Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

1101112131416»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

M<ost of DS is plug-ins, if you have removed the Plug-ins folder then you need to reinstall/reenable to get even the core features back. What was the GPU issue that yiou were trying to fix?

• Richard Haseltine said:

M<ost of DS is plug-ins, if you have removed the Plug-ins folder then you need to reinstall/reenable to get even the core features back. What was the GPU issue that yiou were trying to fix?

I was getting an immediate "fatal error" crash when I tried to start DAZ 4.22, referencing a specific .dll file. I had the same problem with 4.12, and going back to re-read the instructions I got then, I see I failed to follow a step or two this time around, and 4.22 is working better now. Thanks though for your reply.

• esteri64esteri64 Posts: 21

Hi,

It looks like I'm not able to render in .jpg format after updating my much older version to 4.22. All my renders appear in .png, even if not pre-chosen from the "Render" menu window.

Is this a known issue? Would .jpg no longer be an option, or did I (as usual) miss something?

Thanks for your kind answear in advance,

Esteri

esteri64 said:

Hi,

It looks like I'm not able to render in .jpg format after updating my much older version to 4.22. All my renders appear in .png, even if not pre-chosen from the "Render" menu window.

Is this a known issue? Would .jpg no longer be an option, or did I (as usual) miss something?

Thanks for your kind answear in advance,

Esteri

Which operating system are you using?

Hi Richard,

I'm running Windows 10 and have an RTX 4090 with up-to-date drivers.

Long story short: When choosing .jpg, I still get .png images. I'm losing my mind.

Esteri

edited May 22

That is weird. You are looking at the renders, not the thumbnails that are generated if you save to a Render Library (which is the default set-up)?

How about if yiou use File>Save Last Render?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited May 22

esteri64 said:

Hi Richard,

Long story short: When choosing .jpg, I still get .png images. I'm losing my mind.

Esteri

You set .jpg in Render window as the attached screenshot.... but it didn't work ?

SNAG-2024-5-22-005.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,645
    edited May 22

geoduck42_9c16d169b0 said:

I finally broke down and got a copy of 4.22.0.16, and it's missing like half of the program, several of the Tabs just don't exist (Content Library for one) there's no option for creating 3D primitives, and the only Render Engine options are "Multi-pass OpenGL" and "Viewport". Thanks to a long-standing video-card problem, I did have to disable the Plugins directory in order to start the program at all, is that where they all are now? I was using 4.12 before this, and boy, I'm glad I saved off a copy before trying 4.22.

Or is there some better place I should be posting this?

What layout is selected? How did you install it, DIM or Manual? What is the file size? Did you have DS open or just closed it when you installed the new version?

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited May 24

crosswind said:

esteri64 said:

Hi Richard,

Esteri

You set .jpg in Render window as the attached screenshot.... but it didn't work ?

Yes, exactly. I get .png files despite a tousend clicks on the .jpg option.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,214

Hi, all. I'm trying to figure out a render slowness issue which seems to have emerged when I upgraded from 4.21 to 4.22.0.16 earlier this month. The problem is specifically noticeable when rendering an Ultrascenery scene; the problem is the same in the new Ultrascenery 2 which I just installed today. It can finish the render, it's just absurdly slow compared to my beta Daz, which is on 4.22.1.88. For instance, I created a new scene today in the release version which took 8 and half minutes to finish rendering. The same scene in beta Daz rendered in 34 seconds. The two Daz instances are on the same computer.

Windows 10, Geforce RTX 3090, Driver: 31.0.15.5123

I have not found errors in the log.

I attempted to compare likely settings between release and beta, but there are some differences in these versions. 

I've inquired in the Ultrascenery thread but thought I would ask here also to get additional eyes on the question.

At this point, I'm still trying to confirm if anyone else (among the USC regulars) is using 4.22.0.16, so I don't know if the problem is inherent in the version. Are there known driver issues that could lead to 4.22.1.x being happy and 4.22.0.x being a slug? If not, my next concern is plugins; my beta install does not acknowledge most of my plugins (which didn't matter for what I was using it for). I don't have LAMH (known to cause problems in USC) and never installed Heat. Can I uncheck plugins in Help -> About Installed Plugins to test without them? Do I need to restart Daz? Is doing that likely to cause havoc with Daz and my plugins?

Otherwise, seeking any suggestions.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,112
    edited May 30

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Hi, all. I'm trying to figure out a render slowness issue which seems to have emerged when I upgraded from 4.21 to 4.22.0.16 earlier this month. The problem is specifically noticeable when rendering an Ultrascenery scene; the problem is the same in the new Ultrascenery 2 which I just installed today. It can finish the render, it's just absurdly slow compared to my beta Daz, which is on 4.22.1.88. For instance, I created a new scene today in the release version which took 8 and half minutes to finish rendering. The same scene in beta Daz rendered in 34 seconds. The two Daz instances are on the same computer.

I attempted to compare likely settings between release and beta, but there are some differences in these versions. 

I've inquired in the Ultrascenery thread but thought I would ask here also to get additional eyes on the question.

At this point, I'm still trying to confirm if anyone else (among the USC regulars) is using 4.22.0.16, so I don't know if the problem is inherent in the version. Are there known driver issues that could lead to 4.22.1.x being happy and 4.22.0.x being a slug? If not, my next concern is plugins; my beta install does not acknowledge most of my plugins (which didn't matter for what I was using it for). I don't have LAMH (known to cause problems in USC) and never installed Heat. Can I uncheck plugins in Help -> About Installed Plugins to test without them? Do I need to restart Daz? Is doing that likely to cause havoc with Daz and my plugins?

Uncheck all the 3rd party plugins and restart DS. Now enable one by one, with a restart and some testing between each plugin to test.

Edited: You can also use this sample script

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Minimum driver version for 4.22.0.16 is 526.98 and for 4.22.1.88 minimum version is 537.13

If I translate your driver corrextly, it is version 551.23, so it should be new enough for both, but finding the correct drivers to use for something, can sometimes take time - That is why I don't usually update any drivers unless I have a reason to do it (if it works, don't fix it)

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,214
    edited May 30

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Minimum driver version for 4.22.0.16 is 526.98 and for 4.22.1.88 minimum version is 537.13

If I translate your driver corrextly, it is version 551.23, so it should be new enough for both, but finding the correct drivers to use for something, can sometimes take time - That is why I don't usually update any drivers unless I have a reason to do it (if it works, don't fix it)

I had updated drivers in January to accommodate testing Face Transfer 2 in the beta version and had noticed no painful problems in either instance then or until this. It's perplexing. My 4.22.1.x Beta can render the same scene literally 10-20 times faster than my 4.22.0.x release. At least I technically can render USC scenes -  I can create them in my main instance and save them, then open them in beta and render. I'm going to try testing plugins today as noted above. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,645

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

The changlogs always reflect when it requires a new driver

• Hi,

How is 4.22 latest update at this point? I fail to find recent general information on this subject.

I'm still on 4.21 and am quite reluctant to update as I fear getting myself into messy situations all too comon for this program.

Thanks for your feedback

TheCediz_2819042 said:

Hi,

How is 4.22 latest update at this point? I fail to find recent general information on this subject.

I'm still on 4.21 and am quite reluctant to update as I fear getting myself into messy situations all too comon for this program.

Thanks for your feedback

You can install the latest Public Beta alongside your General Release installation, which would give you the best of both worlds.

• I've been plauged with an issue for a while, where DAZ gradually gets slower then shuts down. It's not possible to do a large render, fore daz eventually crashaes within a few hours (5-7 hours). I can fix the issue by doing the render in my beta version, which is totally stable. I'm not allowing my BETA version to update until I'm convinved the problem is fixed.

I'm running 4.22.0.16 PRo Edition (64-bit) 

and 4.22.1.58 Pro Edition public build.

I'm running on

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Driver 32.0.15.5599

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

nerradeelofgnosall said:

I've been plauged with an issue for a while, where DAZ gradually gets slower then shuts down. It's not possible to do a large render, fore daz eventually crashaes within a few hours (5-7 hours). I can fix the issue by doing the render in my beta version, which is totally stable. I'm not allowing my BETA version to update until I'm convinved the problem is fixed.

I'm running on

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

Do you have the HEAT plug-in installed?

• Richard Haseltine said:

nerradeelofgnosall said:

I've been plauged with an issue for a while, where DAZ gradually gets slower then shuts down. It's not possible to do a large render, fore daz eventually crashaes within a few hours (5-7 hours). I can fix the issue by doing the render in my beta version, which is totally stable. I'm not allowing my BETA version to update until I'm convinved the problem is fixed.

I'm running on

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

I thought I'd unistalled it, but when I looked under "installed plugins" I noticed it switched on. I've disabled it. This will be great if it's fixed. I'll post tomorrow it is proven fixed or not.

• nerradeelofgnosall said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nerradeelofgnosall said:

I'm running on

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

I thought I'd unistalled it, but when I looked under "installed plugins" I noticed it switched on. I've disabled it. This will be great if it's fixed. I'll post tomorrow it is proven fixed or not.

Yes! it's fixed.

• nerradeelofgnosall said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nerradeelofgnosall said:

I'm running on

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

Yes! it's fixed.

nerradeelofgnosall said:

nerradeelofgnosall said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nerradeelofgnosall said:

I'm running on

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

Yes! it's fixed.

The HEAT plugin has been updated twice, the last update should have fixed the problems.