Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    kyoto kid said:

...nice scene, and yes the ground looks much better in the latter two. 

I like the overall lighting better in the IBLM scene.

Are you using Progressive or Bucket mode?

Tks! That was the "bucket" mode, I tried with progressive, but it didn't fix the artefacts, unfortunately:(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..ow,  Havne't been getting any of those since the fix.

edited April 2018

No problems with this onecool

Southern Nightpp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

...love this one.  Gives me a warm feeling on a chilly rainy day here in Portland.

kyoto kid said:

...love this one.  Gives me a warm feeling on a chilly rainy day here in Portland.

Glad to hear that:) We've had about 30 cm of wet snow the last couple of days, still coming downindecision

..,lots of water from the sky in liquid form here.

edited April 2018

Just a test render of https://www.daz3d.com/sultana, which is in fast grab atm, couldn't resist it. Comes with a nice prop pack, and doors are rigged;) Mats may need some tweaking still...

Sultana AoA.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591

Excellent render, Sven! Was looking at that in fast grab, too.

- Greg

Excellent render, Sven! Was looking at that in fast grab, too.

- Greg

Thank you! Would be nice to see some renders if you do grab it;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

What an amazing ship render Sven!!! 

I just had to go and throw it into my favs awaiting some sweet money fairy to grant my wish of winning it big on the lottery!!!devil

What an amazing ship render Sven!!! 

I just had to go and throw it into my favs awaiting some sweet money fairy to grant my wish of winning it big on the lottery!!!devil

Thank you! Yes I could really use a fairy toocool

edited April 2018

...one more AoA render, render time 15min. Maybe an IBLM attempt next...

Sultana AoA 5.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited April 2018

AoA render

Sultana AoA 6.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

1 distant light and two spots. Just playing around.

Turning it into a JPEG and uploading murdered quality, but it'll have to do :)

edited April 2018

IBLM render

Sultana IBLMpp.png
    1800 x 1012 - 2M

...that's really nice

So what water are you using?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

...one more AoA render, render time 15min. Maybe an IBLM attempt next...

What product did you use for the water plan, just out of curiosity?

edited April 2018

It came with a beach set by Nerd3D, no longer available over here, but on the other store I think. It has really nice ripple morphs;)

I made some additional wave morphs using deformers.

edited April 2018

..was that Waves on the Beach?  I have that.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

AoA render

A truely amazing render Sven I just love your character, he is very strong and handsome "Smirks"!!

mori_mann said:

1 distant light and two spots. Just playing around.

Turning it into a JPEG and uploading murdered quality, but it'll have to do :)

OMG so mysterious so cloak and dagger for sure!!!

Great render @mori_mann !!

IBLM render

May I just make a comment about this render?

It is just that this render would be so much better with some pirates hanging off the side of the ship!!!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Do you have any idea why this is happening? It seems to me it's related to normals/light angle, as changing direction of light and/or removing normal maps sometimes fixes the problem. After the upgrade it's much better, but I'm still having problems, ocasionally.

Have you checked if these models actually have consistent normals? The sad reality of the hobby 3D scene is that even a lot of stuff we pay for comes with various topology issues.

Basically, in DS, go to Edit - Preferences - Interface, and uncheck "Backface lighting". Then all the blatantly inverted normals will show up as black in the viewport. Saves a lot of Wondering Why (TM).

If there's just one poly with an inverted normal on a surface, a lot of stuff will be thrown off around that place.

New edition of the PBR Guide by Wes McDermott of Allegorithmic is up.

Mandatory reading for everyone dabbling in CG, even those who call themselves "just artists" or claim they are "into stylised looks". I'm very sorry, but if you want to be in control of your simulation, you need to know the math model inside.

Find it here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/pbr-guide

And again I'm sorry, but if I pretend not to notice once more, it won't be good for my conscience.

See, folks, time and again renders get posted that are basically a dark subject on a dark background, no contrast, no dynamics. I suspect it might have to do with the fact that the authors of these renders have their monitors preset to factory defaults which are usually horrendously bright, and as a result, all the balance is off.

The best way would be to use something like Spyder calibration devices, but they aren't what you can readily buy from a local smartphone store in every country in the world, and ordering stuff online is not for everyone. So what I use is a free utility. It's for Windows, but I guess it's what the majority runs as well.

https://www.quickgamma.de/indexen.html

It will require you do some work, but the result is worth it.

Hope it helps everyone regain the dynamics in their images.

@Saphirewild

Thank you so much for your comments! Yeah I guess you're right, he looks a bit lonely up there;) Off to do some dial spinning...

kyoto kid said:

Yup that's the one;)

Do you have any idea why this is happening? It seems to me it's related to normals/light angle, as changing direction of light and/or removing normal maps sometimes fixes the problem. After the upgrade it's much better, but I'm still having problems, ocasionally.

Have you checked if these models actually have consistent normals? The sad reality of the hobby 3D scene is that even a lot of stuff we pay for comes with various topology issues.

Basically, in DS, go to Edit - Preferences - Interface, and uncheck "Backface lighting". Then all the blatantly inverted normals will show up as black in the viewport. Saves a lot of Wondering Why (TM).

If there's just one poly with an inverted normal on a surface, a lot of stuff will be thrown off around that place.

Wow thanks for the tip, didn't know about that check button. I assume, if I run into inverted normals, they can be fixed using the geometry tool inside DS?

New edition of the PBR Guide by Wes McDermott of Allegorithmic is up.

Mandatory reading for everyone dabbling in CG, even those who call themselves "just artists" or claim they are "into stylised looks". I'm very sorry, but if you want to be in control of your simulation, you need to know the math model inside.

Find it here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/pbr-guide

Thank you! Very useful and interesting stuff indeed!

kyoto kid said:

Yup that's the one;)

...never thought of using it for an out at sea scene.  Do have Ocean Wide on my wishlist.

This discussion has been closed.