Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• areg5 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

After installing 4.22, it was slow down after slow down and then it just halted and closed itself, so I rolled back to 4.21 and now the same User Interface slowdown affects that.

The slowdown affects the library, but I have noticed it is the change from Pose/&Animate that triggers it. 

I can assume it is Heat still being apart of the attachments that is causing this as I have a 4.20 installed on another drive that does not do any of this.

Have re-installed all of the updated Nvidia drivers and the rollbacks too. This is a massive problem so it needs sorting.

When I rolled back, I also found it slow.  Disabling the HEAT plug in fixed it

Yes it was Heat causing the slowdown, got my Daz back now.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,127

As a dll it gets loaded at Studio startup - if you tried uninstalling while Studio was running it was busy and couldn't be deleted. And Studio loads all the plugin dlls even iif they're disabled . . .

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617

I see the Heat plug-in has been updated.  Did that fix the issues with 4.22?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,368

areg5 said:

Initial testing seems to yes.

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617

DoctorJellybean said:

areg5 said:

so, you have it enabled and it is not freezing?

areg5 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

areg5 said:

so, you have it enabled and it is not freezing?

Yes. I let DS run for a few hours, everything was responsive and it didn't crash.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500
    edited March 9

IceCrMn said:

Richard Haseltine said:

IceCrMn said:

I uninstalled the HEAT plugin through DIM but Studio still shows it as installed, just disabled.

DIM shows it as uninstalled.

I'll try just deleteing it and see if that works.

edit: I managed to get DIM to remove after I re-installed then uninstalled it a couple times. heat.DLL is no longer showing in the plugins folder now. I'll do some testing later on to see if that fixed it.

Thanks to all who helped track this down :)

Disabled should have been enough.

I installed it the day it became available.

I didn't like the distribution method for the animations so I shutdown Studio and opened DIM then uninstalled it.

I uninstalled the companion app at this point.

When I started having trouble and looked here I found the posts about the heat plugin and when I checked Studio it showed as installed but disabled.

DIM at this point reported it as uninstalled even though the dll remained in both the release and beta plugins folder

Re-installing it had DIM reporting it as installed.

uninstalling it had DIM reporting it as removed, but the dll remained

I had to cycle thru install - uninstall 2 times to get DIM to actually remove it.

Maybe something with the companion app is causing this?

I don't know, both are off my render machine now and I really don't want to test them any longer.

If you unistall when DS is running ti won't actually remove the file, because Windows locks it (and I guess the same for Mac). Edit: If you then reinstall DIM will see that the .dll file is already there and make a note not to remove it, on the grounds that it was potentially placed by and required for another product. Sorry, the foregoing applies only to products that install like content, not to products that isntall like software (such as plug-ins) so I don't know why the first uninstall with DS closed would have left the .dll behind, assuming DS really was fully closed.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited March 10

meh, now the weight mapping brush stopped working

it is rendering a decent speed now I uninstalled the Heat plugin 

never saw an update 

not bothering with it

another day, my layout all messed up, floating groups of tabs missoing

I am getting tired of this

fortunately I saved one recently

and no, merge menus actually makes it worse

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Ooze3dOoze3d Posts: 10

Hi all.

I'm having extremely long loading times, but I don't have the HEAT plugin installed. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

• luqueskyluquesky Posts: 3

Incredible how you guys manage to make each update the worst each time.

luquesky said:

Incredible how you guys manage to make each update the worst each time.

What issues are you having - without giving details and context this sort of comment is not useful to you, support, or the developers. Have you updated the HEAT plug-in if you have that, the original release seems to have caused problems (with both the update and the older versions).

• PowersoupPowersoup Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I installed 4.22 recently and Daz has slowed down to a crawl. It takes almost 30 minutes just to load an asset. I do not have the HEAT plugin, is there anything I can do? I tried reinstalling Daz, DIM etc, it takes an awfully long time too.

I can'tt hink why DS 4.22.x.x would have that effect - especially if it is hitting DIM too. That might be a database issue, I suppose, but it sounds more like a system issue - have you run a malware scan, and checked the drives for errors (and made back-ups if that isn't a regular thing)?

• hello

I have a Mac with M1. Since the update from DAZ Studio (64 Byte) to M1, my G 8.1 + G 9 turn white after rendering.

I don't speak English and can't find any help for the problem. Pleas can you help

Please post your log, as an attachment, after render - Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,875

Mondlichtengelserina said:

hello

I have a Mac with M1. Since the update from DAZ Studio (64 Byte) to M1, my G 8.1 + G 9 turn white after rendering.

I don't speak English and can't find any help for the problem. Pleas can you help

Are you rendering with Iray or 3Delight?

• edited March 15

Totte said:

hello

Mit Iray

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,875
    edited March 15

Totte said:

hello

Mit Iray

Never had that problem. Is it only the skins, or te rest of the scene too geeting bleeched out? Are you using odld ghostlights? 

• edited March 15

Totte said:

Totte said:

hello

Mit Iray

Never had that problem. Is it only the skins, or te rest of the scene too geeting bleeched out? Are you using odld ghostlights? 

Sorry, i have make a neuws Rende und Picture from my Problems

• edited March 15

Totte said:

Totte said:

hello

Mit Iray

Sorry, i have make a neuws Rende und Picture from my Problems

Nur Skin and Eys. G9 with UBER ist ok. With PBR going not!

All anders ist ok.

• ZombieLoveZombieLove Posts: 31

I wanted to add for the developers and others here that DAZ studio (latest General Release) continues to cause a blue screen: 

PC Specs: 18 cores/36 threads, 128GB RAM, 3090 Graphics Card, Studio loaded on SSD. Windows 10 (up to date, with all required updates installed), I have NEVER had HEAT installed and confirmed it isn't on my Studio now.

Steps tried:

1. Three different NVIDIA drivers: 551.76, 551.61 and 546.17

2. Scanned my PC for viruses (Kaspersky and Windows Defender), drives are clean

3. No other Apps using Iray/Ray tracing open and open while using Daz

Symptoms:

1. Blue screen while in Iray preview mode: Kernel_Check_Violation, Driver_IRQL, Memory Access Violation

2. DAZ is slower depending on the driver used but with ALL drivers DAZ is slower with the latest version

Context: 

1. No other system changes or driver changes/updates

2. DAZ with Iray Preview is the common thread here.... HEAT was never installed (not interested in it) and confirmed it isn't in my Studio now

3. Older versions of the NVIDIA drivers seem to be faster for DAZ but overall DAZ has been noticeably slower since the update.

Next Steps:

1. Revert to an older version of DAZ

2. Before I do that, see if I can get a stack from Windows on the crashes

ZombieLove said:

I wanted to add for the developers and others here that DAZ studio (latest General Release) continues to cause a blue screen: 

PC Specs: 18 cores/36 threads, 128GB RAM, 3090 Graphics Card, Studio loaded on SSD. Windows 10 (up to date, with all required updates installed), I have NEVER had HEAT installed and confirmed it isn't on my Studio now.

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

1. Blue screen while in Iray preview mode: Kernel_Check_Violation, Driver_IRQL, Memory Access Violation

2. DAZ is slower depending on the driver used but with ALL drivers DAZ is slower with the latest version

Context: 

2. DAZ with Iray Preview is the common thread here.... HEAT was never installed (not interested in it) and confirmed it isn't in my Studio now

3. Older versions of the NVIDIA drivers seem to be faster for DAZ but overall DAZ has been noticeably slower since the update.

Next Steps:

Blue screens are generally driver or hardware issues. How are your temperatures? Are the fans spinning sensibly?

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

Context: 

Next Steps:

Blue screens are generally driver or hardware issues. How are your temperatures? Are the fans spinning sensibly?

1. I understand why you'd say that and it is a driver crashing but it only happens when using Daz with Iray Preview. I have eliminated the driver issue by installing other versions of the video driver (see my post) my video card and temps are just fine and work in all other 3d applications I use: Blender, Adobe Substance Paint, Marvelous designer. It also works fine in the video games I play; some involving ray tracing... so the card is getting a regular workout and all metrics are within standard parameters. As I said in my post, I haven't done any other driver updates and everything was fine on the last version. 

While that isn't proof that the latest version of Daz Studio is causing the issue, it can't be ruled out since others were having crashes with the latest release. 

I will be looking at the event log and BSOD files later for whatever I can glean from them. If they prove it is the video driver that caused it, and it happens with multiple drivers, and only when using Daz. Then I think that will then warrent some acknowledgment of the possibile relationship between the latest release and it's implementation of the driver.

I'll report back if I find anything.

ZombieLove said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

Context: 

Next Steps:

1. I understand why you'd say that and it is a driver crashing but it only happens when using Daz with Iray Preview. I have eliminated the driver issue by installing other versions of the video driver (see my post) my video card and temps are just fine and work in all other 3d applications I use: Blender, Adobe Substance Paint, Marvelous designer. It also works fine in the video games I play; some involving ray tracing... so the card is getting a regular workout and all metrics are within standard parameters. As I said in my post, I haven't done any other driver updates and everything was fine on the last version. 

While that isn't proof that the latest version of Daz Studio is causing the issue, it can't be ruled out since others were having crashes with the latest release. 

I will be looking at the event log and BSOD files later for whatever I can glean from them. If they prove it is the video driver that caused it, and it happens with multiple drivers, and only when using Daz. Then I think that will then warrent some acknowledgment of the possibile relationship between the latest release and it's implementation of the driver.

All the errors on event viewer are Nvidia Container related: 

1. 000000f3 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x5357b0=0x0 0x5357b4=0x20 0x5357a8=0xc81eb60 0x5357ac=0x1174

2. 000000f3 Graphics SM Global Exception on (GPC 6, TPC 1, SM 1): Multiple Warp Errors

3. 000000f3 Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 6, TPC 1, SM 1): Out Of Range Address

You get the idea :) 

DAZ logs don't show any errors but warnings... nothing that hasn't been mentioned on this forum before.

Steps taken:

1. Given that there are so many container errors I went ahead and ran DDU Uninstaller to get rid of all NVIDIA drivers and downloaded the latest studio drivers (per the reccomendation on ther forums here). I'll report back if I find anything else worth mentioning.

2. Validated I am not running any overclock on the CPU (not that I have touched that for a LONG while) but worth a check. Also, validated GPU/CPU temps are normal under load in other apps. No crashes or slowness in those apps.

Context:

1. No crashes since earlier today when I was using DAZ iray preview and it happened I first posted here. I haven't been using DAZ since the crash today. If the driver cleanup/fresh install changes anything I will let you know.

2. Event log shows no other driver related errors causing BSOD

ZombieLove said:

ZombieLove said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

Context: 

Next Steps:

1. 000000f3 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x5357b0=0x0 0x5357b4=0x20 0x5357a8=0xc81eb60 0x5357ac=0x1174

2. 000000f3 Graphics SM Global Exception on (GPC 6, TPC 1, SM 1): Multiple Warp Errors

3. 000000f3 Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 6, TPC 1, SM 1): Out Of Range Address

DAZ logs don't show any errors but warnings... nothing that hasn't been mentioned on this forum before.

Steps taken:

1. Given that there are so many container errors I went ahead and ran DDU Uninstaller to get rid of all NVIDIA drivers and downloaded the latest studio drivers (per the reccomendation on ther forums here). I'll report back if I find anything else worth mentioning.

2. Validated I am not running any overclock on the CPU (not that I have touched that for a LONG while) but worth a check. Also, validated GPU/CPU temps are normal under load in other apps. No crashes or slowness in those apps.

Context:

1. No crashes since earlier today when I was using DAZ iray preview and it happened I first posted here. I haven't been using DAZ since the crash today. If the driver cleanup/fresh install changes anything I will let you know.

Have you tried rolling back to the driver version that is the minimum listed (which is presumably the one that nVidia most thoroughly tested with Iray, or thereabouts)?

• Ever since updating to 4.22.016 im getting crashes every 30 mins or so, spectral rendering can get a green tint in certain lighting, and in the render tab, if i want to change the colour of the sliders, the parameter settings are not accessable, as for the heat plugin, well that was one mistake i uninstalled straight away, but this seems to not be the causing the issues, im not back on 4.21 which is far better and stable. silly me thought that upgrading was a good idea... if it aint broke DONT FIX IT.... i have now learned a lesson....

edited March 16

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

ZombieLove said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

Context: 

Next Steps:

Steps taken:

Context:

Have you tried rolling back to the driver version that is the minimum listed (which is presumably the one that nVidia most thoroughly tested with Iray, or thereabouts)?

I figured it out!

First - @Richard Haseltine I wanted to thank you for trying to assist me and for all the patience you show on these forums; I don't usually come here unless I am frustrated and out of ideas laugh. I realize that's a lot of folks, so you I wanted to let you know that your communication with us is greatly appreciated! smiley

Background - Daz has been getting slower and slower for me. With each subsequent release of DAZ Studio I have seen the speed go down. I hadn't seen it with other applications which is why I attributed it to DAZ. This performance degradation, withrespect to DAZ releases, been going on for almost 2 years now. Other apps and games seemed to be fine and I wasn't experiencing any major issues. Hopefully, you'll agree my assumption, while flawed, was understandable. Then came the latest release of DAZ Studio and then the crashing started. My blue screens didn't relate to the HEAT plugin issue but some folks had reported locking up and some crashing. When I confirmed I didn't ever install HEAT or have it installed now I blamed the latest release on the crashes. Again, nothing else has been causing my PC to blue screen, every other app seemed to work normally and stability was fine unless I was using DAZ.

Attempted Fixes - 

• I tried multiple different Drivers from NVIDIA.
    • I checked my memory (mem test)
    • I made sure windows 10 was up to date
    • Review of Windows System and Event Logs
    • Virus scanning

The symptoms persisted: Progressively slower DAZ and eventual blue screen

The Actual Fix - In my review of the Windows System Logs I noticed the NVIDIA driver was crashing, causing the BSOD. Again, at this point I blamed DAZ because it only happened when I used DAZ. I stumbled across a forum that talked about a dedicated uninstaller for NVIDIA by a company called Wagnard. The free tool is reccomended on NVIDIA's website and just to make sure I eliminated all the variables and could prove something was wrong with the latest DAZ release; I ran it. The tool isn't user friendly so make sure to read the guide on it. You can do a lot of damage with it so be warned!!! It completely removes ALL components of the NVIDIA driver install from your system. After I did that and re-installed the latest studio driver from NVIDIA's site, everything is working! Not only that but Studio is REALLY FAST now. I trusted NVIDIA to write a compotent installer that completely removes the old drivers when it does an update but now I know that isn't the case! 

Conclusion - One, don't trust NVIDIA to remove all of their driver artifacts cleanly... they apparently don't know how to do that consistently. If you are experience slowness with DAZ Studio or Crashes, un-related to the HEAT issue, then get the DDU uninstaller from Wagnard and read the manual before proceeding! Two, DAZ studio has been getting a lot of guff from me but hopefully you can see how the evidence I had up until this point led me to the wrong conclusion. Three, not sure how much this helped but also take a look at this setting in Windows: Hardware-accelerated GPU performance. I have no idea and little confidence that it helped improve anything, I changed it at the same time I ran the DDU Driver cleanup tool. I think the issue was squarely on NVIDIA not cleaning up their drivers correctly when you update it but it is worth a look.

Post edited by ZombieLove on

ZombieLove said:

The Actual Fix - In my review of the Windows System Logs I noticed the NVIDIA driver was crashing, causing the BSOD. Again, at this point I blamed DAZ because it only happened when I used DAZ. I stumbled across a forum that talked about a dedicated uninstaller for NVIDIA by a company called Wagnard. The free tool is reccomended on NVIDIA's website and just to make sure I eliminated all the variables and could prove something was wrong with the latest DAZ release; I ran it. The tool isn't user friendly so make sure to read the guide on it. You can do a lot of damage with it so be warned!!! It completely removes ALL components of the NVIDIA driver install from your system. After I did that and re-installed the latest studio driver from NVIDIA's site, everything is working! Not only that but Studio is REALLY FAST now. I trusted NVIDIA to write a compotent installer that completely removes the old drivers when it does an update but now I know that isn't the case! 

Conclusion - One, don't trust NVIDIA to remove all of their driver artifacts cleanly... they apparently don't know how to do that consistently. If you are experience slowness with DAZ Studio or Crashes, un-related to the HEAT issue, then get the DDU uninstaller from Wagnard and read the manual before proceeding! Two, DAZ studio has been getting a lot of guff from me but hopefully you can see how the evidence I had up until this point led me to the wrong conclusion. Three, not sure how much this helped but also take a look at this setting in Windows: Hardware-accelerated GPU performance. I have no idea and little confidence that it helped improve anything, I changed it at the same time I ran the DDU Driver cleanup tool. I think the issue was squarely on NVIDIA not cleaning up their drivers correctly when you update it but it is worth a look.

I use NVCleanstall myself, and haven't encountered any issues.

ZombieLove said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

ZombieLove said:

Richard Haseltine said:

ZombieLove said:

Steps tried:

Symptoms:

Context: 

Next Steps:

Steps taken:

Context:

I figured it out!

First - @Richard Haseltine I wanted to thank you for trying to assist me and for all the patience you show on these forums; I don't usually come here unless I am frustrated and out of ideas laugh. I realize that's a lot of folks, so you I wanted to let you know that your communication with us is greatly appreciated! smiley

Background - Daz has been getting slower and slower for me. With each subsequent release of DAZ Studio I have seen the speed go down. I hadn't seen it with other applications which is why I attributed it to DAZ. This performance degradation, withrespect to DAZ releases, been going on for almost 2 years now. Other apps and games seemed to be fine and I wasn't experiencing any major issues. Hopefully, you'll agree my assumption, while flawed, was understandable. Then came the latest release of DAZ Studio and then the crashing started. My blue screens didn't relate to the HEAT plugin issue but some folks had reported locking up and some crashing. When I confirmed I didn't ever install HEAT or have it installed now I blamed the latest release on the crashes. Again, nothing else has been causing my PC to blue screen, every other app seemed to work normally and stability was fine unless I was using DAZ.

Attempted Fixes - 

• I tried multiple different Drivers from NVIDIA.
    • I checked my memory (mem test)
    • I made sure windows 10 was up to date
    • Review of Windows System and Event Logs
    • Virus scanning

The symptoms persisted: Progressively slower DAZ and eventual blue screen

Thanks for reporting the fix, I have used DDU one or twice in the past but had forgotten about it this time round.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,594

Is it still a bug that toggling visibility of groups does not work properly when working in Iray preview, or is it something specific to my setup?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/533206/iray-preview-and-group-node-visibility

Note: If I make the group not visible, the eye icons for the child nodes in the group change but the child nodes in the group are still visible in Iray preview. If I switch to texture shaded mode, the child nodes are not visible. If I switch back to Iray preview, the child nodes are now not visible.

This seemingly indicates that the visibility of child nodes is not properly updated in VRAM when visibility of a parent group is toggled off when working in Iray preview.

- Greg