Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Eurocoin said:

This is actually an older render, I found from my hard drive and had made like two years ago (basically an ancient history in my path with the studio), but for some reason had never uploded anywhere or shown anywhere. I first thought, I hadn't condered it to be good enough, but compared to some others I have publically shown, this one is actually rather good.

I'm with Saphirewild on this one:) Great posing! I always find it very hard to make those dark moody renders, well done!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited March 2018

...aww bugger. was planning to do a scene with the new grand piano only to find out it has only Iray materials and about 90 individual surfaces to convert.  We really need an "Uber 3DL" default shader that one can right click on and apply without overwriting the texture details just like the Iray one.

Really so not looking forward to this.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

...aww bugger. was planning to do a scene with the new grand piano only to find out it has only Iray materials and about 90 individual surfaces to convert.  We really need an "Uber 3DL" default shader that one can right click on and apply without overwriting the texture details just like the Iray one.

Really so not looking forward to this.

Yea I believe it's a great model, i'ts in my wishlist until I really need it:) Really, 90 surfaces? Looking forward to seeing the result of your conversion, have you tried that script? I've downloaded it but haven't had to use it yet, not many IRay only items in my runtime LOL. This one might become one of them, when looking at the promos one gets the impression it wouldn't be so hard to convert, but yea I know, 90 surfaces, there you go=) Good luck!

...well got the strings brass fittings and tuning pins and dampers to look good so far. This is going to take a couple nights as I also have to re-import the bump maps (which will be overwritten) as well for components with textures like wood and felt. The plate itself is going to be real fun to get the colour right.  Will most likely have to use actual photo resources.

Been applying 3DL shader resources where I can which gives me all the correct 3DL channels.

Well enough for tonight Will be saving this as a materials preset when complete.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

I was puzzled at the apparent difficulty turning piano to 3dl.

For this I selected all piano surfaces and applied UberSurface, set Reflection to Raytrace, Reflection Strength 7%, Reflection Blur 15%.

3DL Piano.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 239K
    edited March 2018
    Oso3D said:

I was puzzled at the apparent difficulty turning piano to 3dl.

For this I selected all piano surfaces and applied UberSurface, set Reflection to Raytrace, Reflection Strength 7%, Reflection Blur 15%.

Not bad but the reflections are a bit too blurred IMO and I miss some stronger glossy highlights on the lacquer surfaces;)

Dang the model looks good, wishlisted for now.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Eh, taste issue. Easy to make it less blurred and stronger.

..the meticulous conversions I am doing are coming out just about as good as the Iray ones, just taking a lot of time making minor adjustments. 

• eslewiseslewis Posts: 21

I don't have too much rendered in 3DL. But this one is. It is from my project that is mentioned in a couple other threads. I had only rendered Iray up until this point, but the background and the lighting rig were tuned to 3DL so I gave it a shot. It came out pretty good I thought, so I used it. 

TimeHole_H_Entry.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 623K

..indeed, very nice.

edited March 2018
    eslewis said:

I don't have too much rendered in 3DL. But this one is. It is from my project that is mentioned in a couple other threads. I had only rendered Iray up until this point, but the background and the lighting rig were tuned to 3DL so I gave it a shot. It came out pretty good I thought, so I used it. 

I like that:) Looks like you've been doing 3DL all your life;)

Oso3D said:

Eh, taste issue. Easy to make it less blurred and stronger.

Sure it is!

edited March 2018

Half full or half empty, that's the question=)

In the Tavern pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M

...the bottle looks very good.

edited March 2018

..well looks like I'll not be finishing the rework of the Summer in the City scene as once again I accidentally overwrote it with another scene file after working late into the night.  Pretty discouraged as it was really coming along good, but now I have to go back to the original file and start all over again for the third time (and there are a lot of materials I need to adjust with all the elements in it).

I really wish Daz beta versions didn't open up the scene folder menu every time you do an interim save which forces you to click on the title of the scene before saving.  The General Release versions don't, but I am reluctant to install the current general release of 4.10 as it has a few bugs I have been reading about that I don't care to deal with. Other than this, the current beta has been incredibly stable and solid, probably the best of any version of Daz I used since 1.8.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Awww KK that is too bad!!

I know what it is like to overwrite a scene very frusterating to say the least..

...yeah, pretty much put the kibosh on working on anything for the rest of the evening.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

The character didn't come with a 3Delight skin (Iray only), but nothing that can't be fixed with a little help from the Reflective Radiance shaders and a little tweaking.

...this is why I have Skin Builder Pro3 as I can create skins for 3DL  As I understand there will be an update for G8.

mori_mann said:

The character didn't come with a 3Delight skin (Iray only), but nothing that can't be fixed with a little help from the Reflective Radiance shaders and a little tweaking.

Nice one! Oh I did forget that Marshian made a converter included with the RR3, it seems to work quite well, I have to try it on an IRay Only set I got more or less by mistake=)

edited March 2018

Two Stonemason sets combined, AoA lights, rendertime 1h 5min. Upping raytrace depth from 1 to 2 doubles rendertimes:)

Another City Scene AoA pp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M

nice kitbash there. 

kyoto kid said:

nice kitbash there. 

TY kk:) And sorry to hear about your scene:(  At least you are lucky to have the original, maybe it will turn out even better next time around;)

edited March 2018

...may not go back to it for a while after having this happen twice.  I was much further along in converting materials than the first time and made a few minor changes as well. 

Apparently with each beta release you have to specify the file creator ID so it doesn't open up the scene/scene subset folders each time.  Didn't realise that, just thought it was a "feature" of beta releases. Fixed that and now it just saves to the correct file name automatically.

Anyway working on the grand piano conversion right now, turned out the name on the side is it's own material zone (I am becoming more and more impressed with the workmanship on this even that 125$ one at Turbosquid isn't this well made as all the keys, dampers, and the pedals are rigged) so I can convert the outer case material to 3DL with a black Supershine shader.  The wood portions are going to be the toughest as while I do have a set of really nice wood shaders not sure how they'll work on components like the soundboard, ribs, and & such.

After I save the instrument as a material preset, going to work up a scene with Leela3 using the included poses (need to convert her from Iray to 3DL using SBP3).  Also need to find a concert hall HDR.to get the proper reflections in the case.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

@Sven Dullah Very impressive and expressive posing of the chap with the bottle.

nattaruk said:

@Sven Dullah Very impressive and expressive posing of the chap with the bottle.

Tks nattaruk, appreciate:)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Another attempt at simplicity but this time aiming for a grittier street scene. Post processed in the Gimp to mimic the look of Black and White film with grain etc.

Title: WHAT!?

nattaruk said:

Another attempt at simplicity but this time aiming for a grittier street scene. Post processed in the Gimp to mimic the look of Black and White film with grain etc.

Title: WHAT!?

Nice; Love the lightning and contrast!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Sven Dullah said:

Two Stonemason sets combined, AoA lights, rendertime 1h 5min. Upping raytrace depth from 1 to 2 doubles rendertimes:)

You had to do it for the water, right? Wowie's megaforce shader will come with separate per-surface bounce settings. If DAZ had put those few lines of code in back then in 2010, we 'd likely have a different vibe in the community now.
    edited March 2018

Sven Dullah said:

You had to do it for the water, right? Wowie's megaforce shader will come with separate per-surface bounce settings. If DAZ had put those few lines of code in back then in 2010, we 'd likely have a different vibe in the community now.

You're right, refractive water, could have rendered in progressive but wanted to use the pixel filter, still haven't looked into that scripting thing, will have to sooner or later, and yes I find it very odd that the filter option is not availible in progressive mode.

This discussion has been closed.