here it is anyway!

Rendered in 3Delight of course, postworked in GIMP.

Titled: Fun By The Pool

Here is a render I did yesterday, took about 8 hour to render out.

Not sure as to why it took so long to render, but here it is anyway!

Rendered in 3Delight of course, postworked in GIMP.

Titled: Fun By The Pool

Sweet! A lot of transmapped hair in there:)

...did you use UE?

This discussion has been closed.