Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,112
    edited March 4

Totte said:

kd8gxw said:

Totte said:

Can you please provide a screenshot on the login dialog DS shows?
    And, are you using DazConnect installed items? DazConnect Items will AFIAK require logins to the account they were installed under .

I had to reinstall 4.22 again. It isn't a login. When I save I am fine, but when I try to create a new scene I get the below (minus all the smudges of coarse). I get what Daz is going for, but if I want to load another scene I have that option elsewhere. I figured out that I had to be online to get some of Daz to make this screen work and not get an error that I wasn't online. One that was done, all I will get is spinning things. At least I can select the upper left and continue. I know you can customize Daz, so can this screen be removed and be back to what 4.21 did?  I find this big box coming up when I want to just clear the screen annoying.  Thanks

This is the new "New Template", so that's how it is, just click the first New Scene icon. 

it isn't a log-in request, though if you were logged in you would get personalised notifications in those spaces and if not you should get generic notifications (for store content or product announcements usually)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  •  

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

I have found 4.22 starts to slow down and then just quits, so it may have a memory leak somewhere. Uninstalled it and re-instaled same thing happens again even on just one character loaded. Cannot get a log of the event as it just stops working and vanishes from task manager and screen?

When it slows down nothing works so you cannot save or get log during the slowdown either.

Same here after the last update after february 29th. I had no problems with 4.22 and after the update to 4.22.016 I load per example an old scene everything slows down while making changes and then I can't even save the file at the end. DS freezes completely. My System has a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 64 GB RAM, NIVIDA Geforce RTX 4070. Anyone an idea? It's really frustrating. Until last week it worked without any problems.

engelsmami_f75817e204 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

I have found 4.22 starts to slow down and then just quits, so it may have a memory leak somewhere. Uninstalled it and re-instaled same thing happens again even on just one character loaded. Cannot get a log of the event as it just stops working and vanishes from task manager and screen?

When it slows down nothing works so you cannot save or get log during the slowdown either.

Same here after the last update after february 29th. I had no problems with 4.22 and after the update to 4.22.016 I load per example an old scene everything slows down while making changes and then I can't even save the file at the end. DS freezes completely. My System has a AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 64 GB RAM, NIVIDA Geforce RTX 4070. Anyone an idea? It's really frustrating. Until last week it worked without any problems.

The only chnages to 4.22.0.16 over 4.22.0.15 are listed here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_16#4_22_0_16 - a Mac-only tweak and adjustments to shader placement.

• Richard Haseltine said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

The only chnages to 4.22.0.16 over 4.22.0.15 are listed here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_16#4_22_0_16 - a Mac-only tweak and adjustments to shader placement.

I know, I looked at that and either there is this bug now. Before the update I made a simple IRAY render in 10 to 20 minutes depending on quality settings, now it takes a lot longer and every new render slows more down. And in the end I can't even save scenes anymore or close them. It completely freezes. 

Richard Haseltine said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

I know, I looked at that and either there is this bug now. Before the update I made a simple IRAY render in 10 to 20 minutes depending on quality settings, now it takes a lot longer and every new render slows more down. And in the end I can't even save scenes anymore or close them. It completely freezes. 

Are you using a render queue script or plug-in? Another user reproted that they were, which may be suggestive.

• hellmastershellmasters Posts: 17
    edited March 5

I don't use any render queue and still experience the same issue. The error messages came no matter what the program was doing. But usually happens after hours from the studio started. The UI is dead and any activity like clicking on any button will crash the UI completely.

2024-03-05 03:10:28.719 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 14129 iterations after 9289.912 s.
    2024-03-05 03:11:56.685 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: 58.82% of image converged
    2024-03-05 03:11:56.746 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 14263 iterations after 9377.939 s.
    2024-03-05 03:12:45.234 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:46.319 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:47.241 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:48.295 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:49.211 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:50.276 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:51.206 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)
    2024-03-05 03:12:52.235 [ERROR] :: QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed to create a timer (The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects.)

Like in this log.

The studio was started on 0030 and started renderring. But after 3 hours of renderring the error shown up while renderring was not interrupted at all. But I can assume the error message was only generated while the UI was already collapsed. The issue was on the background and could be noticed as the lagging of the UI (like show folder refreshing or menu responding).

BTW, I'm on Win11...

Post edited by hellmasters on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Are you using a render queue script or plug-in? Another user reproted that they were, which may be suggestive.

No nothing like this. I didn't even get a error message or log. It just freezes first partial then completely.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678

Since the latest update if I leave DS for a longer period, I can't save the scene as new ... it looks like the "popup" window doesn't work well. I tried and nothing happened, but after when I clicked on DS, the sound came like if I clicked on a window outside of the current one. But I didn't see the opened window anywhere. Same was with a render ... it went 45 minutes, I wanted to cancel, but the small popup where I had to confirm the cancel didn't show, however I couldn't clik on anything because I hear the sound if I clicdk outside of the confirmation window.... I don't know it is understandable or not :D 
    It happen ome time, mostly when I left idle DS at least 30-40 minutes.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    edited March 5

I've suddenly started having an issue where when Studio has been open for an hour or so both the smart content window and the content library window stops responding, and if I try to save my scene the save dialog comes up, it creates the .tmp file for making the save, but then it just sits there doing nothing (I left it for around 6 hours to see if it was just slow).  On trying to close the program it does the same thing at clearing items in the activity window, and never closes.  It doesn't even make any entries into the Studio program log.  When this occurs the rest of the program works correctly and I can navigate all of the menus, manipulate the scene as normal, etc.  It seems to be tied to the PostgreSQl system as far as I can tell.  I have tried reinstalling Studio, all of my file pathways are correct, I'm not out of space.  And resource use on Studio is very low, so it's not bottoming out the system.  Oh, and the history/minimize buttons in the save progress window respond as normally, so the program itself isn't locked up or dead.  I have reinstalled a couple of times now, including running a registry cleaner after uninstalling.  In my windows application event log I get an error for PostgreSQL with the description of "The operation completed successfully", however it is logged as an error. 

System info:  Version 4.22.0.16, Windows 11, I9-9900k CPU, 64gb RAM, Nvidia 3060RTX and 2070Super, malwarebytes for AV.

*** New behavior:  Now I can't exit the program when the issue starts up, it takes about 5 minutes for the clearing the scene window to open, and then it just sits.  Or at least it sits with no progress for as long as I waited, about 5 minutes after it popped up.  Both activate on click like normal, but nothing ever happens

Post edited by dragotx on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,857

dragotx said:

I'm not out of space.  And resource use on Studio is very low, so it's not bottoming out the system. 

But it may be bottoming out the resources in the OS. There have been posts about running out of 'handles', which suggests there's a 'leak' somewhere. 

PerttiA said:

dragotx said:

I'm not out of space.  And resource use on Studio is very low, so it's not bottoming out the system. 

But it may be bottoming out the resources in the OS. There have been posts about running out of 'handles', which suggests there's a 'leak' somewhere. 

That would probably explain the CMS error I'm getting in the event log, and why it only shows after an hour or two. I'm currently testing out the Beta to see if the issue is in there too

• XanathonXanathon Posts: 86

I am not able to close the latest version on Windows 10/64 without killing it via task manager. It says "Cleaning the scene" and then stops at 99% "deleting objects".

• AlricAlric Posts: 125
    edited March 5

Xanathon said:

I am not able to close the latest version on Windows 10/64 without killing it via task manager. It says "Cleaning the scene" and then stops at 99% "deleting objects".

I had exactly the same problem. Previously it took around 5 minutes to save the scene, then when I went to shut diown it stopped at around the same point. I was doing other stuff so I just ket it sit and after more than an hour it was still at 99% so I killed the process.

I will submit a report.

Post edited by Alric on
  • PennyfarmanPennyfarman Posts: 32

I can't render the large scene anymore since I installed 4.22.0.16 over 4.22.0.15. The 15 was perfect, and the rendering was fast. The 16 killed it. It no longer renders the large scenes. What's the deal? What did Daz do that made it worse? I need to revert back to 15 to continue my project. Where can I find the 15 downloads? I submitted a report but received no response. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,118

Pennyfarman said:

I can't render the large scene anymore since I installed 4.22.0.16 over 4.22.0.15. The 15 was perfect, and the rendering was fast. The 16 killed it. It no longer renders the large scenes. What's the deal? What did Daz do that made it worse? I need to revert back to 15 to continue my project. Where can I find the 15 downloads? I submitted a report but received no response. 

The only differences between 4.22.0.15 and 4.22.0.16 are listed here (bottom of the page)

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_16

dragotx said:

I've suddenly started having an issue where when Studio has been open for an hour or so both the smart content window and the content library window stops responding, and if I try to save my scene the save dialog comes up, it creates the .tmp file for making the save, but then it just sits there doing nothing (I left it for around 6 hours to see if it was just slow).  On trying to close the program it does the same thing at clearing items in the activity window, and never closes.  It doesn't even make any entries into the Studio program log.  When this occurs the rest of the program works correctly and I can navigate all of the menus, manipulate the scene as normal, etc.  It seems to be tied to the PostgreSQl system as far as I can tell.  I have tried reinstalling Studio, all of my file pathways are correct, I'm not out of space.  And resource use on Studio is very low, so it's not bottoming out the system.  Oh, and the history/minimize buttons in the save progress window respond as normally, so the program itself isn't locked up or dead.  I have reinstalled a couple of times now, including running a registry cleaner after uninstalling.  In my windows application event log I get an error for PostgreSQL with the description of "The operation completed successfully", however it is logged as an error. 

System info:  Version 4.22.0.16, Windows 11, I9-9900k CPU, 64gb RAM, Nvidia 3060RTX and 2070Super, malwarebytes for AV.

*** New behavior:  Now I can't exit the program when the issue starts up, it takes about 5 minutes for the clearing the scene window to open, and then it just sits.  Or at least it sits with no progress for as long as I waited, about 5 minutes after it popped up.  Both activate on click like normal, but nothing ever happens

I have installed the current beta through DIM and let it run for several hours and thus far the issue has not come up at all.  On the main release version it would have started at least 3 hours ago

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,416
    edited March 6

Pennyfarman said:

4.22.0.16 merged a couple of incremental versions (4.22.1.57 ~ 64) from Public Build and added OmniSurface Shader... no other special stuff. I've found no issue from both versions on my side up to now. I tested a very large scene just now, nearly 55GB vram consumption, rendered with 3 cards, so far so good.

Could you find any information from the DS log related to the failure of rendering large scenes ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Anrgy KermitAnrgy Kermit Posts: 43

Ok Daz, I can't run Daz Studio more than 15 minutes before this happens. What gives?

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 7.57.13 PM.png
    1993 x 1594 - 416K
  • robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 784

Anrgy Kermit said:

Ok Daz, I can't run Daz Studio more than 15 minutes before this happens. What gives?

@Anrgy Kermit Regarding Daz Studio on Mac OS, based on your sceenshot, it sounds like a memory management issue with Daz Studio. Do you also get this problem after a restart and running DS with no other open apps? How much RAM does your Mac have?

Notes from Apple...

A kern protection failure is a type of crash that occurs when an app accesses memory in an unexpected way. These crashes are often identified by the EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) or EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) exceptions in the crash report. Let’s break it down:

Cause: The app uses memory in an unexpected manner, such as dereferencing a pointer to an invalid memory address, writing to read-only memory, or jumping to an instruction at an invalid address.

Exception Types:
    EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV): Indicates an invalid memory access, often due to dereferencing a null or invalid pointer.

Exception Subtype: The kern_return_t value in the crash report describes the error and the address of the incorrectly accessed memory. For example:

KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE: The OS prevents user apps from accessing certain memory addresses, such as address 0 (a NULL or nil pointer).

For more info:
    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/investigating-memory-access-crashes

• rto3drto3d Posts: 18
    edited March 6

double check with NVIDIA Driver Updates  ... had the same issues ... with Update 551.61 all issues passed -- DAZ3D is running fine and much much faster

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Ok, fresh update that may or may not be relevant.  I installed the Beta yesterday afternoon and left it running over night, and the issue with the Release version still has not appeared.  So whatever is causing this issue is with the release version only

dragotx said:

Ok, fresh update that may or may not be relevant.  I installed the Beta yesterday afternoon and left it running over night, and the issue with the Release version still has not appeared.  So whatever is causing this issue is with the release version only

or a plug-in that is isntalled only into the General Release, not the Beta.

robertswww said:

Anrgy Kermit said:

@Anrgy Kermit Regarding Daz Studio on Mac OS, based on your sceenshot, it sounds like a memory management issue with Daz Studio. Do you also get this problem after a restart and running DS with no other open apps? How much RAM does your Mac have?

Notes from Apple...

A kern protection failure is a type of crash that occurs when an app accesses memory in an unexpected way. These crashes are often identified by the EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) or EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) exceptions in the crash report. Let’s break it down:

Cause: The app uses memory in an unexpected manner, such as dereferencing a pointer to an invalid memory address, writing to read-only memory, or jumping to an instruction at an invalid address.

Exception Types:
    EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV): Indicates an invalid memory access, often due to dereferencing a null or invalid pointer.

Exception Subtype: The kern_return_t value in the crash report describes the error and the address of the incorrectly accessed memory. For example:

KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE: The OS prevents user apps from accessing certain memory addresses, such as address 0 (a NULL or nil pointer).

For more info:
    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/investigating-memory-access-crashes

or, again, a plug-in in the General Release and not in the beta.

dragotx said:

Gentleman, I don't think it was a right way to test. When you're running a program, have you load a scene or just left the viewport empty? 

I just experienced the same issue on both production (4.22.0.16) and public beta (4.22.1.88). I was working on both programs running with different scenes side by side simultaneously. They both ended up frozen completely and I have to kill both processes though task manager.

edited March 6

Richard Haseltine said:

dragotx said:

Hmm, good point.  Would copying the Plugins folder from release to beta work to get all of the same plugins installed in beta to test that?  And incase it matters, here are the versions I've got:  beta is 4.22.1.88, release is 4.22.0.16

Post edited by dragotx on

hellmasters said:

dragotx said:

Gentleman, I don't think it was a right way to test. When you're running a program, have you load a scene or just left the viewport empty? 

I just experienced the same issue on both production (4.22.0.16) and public beta (4.22.1.88). I was working on both programs running with different scenes side by side simultaneously. They both ended up frozen completely and I have to kill both processes though task manager.

I ran my test by loading up a scene in the beta and working with it as normal.  I haven't tested just leaving Studio idle with no scene

dragotx said:

Richard Haseltine said:

dragotx said:

Hmm, good point.  Would copying the Plugins folder from release to beta work to get all of the same plugins installed in beta to test that?  And incase it matters, here are the versions I've got:  beta is 4.22.1.88, release is 4.22.0.16

I wouldn't recommend that - some, such as GoZ and (I think) the Photoshop Bridge may be isntalled in only one channel, others may require additional support settings that would not be copied, and some third-party plug-ins may simply not work in the beta. You would also overwite the working Daz-own brand plug-ins for the beta with the ones from the General Reelase, which would not work, unles you then reisntalled those.

I wouldn't recommend that - some, such as GoZ and (I think) the Photoshop Bridge may be isntalled in only one channel, others may require additional support settings that would not be copied, and some third-party plug-ins may simply not work in the beta. You would also overwite the working Daz-own brand plug-ins for the beta with the ones from the General Reelase, which would not work, unles you then reisntalled those.

Ah, good points.  Let me know if there's anything y'all need me to help test with, I'll leave everything as is for now

dragotx said:

hellmasters said:

dragotx said:

I ran my test by loading up a scene in the beta and working with it as normal.  I haven't tested just leaving Studio idle with no scene

Thank you sir. It just made things much weird than I thought. What I can recall updated together with the main programs (prod & beta) was measure metric...May I ask do you have it?

• DamselDamsel Posts: 377

Nothing is damn rendering on either the public build or the General build. I made the appareantly fatal error of undating Nvidia's driver, and now I'm evidently screwed. This is lovely. I have a Nvidia GEFORCE RTX 3060 and  I'm  on Windows 10_64. One of my monitors appearently died, so I swapped it out for another one, but IRAY won't even give me a view any more, much less render.