Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381

Thank you Past as Future

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo, mermaid, Past as Future : thank you.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited March 5

Past as Future - Thank you. Missing my sig here is not your fault, there is no signature object (a terrain, in fact) in the renders I show here in the forum. I always remove it and plop-render the part. I also have it smaller here than at bryce5.com, Renderosity, in the Daz gallery or on my website.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 153

Thanks for explanation! I went to your website, opened picture in the largest size and happily found the object (it was easy to notice this time). 

smiley

Horo I didn't know you had a "secret siggy" on your work, I always wondered why you or some of the members like Adbc and NGartplay never signed your beautiful work. blush

Past as Future : thank you.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Horo, every landscape that you create is unique.  I don't know where your ideas come from.

mermaid, love your sapceman and his outpost.  the steps on the land is very cool.

adbc, wonderful machine.  Could be from a steampunk garage.  Great looking pic.

NGartplay - thank you.

NGartplay : thank you.

Thank you NGartplay

edited March 7

An object by MatCreator using materials and lighting from the Hyper Textures Base set and an Anaglyph.

Organica-Column5-base.jpg
    850 x 850 - 314K
    Organica-Column5-ana-base.jpg
    850 x 850 - 386K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid, wow, that object comes right off the screen.  I put on my 3D glasses but it took a moment before it all became clear.  Once it did it looked like I could hold it in my hand.

Thanks NGartplay 

mermaid : Ngartplay is right the object comes out of the screen. Very nice work on both renders.

edited March 8

mermaid - Great object, nicely presented. The anaglyph looks great how it jumps out of the sceen.

The terrain was self made and given a material combined from High Resolution Terrains 3 and Terrain Stacking. Sky by the CloudSphere6 and the ambient light by the belonging HDRI from the Sky Toolbox. The key light by the sun. A calciferous hill-scape.

Chalky Rocks

I made an anaglyph because I found the geometry of the hills does not come out as I hoped. It is better visible in the anaglyph.

Chalky Hils Anaglyph

ChalkyRocks.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 242K
    ChalkyRocksAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 315K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Adbc and Horo

Wow Horo outstanding landscape but the anaglyph is spectacular, very impressive.

Very nice works, mermaid and Horo!

Sadly I can't enjoy anaglyphs much because not only I have a myopia with different values for eyes (one is stronger than other), but also doctor said I have astigmatism as well (which explains why I have troubles with anaglyphs). At least traditional "flat" renders from you I can look at (and they look very good).

mermaid - thank you.

Past as Future - thank you. Yes, 3D anaglyphs are not easy for everybody. There are also many that cannot see the colours correctly and so a red/cyan image cannot be appreciated.

Nicely done Horo.  I found that putting my 3D glasses ONTOP of my real glasses makes it much easier to make the images pop off of the screen.  All this time I've been putting them inside my glasses, lol.

NGartplay - thank you. Ah yes, the nice thing in life is that we sometimes learn to do something right ;)

Thank you Past as Future

Horo : Excellent landscape and anaglyph.

Thank you adbc.

edited March 11

A cube in the world centre with a simple material, the camera is in the world centre as well with FOV 180° (equals to 144 degrees diagonal). Inspired by the video "Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 3" by David Brinnen (on YouTube /watch?v=_Qukn6l-1Sg). No light from the Sky Lab.

Super Mirror

The same setup, just the EWL in front of the camera to get an angle of view of 324 degrees diagonal and increased max ray depth from 12 to 13 to compensate for the lens.

Super Mirror Fisheye

SuperMirror.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 430K
    SuperMirrorFE.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 405K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : awesome result on both renders, beautiful soft colours.

Wow Horo excellent abstracts

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

edited March 11

Some time ago I've read somewhere people saying stuff like "don't you dare even think of using such content with your old and amateur software" which made me mad; after that I went to the website of Kitbash3D and downloaded their free (at the time) pack of models called "Cyperpunk Mini Kit" with idea of using it and proving those people wrong (I guess). For some reason I didn't do a thing, but those files stayed around for a while.

Now I've remembered them and decided to use with Bryce. In that collection there were 12 models of various buildings, at first I tried to take a look at them in Blender. When I tried to load them first time I just got Blender freezing with RAM consumption increasing over the time so I had to shut down process. Second time I've successfully opened them in Blender, but I was greated with RAM comsumption around 7-9 gb and also swop memory consumption around 4-6 gb as well. Obviously, textures were the culprit. So when I went opening those models in Bryce, I decided to import without textures. After some wait, I've managed to import all those models (they were provided inside one file for some reason) and Bryce's RAM consumption ended up being just about 600-700 mb (even without textures you'd see 3,5 million polys in this model kit). After further investigation I understood that those 12 models they provided as limited freebie were more like a "sampler" from their big commercial sets, and so they've included stuff from 4 of such sets, 3 models per each. So in the end I decided to use 3 models that came from same set to test things.  As I imported them without textures I had to assign Bryce-native materials. So I've revisited the way how originals looked and spent some time finding more or less fitting replacements from Bryce materials library. Finally, it was time to do some renders.

The first picture is my quick attempt at composition (had to redo it several time, but still far away from what I had in mind at first). And "bonus" pictures are sort of portraits of each buildings (as I said, I've just used 3 models that came from same set, there are another 9 models I should try using later). In the end, while my attempts still novice-alike and could be improved further, I'm glad I managed to use those "modern and serious" assets together with our "ancient and funny" Bryce, no matter what rude people randomly found on the web would say! cheeky

Post edited by Past as Future on

Wow very nice buildings Past as Future all the renders are so cool, well done

Past as Future - Great results of your elaborate work.