Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...glanced at the PBR stuff and a lot just goes over my head.  This is why I am a customer here at Daz rather than a content creator. I'd rather pay someone (through the purchase of shader content) who already has the expertise and understanding of this than spend a good deal of my time messing around with formulae and getting very little done in the way of actual finished work. This was why I left the Iray Skin thread over a year ago as it had gone way too deep on the technical side to the point of analysing the individual skin layers in an almost clinical manner. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2018

Found this in my runtime, pretty nice model but no interiors, rigged parts or morphs. No material zones for the windows, so couldn't make them reflective, maybe I make a reflection map later... too lazy right now...

AoA render

HMS Victory AoA.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited April 2018

Wow thanks for the tip, didn't know about that check button. I assume, if I run into inverted normals, they can be fixed using the geometry tool inside DS?

You're welcome!

Yeah, it's possible, although it may be tedious. And then there are problem cases like, for example, a no-thickness shirt with a collar and not-that-perfectly-thought-out topology (or a dynamic item). I'm not sure I can explain it in words, so hopefully this quick and ugly sketch helps =) You could invert the red zone on the collar, but run into ambiguous polys along the bend.

text6037.png
    337 x 304 - 25K
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Love the sailing ship renders Sven!

I seem to be in monochrome mode at the moment. 

Title: Starlet and Svengali

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited April 2018

I was bored so I decided to do one of these weird pictures i haven't done in a long while.

Twas done by using the aoa fog camera, it's about the only thing i can get to work that will render in black in white while also screwing around with the contrast and whatever in newer studio.Even then I have to load an older scene with that camera for it to work right. Not that you can really tell but i even managed to finally use the IBL master for d/s. need to try it out more on something with a tad more colour.

Demiurge-Inversion.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 522K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
    nattaruk said:

Love the sailing ship renders Sven!

I seem to be in monochrome mode at the moment. 

Title: Starlet and Svengali

...very nice.  Reminds me of a still from and old B&W film.

DireBunny said:

I was bored so I decided to do one of these weird pictures i haven't done in a long while.

Twas done by using the aoa fog camera, it's about the only thing i can get to work that will render in black in white while also screwing around with the contrast and whatever in newer studio.Even then I have to load an older scene with that camera for it to work right. Not that you can really tell but i even managed to finally use the IBL master for d/s. need to try it out more on something with a tad more colour.

Weird as in subject matter? Because otherwise it's just about perfectly balanced.

edited April 2018

@nattaruk and @DireBunny

Very nice B&W renders there!

I have to try the AoA cameras again to see what was really broken, only recently used the fog cam and the easy volume cam, which seem to work ok.

edited April 2018

...as I recall, ver 4.7 broke the vignette and colour cameras.  There were scripts someone wrote that fixed both but that was a while ago.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 2018
    DireBunny said:

Weird as in subject matter? Because otherwise it's just about perfectly balanced.

Yeah subject matter. I'd call them Quay style instead of just weird but i have no idea if anyone would know what i was talking about lol.there was a time when this was all I'd do untill i started doing the more I guess i would call it generic pictures that tend to do now. lol.

and yeah i think the Vignette are broke but fog works,but i use the fog now anyway for any Black and white renders i need, but nice to know there is a script for the others.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited April 2018

FirstBastion's "Secluded Shoreline" for 3DL offers a lot of possibilities. Here is "Marooned":

EDIT: This render took about 50 minutes, but I originally had Darius 7 (front character) wearing Elliot hair, which dragged the render time to 6 hours before I cancelled the render.

Marooned.png
    1800 x 1112 - 3M
    Post edited by frankrblow on

...wow that's really nice. has good depth to it.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Thanks, Kyoto_kid. That's thanks to FirstBastion's efforts, not mine! smiley

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Wow what a great beach type render love it!!

DireBunny said:
    DireBunny said:

Yeah subject matter. I'd call them Quay style instead of just weird but i have no idea if anyone would know what i was talking about lol.there was a time when this was all I'd do untill i started doing the more I guess i would call it generic pictures that tend to do now. lol.

No I don't know what you mean :) Is that some sort of an art movement?

I'd say this style could work as album art for a goth band.

edited April 2018
    DireBunny said:
    DireBunny said:

No I don't know what you mean :) Is that some sort of an art movement?

I'd say this style could work as album art for a goth band.

At one time i was really inspired these really weird movies from the Quay brothers. probably one of the bigger movies would be Street of crocodiles. The early Tool videos were done in thier style too.(you would almost think they did the videos but they didn't)  heres a link to an excerpt of their work 

Oh and then after i discovered the silent hill games (a long time ago), then the two infulences kinda merged together and i did some very weird stuff for a while but that was useing phtography . It got even weirder once i discovered daz studio lol.

DireBunny said:

At one time i was really inspired these really weird movies from the Quay brothers. probably one of the bigger movies would be Street of crocodiles. The early Tool videos were done in thier style too.(you would almost think they did the videos but they didn't)  heres a link to an excerpt of their work 

Oh and then after i discovered the silent hill games (a long time ago), then the two infulences kinda merged together and i did some very weird stuff for a while but that was useing phtography . It got even weirder once i discovered daz studio lol.

That was an awesome except, thanks for sharing! I'll need to locate more of their work.

Do you have any more of that older "weird" stuff of yours posted anywhere?

edited April 2018
    DireBunny said:

That was an awesome except, thanks for sharing! I'll need to locate more of their work.

No, i never got around to uploading any of those once the old Art studio/art zone/art something or other (can't remember what it was called now) site was shut down and i moved to deviantart.

DireBunny said:
    DireBunny said:

No, i never got around to uploading any of those once the old Art studio/art zone/art something or other (can't remember what it was called now) site was shut down and i moved to deviantart.

That's a pity... was looking forward to seeing some weird stuffdevil.

DireBunny said:
    DireBunny said:

Too bad :(

edited April 2018

...little WIP in development.

(the floating cube is just for copy/paste placement purposes)

city of light fog.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 538K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 2018

...meet the champcool...

THE CHAMPpp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

..wow, impressive.

edited April 2018
    kyoto kid said:

..wow, impressive.

Tks kk!

Close-up...(G1 custom character, area lights, AoA spot and ambient, EZ-cam)

THE CHAMP2pp.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M

Here is me playing with some pillows and of course messing around with the lighting and did some of my own posing.

Rendered in 3Delight and no postwork.

Titled: Loving Linda

...that is really really nice.

kyoto kid said:

...that is really really nice.

Thanks you so much KK!

I worked very hard on that render!!

...that easily compares with a lot of Iray works I see.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited April 2018

OK, I'll play. I don't normally do portraits (yeah, we can never have enough of them), but I was trying to illustrate something elsewhere and kinda got carried away. Anyway, here is a 3Delight render (no post 'cause I spent enough time on it), primarily showing the venerable old Kyoko Hair by Kozaburo. At first I thought that I would make you guys guess, but, nah. That guy knew what he was doing way back when, didn't he? I should have used V1 I suppose, but copped out and used a custom "dial-morphed" V4 character. Don't ask me about settings because I just kept fiddling until I had pretty much tossed the salad and said "thats, it. I'm done". I normally like my pictures to tell a story, but with this one I thought a brief narrative by way of explanation was in order. So, here ya'll go:

Dede1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 564K
    Post edited by SixDs on
    kyoto kid said:

...that easily compares with a lot of Iray works I see.

Wow thanks I had no idea it could compare to Iray!!!

This discussion has been closed.