Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Had to render a close-up before moving on:) Parris mentioned in the IBLM commercial thread that the default render mode is faster than progressive, strangely enough that is not the case on my Imac (8Gb RAM, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB). Progressive is roughly 3 times faster, go figure.

REYES will be faster on simple scenes with no to minimal raytracing. With heavy raytracing, the dedicated raytracer obviously outperforms it.

Yes but that's not the case with IBLM, this render is very simple, only reflective stuff is the necklace and her eyes which also have refraction, that's it. I mean I've tested IBLM with all kinds of stuff like some ground plane and a couple of plants and progressive is much faster even without any reflection/refraction. So I need to dig into the scripting stuff and try to get the filters to work in progressive... you've already given me some advice, just haven't had the time yet;)

The girl looks great throughout, same as clothing. Materials-wise, I mean.

Thank you!

Those wall textures begin to creak in closeups, though... How is that model mapped? Would tiled textures work?

I didn't really focus on them that much, IIRC they were simple DS default materials without displacement, only diffuse and bump maps. Just added the bumpmaps to the displacement channel to get some geometric roughness but yes you're right they could need some more tweaking. I could try some shaders with normal maps, actually have some great stone wall shaders in my library. I think the model was a freebie I picked up around christmas, usual story though, doors won't open etc=)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...ah a bit more work on the developing scene.  Added the "shopping cart lady" in and refined some shaders aa bit  (still can't wait for Wowie's mega shader).

Render time 10 min 18 seconds at 1500 x 1050.

Bus stop with shopper lady.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M

Very nice, kk! You seem to have found some effective render settings at last:) The lady is a nice addition;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited February 2018

Titled: Sad Eyes

Sad Eyes.png
    3000 x 1688 - 7M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • More IBL Master stuff + some shader work;) Rendertime in progressive mode: 14 minutes

@agent unawares Thank you so much for sharing your HDRIs:) Great stuffsmiley

Beachcam:

I totally missed these because the forum software doesn't know how to handle the space in my name. They look amazing.

Very nice, kk! You seem to have found some effective render settings at last:) The lady is a nice addition;)

...she was in the Iray version, though looking at the video schedule monitor. Decided to change her attention to the girls which I feel works much better.

Never could get the glass looking right on the side windows of the bus using the same technique I used for the shelter windows and bus windscreen so I just left them as is.

Titled: Sad Eyes

Poor thing needs a playmate;)

I totally missed these because the forum software doesn't know how to handle the space in my name. They look amazing.

Thank you so much! Having loads of fun with those HDRIs;)

edited February 2018

Here's a kitbashed version of FB:s Walk across the water with IBL Master and HDRI by agent unawares:

WATERHOLE IBLM pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

...looks good.  I like the water.

• I didn't really focus on them that much, IIRC they were simple DS default materials without displacement, only diffuse and bump maps. Just added the bumpmaps to the displacement channel to get some geometric roughness but yes you're right they could need some more tweaking. I could try some shaders with normal maps, actually have some great stone wall shaders in my library. I think the model was a freebie I picked up around christmas, usual story though, doors won't open etc=)

Sadly vanilla DS shaders don't support vector displacement, so normal maps will only give you bump-like results, unfortunately. So if you find some stonewall tiles that have nice enough bump maps, these bumps should work as displacement just fine.

kyoto kid said:

...looks good.  I like the water.

Tks kk!

I didn't really focus on them that much, IIRC they were simple DS default materials without displacement, only diffuse and bump maps. Just added the bumpmaps to the displacement channel to get some geometric roughness but yes you're right they could need some more tweaking. I could try some shaders with normal maps, actually have some great stone wall shaders in my library. I think the model was a freebie I picked up around christmas, usual story though, doors won't open etc=)

Sadly vanilla DS shaders don't support vector displacement, so normal maps will only give you bump-like results, unfortunately. So if you find some stonewall tiles that have nice enough bump maps, these bumps should work as displacement just fine.

I noticed the stonewalls looked much better with the AoA lights, so it seems the IBLM shader still has some issues after the update, sadly.

edited February 2018

I noticed the stonewalls looked much better with the AoA lights, so it seems the IBLM shader still has some issues after the update, sadly.

Made a quick AoA render with the included bumpmaps dropped into the displacement channel: (Rendertime 8 min)

Tower AoA.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
  • Made a quick AoA render with the included bumpmaps dropped into the displacement channel: (Rendertime 8 min)

The lighting's nice =) But this model's vanilla textures don't seem to be capable of surviving contemporary render resolutions. Would be cool to see it with new tiles at last =)

edited February 2018

Made a quick AoA render with the included bumpmaps dropped into the displacement channel: (Rendertime 8 min)

The lighting's nice =) But this model's vanilla textures don't seem to be capable of surviving contemporary render resolutions. Would be cool to see it with new tiles at last =)

Ok, hmm not a very artistic render, played with some stone shaders, needs some tweaking for sure=) AoA lights and progressive mode, rendertime 4 min:

STONE SHADERS AOA.png
    1800 x 1350 - 5M
  • Wow this looks cool =) I think you may increase the tiling on the arches and columns. The relief map on the bricks (stairs etc) seems to be inverted so that mortar sticks out instead of being recessed?

Wow this looks cool =) I think you may increase the tiling on the arches and columns. The relief map on the bricks (stairs etc) seems to be inverted so that mortar sticks out instead of being recessed?

Fair points:) It was a very quick test. To get it to work properly I'll have to create some more mat zones. It's on my "to do" list along with a fairly large number of unfinished projects=)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532
    edited February 2018

Having done a lot of complex renders featuring groups of 4 or 5 characters I thought I would try to simplify things, here is the result. A nautical themed pinup in retro style.

Lantios portrait lights and IBLmaster provided the lighting. Conversion to monochrome by the Gimp.

As an aside: without deliberately trying to I seem to have collected dozens of wooden barrels...

Post edited by nattaruk on
    nattaruk said:

Having done a lot of complex renders featuring groups of 4 or 5 characters I thought I would try to simplify things, here is the result. A nautical themed pinup in retro style.

Lantios portrait lights and IBLmaster provided the lighting. Conversion to monochrome by the Gimp.

As an aside: without deliberately trying to I seem to have collected dozens of wooden barrels...

That's beautiful! Very nice lightning indeed;)

...nice. 

edited March 2018

Picked up https://www.daz3d.com/tyco-station last night, just because doors open and it has a textured interior:) As usual had to tweak pretty much every material (poser mats and lights) and used AoA distant light, ambient light and a spotlight, UE2, and area lights for emissives. Render time in default mode 35 min. Posable fuel hose by Nightshift3D from https://www.daz3d.com/fuel-station

TYCO STATION 2b.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M

...nice.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Good scene. I like the reflection on the side of the vehicle.

Tks kk and nattaruk:)

edited March 2018

Just some random shadermixer stuff, rendertime 30 sec cool:

SPACEWAVES.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Neat effect!

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 301
    edited March 2018

This is actually an older render, I found from my hard drive and had made like two years ago (basically an ancient history in my path with the studio), but for some reason had never uploded anywhere or shown anywhere. I first thought, I hadn't condered it to be good enough, but compared to some others I have publically shown, this one is actually rather good.

onthelake.png
    2120 x 1744 - 4M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on

Some more amazing renders Sven!!!

Eurocoin said:

This is actually an older render, I found from my hard drive and had made like two years ago (basically an ancient history in my path with the studio), but for some reason had never uploded anywhere or shown anywhere. I first thought, I hadn't condered it to be good enough, but compared to some others I have publically shown, this one is actually rather good.

I think this render is great Eurocoin.

I really love the posing in this one!!

This discussion has been closed.