Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• protosyntheticprotosynthetic Posts: 120

Same result here. Catapult Heat, all might be well. Give it a shot.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284

dragotx installed and activated HEAT plugin too... which is supposed to be the culprit. I installed it as well a couple of days ago for just taking look at it... but then I uninstalled it within 10 minutes. There's been no issue on my side so far, with 4.22.0.16.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

Ok, I have confirmed for sure that in my case it is the HEAT plugin as well. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,284

HEAT must've been developmed with Daz SDK...which is based on QT as well I suppose. Before having this plugin, I don't think I've ever seen a sort of "QEventDispatcherWin32::registerTimer: Failed..." message in DS log before HEAT jumped in.

So Daz better check and re-test it...

FINALLY! It stinks to just start having fun learning this and have the whole new hobby cut short because of a glitch. I'm far more satisfied at the moment.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

protosynthetic said:

FINALLY! It stinks to just start having fun learning this and have the whole new hobby cut short because of a glitch. I'm far more satisfied at the moment.

Heh, glad I could help, and welcome to the madness!  This is a fun hobby, I've been doing it for aboutoo 6 years now

• hellmastershellmasters Posts: 17

What does HEAT MEAN anyway?

dragotx said:

protosynthetic said:

Heh, glad I could help, and welcome to the madness!  This is a fun hobby, I've been doing it for aboutoo 6 years now

Thanks for having the patience to narrow it down. I don't have Measure Metrics, so when you got that list down to there, I knew where to pounce. I can understand why people would think it was the update, me included, because it and the plug-in were released like one day apart.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,500

Thank you all for the testing, HEAT certainly maks sense as it is using time elements (being an aniamtion tool, and needing to sync regualrly with an external bridge). Fixing may need to wait on its developers, though, if it is like Iray and other connector plug-ins in being delivered as a black box.

• areg5areg5 Posts: 617

In my opinion, Daz should take a lesson from Nvidia, and freely allow roll-back to previous working versions instead of compelling us to use the latest release, whether it works or not.

areg5 said:

In my opinion, Daz should take a lesson from Nvidia, and freely allow roll-back to previous working versions instead of compelling us to use the latest release, whether it works or not.

To be fair, the previous version had the same problem with the same plugin, only to a lesser extent. I did have it lock up on me a couple of times as well.

protosynthetic said:

areg5 said:

To be fair, the previous version had the same problem with the same plugin, only to a lesser extent. I did have it lock up on me a couple of times as well.

So, with disabling the Heat plug-in, it works just fine and does not freeze up after being idle?

So far, yes. It's a very safe presumption.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

areg5 said:

I can sort of understand the reason behind not doing it. Even with "No support no more" written on big, red, bold letters, people would still be asking them to support those old versions.

One can download the versions when they are available and store them for safekeeping => No problem rolling back.

PerttiA said:

areg5 said:

I can sort of understand the reason behind not doing it. Even with "No support no more" written on big, red, bold letters, people would still be asking them to support those old versions.

One can download the versions when they are available and store them for safekeeping => No problem rolling back.

I did store 4.21 which worked fine for me, and I did roll it back.  I unfortunately have experience rolling back versions manually.  I did not keep a copy of the previous 4.22 however, which also worked for me as I just assumed if that one worked, the update on it would work.  Live and learn.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678

Just came to tell that it was interesting, I uninstalled DS and installed the previous one and same problem and only the HEAT plugin I installed lately, but as I see you guys figured it out :)

• edited March 8

Bad news. I uninstalled the HEAT plugin, restarted Daz, and I just had it crash on me again. I'll have to try a system restart as well, I guess.

Post edited by stripe6499_9253833ae8 on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127
    edited June 22

Post edited by IceCrMn on

IceCrMn said:

I uninstalled the HEAT plugin through DIM but Studio still shows it as installed, just disabled.

DIM shows it as uninstalled.

I'll try just deleteing it and see if that works.

edit: I managed to get DIM to remove after I re-installed then uninstalled it a couple times. heat.DLL is no longer showing in the plugins folder now. I'll do some testing later on to see if that fixed it.

Thanks to all who helped track this down :)

Disabled should have been enough.

• After installing 4.22, it was slow down after slow down and then it just halted and closed itself, so I rolled back to 4.21 and now the same User Interface slowdown affects that.

The slowdown affects the library, but I have noticed it is the change from Pose/&Animate that triggers it. 

I can assume it is Heat still being apart of the attachments that is causing this as I have a 4.20 installed on another drive that does not do any of this.

Have re-installed all of the updated Nvidia drivers and the rollbacks too. This is a massive problem so it needs sorting.

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

After installing 4.22, it was slow down after slow down and then it just halted and closed itself, so I rolled back to 4.21 and now the same User Interface slowdown affects that.

The slowdown affects the library, but I have noticed it is the change from Pose/&Animate that triggers it. 

I can assume it is Heat still being apart of the attachments that is causing this as I have a 4.20 installed on another drive that does not do any of this.

Have re-installed all of the updated Nvidia drivers and the rollbacks too. This is a massive problem so it needs sorting.

When I rolled back, I also found it slow.  Disabling the HEAT plug in fixed it

neoman said:

dragotx said:

Still testing, down to just Measure Metrics and Heat now

Thank you for working on this... I wish Daz would take it seriously... Doesn't seem to be a priority to them that their update has major issues.

neoman said:

I follow several YouTube channels on Daz Studio and the problem does seem to be random, but not uncommon.  A lot of users are affected by this and there is a lot of frustration that Daz puts out updates that are unreliable.

Except that it turns outm, as was suspected, not to be the Daz Studio update.

Richard Haseltine said:

IceCrMn said:

I uninstalled the HEAT plugin through DIM but Studio still shows it as installed, just disabled.

DIM shows it as uninstalled.

I'll try just deleteing it and see if that works.

edit: I managed to get DIM to remove after I re-installed then uninstalled it a couple times. heat.DLL is no longer showing in the plugins folder now. I'll do some testing later on to see if that fixed it.

Thanks to all who helped track this down :)

Disabled should have been enough.

Note that DS does have to be closed before unisntalling the plugin, if you do go that route.

A fix for the HEAT issue is being tested, we are told.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited March 8

meh 

keep losing all my custom actions under scripts

renders slow to a halt after 30 frames

after 2 hours

I don't know if it's D|S or my PC

Carrara runs well though so .....

update same scene 26 minutes in using 4.11 I am past 30 frames already

it's a good thing I can use Genesis 9 in Carrara wink I will be using 4.22 to save stuff for that

never used the heat plugin but I may try removing that

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

meh 

after 2 hours

it's a good thing I can use Genesis 9 in Carrara wink I will be using 4.22 to save stuff for that

or just disable it - having it installed and enabled seems to be enough, regardless of whether or not it is used.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060

Richard Haseltine said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

meh 

after 2 hours

or just disable it - having it installed and enabled seems to be enough, regardless of whether or not it is used.

I will say 4.11 is lightning speed for iray even compared to 4.21 or 22 pre heat and my GPU is staying below 50C  

am not using G9 or strandbased hair so perfectly fine

BTW even Filament ground to a halt in 4.22 (iray in 4.11 is faster)

HEAT has an update, the readme says it has fixed and issue with timers.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127
    edited June 22

Post edited by IceCrMn on