Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• larkusmolarkusmo Posts: 0

When trying to render any scene with more than 1 character the iray rendering image preview never appears and after a while it stops to and leaves an empty render window without anytthing on it.

The log shows "Error Unable to allocate memory blah blah blah"

Which is weird, cause my system has more than enough Vram and RAM to render even larger scenes, I had been rendering scenes with up to 6 characters at the same time on version 4.16 without any issues, in fact I gave up troubleshooting 4.22 and rollback to 4.16 and the same scene loads and renders prefectly on 4.16.

This is clearly a bug and needs to be addressed and fixed.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,860
    edited January 30

How much is "more than enough VRAM", which GPU do you have?
    How much RAM is installed?

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • MacOS on an M1 Ultra 64GB of RAM running Sonoma 14.2.1

I am getting a LOT of crashes when it tries to end a render.  It doesn't seem to matter if I cancel or if the render completes, there is a good chance of a crash.  I have tried different scenes including Genesis 3, Genesis 8, Genesis 9 with and without dForce.  I have tried scenes/environment like Space Station Eclipse.  

The render progresses nicely and I can see it getting better on the screen.  I cave better luck cancelling when near completion than letting it finish.  So I run it to 90% or so, click cancel, and save the image.  I was not having this problem before this version.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,689

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

MacOS on an M1 Ultra 64GB of RAM running Sonoma 14.2.1

I am getting a LOT of crashes when it tries to end a render.  It doesn't seem to matter if I cancel or if the render completes, there is a good chance of a crash.  I have tried different scenes including Genesis 3, Genesis 8, Genesis 9 with and without dForce.  I have tried scenes/environment like Space Station Eclipse.  

The render progresses nicely and I can see it getting better on the screen.  I cave better luck cancelling when near completion than letting it finish.  So I run it to 90% or so, click cancel, and save the image.  I was not having this problem before this version 

Can you please provide a crashlog so I can help you figure out what crashes?
    Console.app -> Crash Report.
    Select a DAZStudio Crash report, select all. Paste into a TextEdit Document, print to PDF, and upload the PDF here.
    Take two or three so I can find a pattern.

• Totte said:

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

The render progresses nicely and I can see it getting better on the screen.  I cave better luck cancelling when near completion than letting it finish.  So I run it to 90% or so, click cancel, and save the image.  I was not having this problem before this version 

Select a DAZStudio Crash report, select all. Paste into a TextEdit Document, print to PDF, and upload the PDF here.

First, Let me say thank you.  I do appreciate the help.

I have attached 3 crash logs (in one file, but labeled to separate them).  If you need it different, I can do that too.

pdf
    pdf
    DAZ Crash reports .pdf
    1M
  • 45 Cool45 Cool Posts: 20

Hello,

Been having crashs, to many to count....And never had this problem before the new update.

Is this something to do with setting or a bug? Also where is the crash log file located so i can

show anyone that might have qusetion?

• 45 Cool said:

Hello,

Been having crashs, to many to count....And never had this problem before the new update.

Is this something to do with setting or a bug? Also where is the crash log file located so i can

Assuming you are on a MAc, just type cmd+space, and type console.  Open the console app and the top entry on the left is crashe reports.  You can type "DAZ" in the search box in the App to find those reports.

• 45 Cool said:

Hello,

Crashes doing what? There is a known issue with some Out of Touch hairs - check for updates, though instalaltion order and method can make the issue persist as can having older files in another content directory. The issue can be fixed if it persists by seelcting the hair in the scene, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane, type transm in the filter box at the top of the Surfaces pane, and remove any map applied to Transmitted Colour.

• 45 Cool45 Cool Posts: 20

Hello Richard,

Funny that you mention Out of Touch hairs, I use them exclusively.

Will try that out and see if it helps. Thank you

Cheers,

Patrick 

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

Totte said:

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

I have attached 3 crash logs (in one file, but labeled to separate them).  If you need it different, I can do that too.

Hi, I casued a similar crash when cancelling a render that used a lot of RAM, I will see if I can make it repetetive, and file a bug report  about it. 

• Totte said:

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

Totte said:

v3rlon_7354dd516e said:

Hi, I casued a similar crash when cancelling a render that used a lot of RAM, I will see if I can make it repetetive, and file a bug report  about it. 

Thanks.   If I can't render a single Gemesis 3 figure (1 hair, 1 off the shelf outfit) in a M1 Ultra with 64GB of RAM, I am inclined to think something else is wrong.  Something is consuming memory and not letting it go or something.

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

45 Cool said:

Hello,

Same!  Almost never crashed before and now if I do anything more then a simple scene it crashes.  Has inspired me to buy less stuff, cant use it any way all of the sudden.  Updated my driver all that, and I have a good system

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41
    edited February 16

There is another driver update, going to see if that helps, maybe that is it, the driver update they did first did not work properly maybe

Post edited by AnitaLee on
  • XanathonXanathon Posts: 86

DAZ Studio has become unusable after the latest Nvidia Driver updates. Uses up all RAM and GPU shortly after start. computer has to be resetted.

Ryzen 7, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3990. Windows 10, latest patches.

• Xanathon said:

DAZ Studio has become unusable after the latest Nvidia Driver updates. Uses up all RAM and GPU shortly after start. computer has to be resetted.

Ryzen 7, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3990. Windows 10, latest patches.

It is not unknown for an nVidia driver update to cause issues - try rolling back, if you can, to an older version - the minimum required is listed here, among other places https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/666006/daz-studio-pro-4-22-1-x-highlights#latest

• XanathonXanathon Posts: 86

I can confirm that DAZ Studio seems to have problems with Nvidia driver 551.23 studio and a rollback to 546.33 studio solved those crash issues. The DAZ developers have to work with Nvidia to sort this out, since on multi GPU systems Adobe Photoshop only works with the latest drivers.

Xanathon said:

I can confirm that DAZ Studio seems to have problems with Nvidia driver 551.23 studio and a rollback to 546.33 studio solved those crash issues. The DAZ developers have to work with Nvidia to sort this out, since on multi GPU systems Adobe Photoshop only works with the latest drivers.

nVidia developers sadly... 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,868

Just installed 4.22.0.16 in order to use the Omni Hair Shader.
    Quote:
    "

• An update to Default Resources is required to obtain the Shader Preset used to apply the shader to Strand-Based Hair"

Where do I find this?

Error Message:
    "/data/Daz 3D/Built-in Content/OmniSurface/OmniHair Root-Tip Blend.dsf"
    What do I'm missing?

• Masterstroke said:

Just installed 4.22.0.16 in order to use the Omni Hair Shader.
    Quote:
    "

• An update to Default Resources is required to obtain the Shader Preset used to apply the shader to Strand-Based Hair"

Where do I find this?

Error Message:
    "/data/Daz 3D/Built-in Content/OmniSurface/OmniHair Root-Tip Blend.dsf"
    What do I'm missing?

You need the Default Resources update, which should show up in DIM.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,868

Ah got it thanksyes

• kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 124

I really REALLY want to use 4.22, but I keep using my 4.21 beta install for almost everything now... I just updated to see if everything is ok, but it takes almost a full minute to close the program after saving, with a full scene.  4.21 just closes when I want it to.  Doesn't go through the process of deleting everything and clearing that I can see...

Is there a setting or something I may not have enabled anywhere that can just make it so the program closes?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,913

kirbawirba said:

I really REALLY want to use 4.22, but I keep using my 4.21 beta install for almost everything now... I just updated to see if everything is ok, but it takes almost a full minute to close the program after saving, with a full scene.  4.21 just closes when I want it to.  Doesn't go through the process of deleting everything and clearing that I can see...

Is there a setting or something I may not have enabled anywhere that can just make it so the program closes?

In my understanding they are using around the same time to close.

The difference is that when 4.21 closes, it closes the interface fast, and then continues in the background. That has folled some when upgrading, as they thought that DS had closed, but in reality it was still running, and therefore messed up the installation.

In 4.22 it is now visible that DS is running, and only closes the interface close to it is finished and closes. 

• belardbelard Posts: 20

I don't know if it is only me, but after updating (29-Feb-2024) to 4.22.0.16 Pro (64 bit) I get a VERY, VERY annoying bug: when merging two scenes, G8F figures from the second scene lose their poses completely and revert to the standard A pose. And I have a feeling they also lose some of their morphs. G8M figures merge correctly as usual.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,112

belard said:

I don't know if it is only me, but after updating (29-Feb-2024) to 4.22.0.16 Pro (64 bit) I get a VERY, VERY annoying bug: when merging two scenes, G8F figures from the second scene lose their poses completely and revert to the standard A pose. And I have a feeling they also lose some of their morphs. G8M figures merge correctly as usual.

The update didn't touch content loading, so it is unlikely that your issue stems from that. It is more likely to be related to a piece of content that you recently installed, or possibly a utility. is this happening with any combination of scenes? What happens if you load the second firect and merge the first into that?.

• belardbelard Posts: 20
    edited March 1

Richard Haseltine said:

belard said:

The update didn't touch content loading, so it is unlikely that your issue stems from that. It is more likely to be related to a piece of content that you recently installed, or possibly a utility. is this happening with any combination of scenes? What happens if you load the second firect and merge the first into that?

Richard, thank you very much for your fast reply. I may, indeed, have been too hasty in blaming the update. The fact is that I tried three times and got the same awkward result; but now I did the inverse merging, as you suggested, and everything went well. Strange things do happen... I will keep on making experiments with other scenes to see if I can pinpoint what happened. Again, thanks a lot!

Post edited by belard on
  • kd8gxwkd8gxw Posts: 11

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Perhaps I need to make a new thread?

I have a 2021 iMac with Big Sur. I have been using Daz Studio 4.21 since the end of 2022. Last year I saw the update to 4.22+ and tried it. All was well until I tried to save. The program told me I needed to be logged in in order to save. I don't have constant internet access. I got annoyed and downgraded back to 4.21.  Later I wanted to see if it was something I was doing with how I logged in with Daz (I'm using the black screen instead of the gray screen that asks you to log in where you can ignore it). Even when I officially login, I still am told I need to login. I again downgraded to 4.21. I have no idea what is goin on. I don't NEED 4.22. I don't do anything official with Daz, it's just a hobby. But can anyone tell me what this is?   If this is Big Sur, I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I don't have good internet where I am at. I would have to take the computer someplace, etc.   Thanks.

• rhye_7b205b2b74rhye_7b205b2b74 Posts: 78
    edited March 3

I have found 4.22 starts to slow down and then just quits, so it may have a memory leak somewhere. Uninstalled it and re-instaled same thing happens again even on just one character loaded. Cannot get a log of the event as it just stops working and vanishes from task manager and screen?

When it slows down nothing works so you cannot save or get log during the slowdown either.

Post edited by rhye_7b205b2b74 on

kd8gxw said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Perhaps I need to make a new thread?

I have a 2021 iMac with Big Sur. I have been using Daz Studio 4.21 since the end of 2022. Last year I saw the update to 4.22+ and tried it. All was well until I tried to save. The program told me I needed to be logged in in order to save. I don't have constant internet access. I got annoyed and downgraded back to 4.21.  Later I wanted to see if it was something I was doing with how I logged in with Daz (I'm using the black screen instead of the gray screen that asks you to log in where you can ignore it). Even when I officially login, I still am told I need to login. I again downgraded to 4.21. I have no idea what is goin on. I don't NEED 4.22. I don't do anything official with Daz, it's just a hobby. But can anyone tell me what this is?   If this is Big Sur, I won't be upgrading anytime soon. I don't have good internet where I am at. I would have to take the computer someplace, etc.   Thanks.

Can you please provide a screenshot on the login dialog DS shows?
    And, are you using DazConnect installed items? DazConnect Items will AFIAK require logins to the account they were installed under .

• kd8gxwkd8gxw Posts: 11

Totte said:

And, are you using DazConnect installed items? DazConnect Items will AFIAK require logins to the account they were installed under .

I had to reinstall 4.22 again. It isn't a login. When I save I am fine, but when I try to create a new scene I get the below (minus all the smudges of coarse). I get what Daz is going for, but if I want to load another scene I have that option elsewhere. I figured out that I had to be online to get some of Daz to make this screen work and not get an error that I wasn't online. One that was done, all I will get is spinning things. At least I can select the upper left and continue. I know you can customize Daz, so can this screen be removed and be back to what 4.21 did?  I find this big box coming up when I want to just clear the screen annoying.  Thanks

Save Scene.jpg
    1893 x 1000 - 141K

kd8gxw said:

Totte said:

I had to reinstall 4.22 again. It isn't a login. When I save I am fine, but when I try to create a new scene I get the below (minus all the smudges of coarse). I get what Daz is going for, but if I want to load another scene I have that option elsewhere. I figured out that I had to be online to get some of Daz to make this screen work and not get an error that I wasn't online. One that was done, all I will get is spinning things. At least I can select the upper left and continue. I know you can customize Daz, so can this screen be removed and be back to what 4.21 did?  I find this big box coming up when I want to just clear the screen annoying.  Thanks

This is the new "New Template", so that's how it is, just click the first New Scene icon.