Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,981

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

Why are plugins like Decimator, Girabaldi, FluidOS, and so on not showing up in the about Installed Plugins with DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 but are showing up in DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 Public BETA?

Did they get installed bedffore you installed a non-beta version of DS> Was al of the isntalaltion done with DIM, or didsome of it get done with stand-alone installers (which might get a diferent path)?

Seems my problem was not realizing some of the plugins don't need serial numbers anymore.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,976

I'm trying the lastest release, nice to see that the unmovable keyframes has been finally solved and the integration of the graph pane feels nice, but now the keyframes are really too big and hard to manage when I have one close to another. I guess it's because some users got 4K screens but on lower resolutions they are really large.

Also the cursor's behavour became annoying, in the previous versions I can click once on the top of the timeline and drag it where I need with a single click, now it needs me to PRECISELY click on its very center otherwise I can drag it around the timeline.

Any chance to have these fixed?

• babyeatindingo said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Mark W said:

BlackTalonArts said:

Does anyone have an Idea how this is working on Mac M2's?  I have a Mac M2 Ultra and I'm hesitant to upgrade until I know how it is on this OS.

I'm running a M2 Mac Studio. TBH, 4.22 feels *slightly less* stable than 4.21. Not entirely unexpected for a brand new release, but frustrating.

The one notable bug I've seen so far is that ground fog doesn't render the same as the previous version. Effectively uselesss, as it seems to obscure the whole image.

Thanks Mark W. for the heads up.  I definitely think I will wait a while. I don't need the extra frustrations for sure.

The (known) bug with the menus in Sonoma (I'm running an M1 Max Mac Studio) is killing me, as well as the persistent crashes when saving.  At least it saves the file BEFORE it crashes, but having a workflow of "do a step, save, crash, relaunch, do another step, save, crash, relaunch, try to do something from a menu, crash, relaunch" isn't going to work for me.  At least I have a backlog of drawn/painted illustrations to get done while I wait for DS to become usable again.

The crashes when saving are also happening with me on a 2020 27" iMac running Sonoma, but I had this problem with the previous version which is a big bummer. Haven't installed Daz on my M3 Macbook Pro yet.

• BeensaindBeensaind Posts: 7

Has anyone figured out why any custom morph saved under "save as" (morph asset) is not showing up? Is there a new way to save your custom morphs now with the Daz Studios 4.22 release?

• Beensaind said:

Has anyone figured out why any custom morph saved under "save as" (morph asset) is not showing up? Is there a new way to save your custom morphs now with the Daz Studios 4.22 release?

What settings are you using on saving? How was the morph created? What is its path  (group in the Parameters pane)? Is it on a model that had already been saved as an asset?

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

What settings are you using on saving? How was the morph created? What is its path  (group in the Parameters pane)? Is it on a model that had already been saved as an asset?

All my custom morphs were made via shaping parameters, then I exported them to Hexagon and re-imported them to Daz. Once I was satisfied with the designs I would "bake" the rotations, edit the bones so that they can auto adjust to the character, and then I would right-click on the created morph parameter so That I could edit, freeze it, and right-click again to close the edit option. After all of that is done I would select the "save as" option and save as a morph asset.

• Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

All my custom morphs were made via shaping parameters, then I exported them to Hexagon and re-imported them to Daz. Once I was satisfied with the designs I would "bake" the rotations, edit the bones so that they can auto adjust to the character, and then I would right-click on the created morph parameter so That I could edit, freeze it, and right-click again to close the edit option. After all of that is done I would select the "save as" option and save as a morph asset.

Bake rotations? Do you meana djust rigging to shape? Which figure is this?

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

I always adjust the feet on the Genesis 8 Models so that they can be completely flat.

• Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

I always adjust the feet on the Genesis 8 Models so that they can be completely flat.

But are you using bake Rotations? That cannot be linked to a morph, as far as I know.

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Beensaind said:

But are you using bake Rotations? That cannot be linked to a morph, as far as I know.

That's interesting... Can this be the reason why the file is saved correctly but it does not sync with the program? Before this update it used to let me... maybe it was a fluke. I'll try re-doing the morph without baking the feet rotations, let's see what happens.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455
    edited January 4

That's interesting... Can this be the reason why the file is saved correctly but it does not sync with the program? Before this update it used to let me... maybe it was a fluke. I'll try re-doing the morph without baking the feet rotations, let's see what happens.

"Bake Rotations" just bakes the joint rotations of you figure as a new geometry base...but it will not reset any Pose Controls... so I'm not sure if you really meant "Bake Rotations", or "Bake Transforms"... You probably should've used Bake Transforms....

Anyway, it should not be the reason that you could not find the saved morph property in Parameters pane or Shaping pane.. unless the morph DSF file was wrongly defined or not saved successfully.

After saving morph assets, reload Genesis figure, you can at least find the saved morph in Parameters pane. If you could not find it in Shaping pane, check the Type field in Params Settings... only properties with Type - "Modifier/Shape" can be shown in Shaping pane.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

"Bake Rotations" just bakes the joint rotations of you figure as a new geometry base...but it will not reset any Pose Controls... so I'm not sure if you really meant "Bake Rotations", or "Bake Transforms"... You probably should've used Bake Transforms....

Anyway, it should not be the reason that you could not find the saved morph property in Parameters pane or Shaping pane.. unless the morph DSF file was wrongly defined or not saved successfully.

After saving morph assets, reload Genesis figure, you can at least find the saved morph in Parameters pane. If you could not find it in Shaping pane, check the Type field in Params Settings... only properties with Type - "Modifier/Shape" can be shown in Shaping pane.

Yes, I used "Bake Rotations" on the previos versions of Daz Studios prior to saving my custom morphs and it used to work, but Last night I did a final test leaving out this step and not only did it work, but i also noticed that the saving process is a hell of alot faster too.

• stitlownstitlown Posts: 280
    edited January 5

Is anyone else getting Studio going into a protracted "clearing the scene" dialogue and process at "exit".  Grindingly slow. Why?

And then when that's finished, it goes into what looks like the old, grindingly slow, release  of memory process.  Why is this so solw? 20s of MB of memory release on a task manager refresh cycle when there's 15,000 MB to release.

Post edited by stitlown on

stitlown said:

Is anyone else getting Studio going into a protracted "clearing the scene" dialogue and process at "exit".  Grindingly slow. Why?

And then when that's finished, it goes into what looks like the old, grindingly slow, release  of memory process.  Why is this so solw? 20s of MB of memory release on a task manager refresh cycle when there's 15,000 MB to release.

Yes, but not all the time. If your working on a huge project scene I noticed that it closes faster when you save the scene, then select all and delete before closing the program.  You can also build your scene by creating individual groups, select the vewi mode to off and then close the program. But like I mentioned before the diologe screen doesn't pop-up all the time.

Thanks for the technique tip, Beensaind.  Mind you, this sounds like an "Ooops saved all deleted" waiting to happen.

For others, and I know it's not recommended, but I regularly do it and have never noticed even a scintilla of problem / loss / error / damage.  After exiting Studio, I often "end task" through Windows Task Manager to hurry it along.  But I wouldn't do that in the middle of a save dialogue.

• Godless8Godless8 Posts: 25

The last update has created a new issue on my end. When selecting mesh parts in the scene, it often hangs and even drags parts that weren't intended. for example you click on the upper arm, and suddenly it lags and then your whole model moved because of the IK chaining. This makes working in Daz extremely frustrating. It slows down my work proccess by at least 100% if not more because of this odd behavior.

Has anyone else encountered this ?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,455
    edited January 8

Godless8 said:

The last update has created a new issue on my end. When selecting mesh parts in the scene, it often hangs and even drags parts that weren't intended. for example you click on the upper arm, and suddenly it lags and then your whole model moved because of the IK chaining. This makes working in Daz extremely frustrating. It slows down my work proccess by at least 100% if not more because of this odd behavior.

Yeah... but this "issue" has been there for a long time, even if you turn off "Enable IK"... The only way to avoid such an "issue" is to Lock all nodes pose... but in that way, the figure is not movable...angry

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Godless8Godless8 Posts: 25

crosswind said:

Godless8 said:

Yeah... but this "issue" has been there for a long time, even if you turn off "Enable IK"... The only way to avoid such an "issue" is to Lock all nodes pose... but in that way, the figure is not movable...angry

It has been there before, yes. However the problem has become much worse now. It's high time this problem gets solved.

Whatever they've done for this latest x.x.x.15 release, it's a dog.  Exiting is unreasonably slow, loading a new scene is unreasonably slow and there appear to be serious glitches across the hexagon bridge.  Is there any way I can unload this mongrel and go back to the previous release?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,166
    edited January 12

stitlown said:

Whatever they've done for this latest x.x.x.15 release, it's a dog.  Exiting is unreasonably slow, loading a new scene is unreasonably slow and there appear to be serious glitches across the hexagon bridge.  Is there any way I can unload this mongrel and go back to the previous release?

Only if you backed up the installers (which you can tell DIM to do). I have had mixed results on load times, close times is more a matter of seeing how long it takes as the window now stays open until much later in the process.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

Only if you backed up the installers (which you can tell DIM to do).

Thanks Richard.  I jumped into my DIM and could not see any setting to back up installers.  Where should I look, please?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

stitlown said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Only if you backed up the installers (which you can tell DIM to do).

Thanks Richard.  I jumped into my DIM and could not see any setting to back up installers.  Where should I look, please?

Make sure the box to "Delete package once installed" is unchecked, and move them out of the downloads folder once installed. 

Fixmypcmike said:

Make sure the box to "Delete package once installed" is unchecked, and move them out of the downloads folder once installed. 

Ahhh!  Thanks.  A manual process. I'll follow that next studio udate after the next.  Cheers, Lc

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,166
    edited January 13

stitlown said:

Fixmypcmike said:

Ahhh!  Thanks.  A manual process. I'll follow that next studio udate after the next.  Cheers, Lc

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/change_log_1_4_0_94 see the entry for 1.4.0.86 (I haven't verified that this is working in the current version, though).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

stitlown said:

Fixmypcmike said:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/change_log_1_4_0_94 see the entry for 1.4.0.86 (I haven't verified that this is working in the current version, though).

I just tried it and it does work.  Just remember that the package file names only include the major and minor release, e.g. 422, so it only covers 1 backup for DS4.22.

Thanks again, Guys.  This article shows you a sample .INI file entry.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602131/dim-1-4-0-86-now-has-a-backup-feature-for-app-and-plug-ins

edited January 14
      Just remember that the package file names only include the major and minor release, e.g. 422, so it only covers 1 backup for DS4.22.

Also important to understand. Thanks.  Although possibly could be worked around via a manual file rename?

Post edited by stitlown on

stitlown said:

Just remember that the package file names only include the major and minor release, e.g. 422, so it only covers 1 backup for DS4.22.

Also important to understand. Thanks.  Although possibly could be worked around via a manual file rename?

Yes 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,870

Here is my tiny request for future DAZ studio releases:
    Is it possible to have multiple, selectable Mesh Smoothing Modifier?
    I like to have the option to select more than only one Collision Item.

• Masterstroke said:

Here is my tiny request for future DAZ studio releases:
    Is it possible to have multiple, selectable Mesh Smoothing Modifier?
    I like to have the option to select more than only one Collision Item.

This is a therad for reporting issues with the current build, rather than making feature requests - actual requests should be made via Technical Support tickets, though there is no harm in discussing them on the forum first (but prefereably not in a beta thread).