Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...reminds me of an old Beatles LP cover.

edited January 2018

...OK playing with glass shaders here.

Bus stop HDR glass.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • magicjavamagicjava Posts: 152
    kyoto kid said:

I don't see the resemblance.

...nice.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

@magicjava What an amazing poster type render!!!

• magicjavamagicjava Posts: 152
    edited January 2018
    kyoto kid said:

...nice.

@magicjava What an amazing poster type render!!!

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it, especially when there are so many amazing renders on this thread. It took me forever to do that Sargent Pepper's one.

Post edited by magicjava on
    edited January 2018

...yeah a very complex work indeed.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    magicjava said:
    kyoto kid said:

I don't see the resemblance.

That's so cool:)

kyoto kid said:

...OK playing with glass shaders here.

That bottle looks really nice;)

...thanks, Still waiting for Wowie's "mega shader" (particularly to make tweaks to the skin), however, a little playing around with the Metallised Glass Shader seems to have paid off as the shader itself opens a number of additional surface channels. Nice to be able to finally do away with the"Poser look" for glass, particularly on the bus windscreen and shelter windows. Pretty darn close to the results I got in Iray.

kyoto kid said:

...thanks, Still waiting for Wowie's "mega shader" (particularly to make tweaks to the skin), however, a little playing around with the Metallised Glass Shader seems to have paid off as the shader itself opens a number of additional surface channels. Nice to be able to finally do away with the"Poser look" for glass, particularly on the bus windscreen and shelter windows. Pretty darn close to the results I got in Iray.

Yes definitely an improvement! Exactly what channels are you talking aboutblush, you got me curious:)

edited January 2018

...here is an SS of the settings pane for the shelter windows showing all the additional channels.

glass settings.jpg
    1249 x 999 - 515K
    kyoto kid said:

...here is an SS of the settings pane for the shelter windows showing all the additional channels.

Thanks, very interesting indeed! I figure it's a shader mixer network then, so it can be imported into shadermixer for further customization? Is this in the DAZ store?

edited January 2018

...haven't messed with the Shader Mixer much at all (looks like a spilled bowl of Udon noodles to my dyslexic eyes).

Here's the product link:

https://www.daz3d.com/metalized-glass-shaders-for-daz-studio

Be sure for thin glass (like windows and containers to set the IOR to 1.00 as I did as well as the specular glossiness to 100%.  For solid glass you can leave the IOR set where it is.  For the windows in the shelter and bus I used Crown Glass: Clear (in spite of the label showing as "Carnival Glass" in the SS), and also reduced the specular strength from 300% to 150%.  To add a tint to glass, use the refraction colour.

kyoto kid said:

...haven't messed with the Shader Mixer much at all (looks like a spilled bowl of Udon noodles to my dyslexic eyes).

Here's the product link:

https://www.daz3d.com/metalized-glass-shaders-for-daz-studio

Be sure for thin glass (like windows and containers to set the IOR to 1.00 as I did as well as the specular glossiness to 100%.  For solid glass you can leave the IOR set where it is.  For the windows in the shelter and bus I used Crown Glass: Clear (in spite of the label showing as "Carnival Glass" in the SS), and also reduced the specular strength from 300% to 150%.  To add a tint to glass, use the refraction colour.

Thanks! Hehe it's apparently been on my wishlist for agescool, time to do something about it, looks promising;)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Ran into the one solid thing 3dl does better than Iray -- displacement.

Wanted to do a space station with a texture-based 'city,' but... welp, that wasn't going to happen in Iray. Briefly experimented with placing buildings and meh.

So went over to 3dl...

With some postwork to enhance the look (and also cover up for how bleh the 'buildings' look up close)

Stanford Torus.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 723K
    Oso3D said:

Ran into the one solid thing 3dl does better than Iray -- displacement.

Wanted to do a space station with a texture-based 'city,' but... welp, that wasn't going to happen in Iray. Briefly experimented with placing buildings and meh.

So went over to 3dl...

With some postwork to enhance the look (and also cover up for how bleh the 'buildings' look up close)

Pretty cool stuff! I'm impressed that you got those round shapes to look so smooth. Did you tile the textures? It doesn't look like you did:)

edited January 2018

..doing some more experimentation using the Metallic Glass partial instead of full presets.  A bit better control and not as much "backtracking" needed.  Got the bottle looking just as good as the first time still need to work on the shelter windows a bit more.

The bus is giving me the most trouble, the windscreen looks fine but the side windows appear to be slightly "fogged" almost looking like unconverted Poser shaders.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

They are tiled, actually... although the ‘ground’ is fairly large scale (I think only 2x8).

I used Suburbia filterforge texture, although the texture was a PAIN to generate; I ended up using a 2048x map because 4096 just ... would ... not ... render

Made it seamless and changed scale to 256.

I love filterforge for creating oddball textures as I need.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice job on the stanford torus!

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49
    edited January 2018

Another little IBLM scene. Larger version in gallery The original was 2311x1300 and  rendered in a respectable 14mins. Contains lots of terradome3 stuff converted using Oso3D's (free) WT3 Terrain Base, other iray textures converted with Esemwy's IrayTo3Delight conversion script, a shader mixer atmosphere camera, and lots of wowie's lumina presets for US2. 

Post edited by timeoff on
    timeoff said:

Another little IBLM scene. Larger version in gallery The original was 2311x1300 and  rendered in a respectable 14mins. Contains lots of terradome3 stuff converted using Oso3D's (free) WT3 Terrain Base, other iray textures converted with Esemwy's IrayTo3Delight conversion script, a shader mixer atmosphere camera, and lots of wowie's lumina presets for US2. 

Very nice! Yea rendertimes are amazing especially if you're used to rendering with the UE2:) Can't wait to test the updated version of IBLM, Parris support in the commercial thread has been extraordinary!

edited February 2018

Ok testing updated IBLM with UberSurface SS skin, normal maps and an AoA distant light in progressive mode. No artifacts so far, rendered in 15 min.

TOWER GIRL IBLM.png
    1800 x 1350 - 5M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited February 2018

Same pose different angle:

TOWER GIRL2 IBLM.png
    1800 x 1350 - 5M
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Great renders.. The skin turned out great Sven

@Liana Thanks, you made my day:)

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

@Liana Thanks, you made my day:)

You're welcome :)

...indeed.

edited February 2018

Had to render a close-up before moving on:) Parris mentioned in the IBLM commercial thread that the default render mode is faster than progressive, strangely enough that is not the case on my Imac (8Gb RAM, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB). Progressive is roughly 3 times faster, go figure.

TOWER GIRL 3 IBLM.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
  • Had to render a close-up before moving on:) Parris mentioned in the IBLM commercial thread that the default render mode is faster than progressive, strangely enough that is not the case on my Imac (8Gb RAM, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB). Progressive is roughly 3 times faster, go figure.

REYES will be faster on simple scenes with no to minimal raytracing. With heavy raytracing, the dedicated raytracer obviously outperforms it.

The girl looks great throughout, same as clothing. Materials-wise, I mean.

Those wall textures begin to creak in closeups, though... How is that model mapped? Would tiled textures work?

This discussion has been closed.