Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,893

OK, so nobody could see my first set, probably because I immediately added a second comment. Thanks Richard Haseltine for explaining what was going wrong. I had this issue before, but now I at least have an idea why it happened. The images are back up now.

Mermaid, Horo, NGartplay, adbc: thanks.

Lovely abstract flower render, Mermaid!

Amazing skyscraper render, Horo.

edited March 27

I told you I made various renders and I really did. Here are another few landscapes. This time playing with the terrain editor, because Horo reminded me how great it actually is. I tried out some weird things, that are not always very useful, such as sawtooth and bubbleridges. And I tried erosion in Bryce again, but it is way too harsh for normal terrains, or maybe my technique is very wrong. The fist one has volumetric clouds for a nice effect. The second one is a Bryce terrain combined with a picture terrain element (in the terrain editor). The fourth one has a snow element by Horo. And the last one again has a picture element in the terrain.

Brycesaw.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 498K
    Brycesaw2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 789K
    Brycerosion.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 559K
    Brycerosion_a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 494K
    Brycerosion_b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 628K
    bubbleridgemodified.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 829K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited March 28

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, the first set is visible, three nice variants and the city render also looks great. The six new ones look all different but are all very charming.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Hansmar thanks, very interesting and intriguing landscapes both sets; the 1st is visible now and this last set, well done.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,077

Wow Hansmar, great set of landscapes.  Each has its fine points, like the first's satellite looks realistic with the hazy look.  I'm really drawn to the windswept one in white.  Lovely landscape.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo : exceptional skyscraper model.

Hansmar : both sets (the first and last one) are  fascinating, very well done.

edited March 30

Horo, Mermaid, NGartplay, adbc: Thank you all.

Here are a couple more. These are created using the free version of Gaea for the heightmap and are otherwise Bryce. They are all the same terrain. The first two are from the same view, but with different sky and atmosphere settings. The others are from different viewpoints (and with different textures). And I changed the sizes for the last one too.

Gaea_HM4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 431K
    Gaea_HM4_a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 435K
    Gaea_HM4c.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 642K
    Gaea_HM4d.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 600K
    Gaea_HM4e.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 540K

Awesome landscapes Hansmar, all are superb, I like how you try the different software and get cool results.

Hansmar - five very interesting and nicely done mountain scenes. The second is my favorite (even though I usually prefer brightly lit scenes).

edited March 30

Thanks, Mermaid and Horo.

There are more on my disk. These are terrains made with Bryce Terrain Editor. I tried different options, including some textures and filters by David Brinnen and Horo. But I also varied the options for the terrain editing, e.g. using the blob maker. The first one has a heathaze filter. Then there is one with an urban sprawl texture and one with a woods and fields terrain texture. The final one uses a picture added to the other height map data. The second one has a volumetric cloud slag and therefore I rendered a bit more of the sky.

bubbleridgeheathaze.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 669K
    Bloburbansprawl.jpg
    879 x 659 - 573K
    woodsfields.jpg
    879 x 659 - 599K
    bubbleridgemodified.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 829K

Hansmar, excellently done landscapes.  I'm especially drawn to the first, which looks like a photo on another planet.

Hansmar - another four renders that came out great in their differences.

Hansmar- another 4 amazing results, superb work

edited March 31

Hansmar : two sets of superb landscapes, all with different results, well done!

Post edited by adbc on
    edited March 31

The terrain was self made and given the material Tau_davidbrinnen (3/10) from the Pro Materials Library. Sky, light and colour by the Gasclouds_B03 HDRI from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies. No other light source, except some specularity by the sun. Renders in minutes because there is only specular, no shadows at all.

Eroded Range

The same scene, just the HDRI rotated.

Coloured Range

ErodedRange.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 260K
    ColouredRange.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 370K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870

An old stairs. Everything is Bryce made. It is rather a work in progress than finished.

AlteTreppe_IBL.jpg
    870 x 870 - 654K

Horo :  superb renders, great material and sky.

Eletro-Elvis : wonderful work in progress.

Fantastic examples Horo, amazing how rotating the Hdri results in a colorful landscape.

Cool  modeling Electro-Elvis I love the dents on the stairs and the material used,

Electro-Elvis - looks very realistic, not so easy to do it as it seems, great work.

adbc and mermaid - thank you.

Horo, love that terrain.  One of my favorites of yours.

Elvis, wow.  That looks like a photograph.

Thank you NGartplay.

edited April 2

The terrain was self made and given a material from Terrain Stacking, the water was self made. The aircraft is the Biplane by Daz 3D. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Flight along Vale

FlightAlongVale.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 200K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, like the addition of the airplane and the distant water looks perfect.

Another superb scene Horo nice addition of the plane. 

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

Horo : wonderful realistic scene.

Thank you adbc.

edited April 3

A desert scene using one of David’s Cloudscapes from his Cloudscapes 4 set.

desert-sunset-cloud4.png
    650 x 500 - 160K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - this desert-like scene looks excellent, I also like the idea and the dromedary camels.

Thanks Horo. Actually I was trying instances again, I failed again, so I just placed some random duplicates and added the camels, and was happy with the result.