And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• LeatherGryphon said:

Ah, the glass that darkens on electrical demand.cool  I just hope that the default state, i.e. without electricity applied, is opaque.enlightened  Otherwise I'd hate to be in there, attending to my business, when the power goes out.frown

Something tells me something else would be going on at that time that would leave enough people distracted, like an earthquake. In which case, you'll be glad it's not in your pants when it streams out...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455

True, true.yes  Which leads one to believe that almost any number of sketchy things could be done and go unnoticed during an earthquake.  If one had the presence of mind to ignore the ongoing earthquake while engaging in one's sketchy behavior.enlightened

• LeatherGryphon said:

True, true.yes  Which leads one to believe that almost any number of sketchy things could be done and go unnoticed during an earthquake.  If one had the presence of mind to ignore the ongoing earthquake while engaging in one's sketchy behavior.enlightened

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a supervillain tactic. Your super-secret lair needs an upgrade? Cause an earthquake to cover your theft of all the gold toilet seats and bathroom plumbing from the local Better Homes & Garderobes Shoppe. All the superheroes will be too busy to foil your plans. You might even have time to pop into the Jewels R Us next door so you don't need to worry about gift giving for the next year.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

LeatherGryphon said:

Ah, the glass that darkens on electrical demand.cool  I just hope that the default state, i.e. without electricity applied, is opaque.enlightened  Otherwise I'd hate to be in there, attending to my business, when the power goes out.frown

Doesn't really matter.  One of the things one has to get used to in Japan is an attendant nonchalantly coming in and starting to clean the floor or fixtures while you're doing your business... and while the room may be marked "Men", the odds are that the attendant will be an older woman.  Kind of a necessity, really, as when you have individual subway stations that get 3.5 million people passing through every day, it's pretty much impossible to shut a bathroom down during busy hours. 

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a supervillain tactic. Your super-secret lair needs an upgrade? Cause an earthquake to cover your theft of all the gold toilet seats and bathroom plumbing from the local Better Homes & Garderobes Shoppe. All the superheroes will be too busy to foil your plans. You might even have time to pop into the Jewels R Us next door so you don't need to worry about gift giving for the next year.

Speaking of gold toilet seats, I had a friend who had too much to drink and woke up after having a dream about sitting on a golden toilet... and his roomate was VERY pissed off about what happened to his tuba. :O

• Cybersox said:

Doesn't really matter.  One of the things one has to get used to in Japan is an attendant nonchalantly coming in and starting to clean the floor or fixtures while you're doing your business... and while the room may be marked "Men", the odds are that the attendant will be an older woman.  Kind of a necessity, really, as when you have individual subway stations that get 3.5 million people passing through every day, it's pretty much impossible to shut a bathroom down during busy hours. 

Finland's that way too. Big culture shock the first time a female cleaner came in and did their work while I was sprinking holy water in the porcelain goddess. 

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145

I didn't read the entire thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned, but I remember there was a free toilet seat given out as a christmas freebie, maybe as a way to address the missing seat issue?

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 803

memcneil70 said:

I found another Motel Bathroom where the toilet moves but although I thought it was mentioned there was no link to this thread in it's bundle or the bathroo

Wrong thread but this bathroom needs to be much grungier to math the reast of the room. Nothing for CSI to do in here.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

Well not having a toilet seat deals with the issue of seat up - seat down. Now we have the Squat Master 3000. :-)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

The new DAZ+ restroom freebie has toilet seat that goes up and down.  However no urinal.

Sfariah D said:

The new DAZ+ restroom freebie has toilet seat that goes up and down.  However no urinal.

It is, however, missing a lid and bolted to the wall, so unfortunately it's really only usefull for business/industrial situations. 

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 750

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

It is, however, missing a lid and bolted to the wall, so unfortunately it's really only usefull for business/industrial situations. 

What public toilet has a lid?

• Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

• Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Port-a-johns do, but that's a different genre of public toilet.

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Quite a few actually, especially in Office/Warehouse type installations where the number of people using the facilities is fairly limited.  Keep in mind that the primary purpose of the lid is to prevent backscatter on the flush, so you're more likely to see lidless toilets in places where there is a cleaning service coming through every few hours, as otherwise the walls of the cubicles can get gross pretty quickly.   That's also part of the reason why so many industrial toilet paper holders have built in covers.  

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

Even in gas stations and department stores?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,707
    edited September 20

Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

Speaking for the US here, they can it just depends on weather or not it's a restroom with stalls or a single room sort of restroom. The former is less likely to have lids and the latter usually does.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

It's not a law so you can find some without, however yes, they can be found even in stores and dept stores. Some toilets will flush when one lowers the lid :-) Some will flush when a person stands up.
    Haven't check any gas stations recently but would expect that many still do.
    The "only" gas stations I recall having to avoid going anywhere near are on the highways through the mountains in Alberta. Nothing to with the toilets, it was the animals [read people with no basic training] that were using the floor instead. 

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

It's not a law so you can find some without, however yes, they can be found even in stores and dept stores. Some toilets will flush when one lowers the lid :-) Some will flush when a person stands up.
    The "only" gas stations I recall having to avoid going anywhere near are on the highways through the mountains in Alberta. Nothing to with the toilets, it was the animals [read people with no basic training] that were using the floor instead. 

I hate auto flush toilets. They ALWAYS go off when you don't want them to.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056

Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

I prefer people flushing frequently to stinking up the restroom 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Over here (Finland), there isn't a toilet (public or not) without a lid unless someone has vandalized it. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 748
    edited September 20

Malandar said:

Solidarity. Bonus points when you're pregnancy sick. I learned to drape toilet paper over the sensor until I'm ready for it to go. 

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Malandar said:

Cybersox said:

Sfariah D said:

Ours do. [Canada]

I would recommend avoiding the I-5 in California like the plague then. For some reason California can't keep them clean nor fixed for the level of traffic on that roadway. Highway 101 or the old 1 is a better choice to go north or south, except around the Gaviota Pass. But get into Oregon and the I-5 toilets sparkle, as all the other freeways do around their state. At least in 2014. 

• I found even Canadian Pit toilets at major road parking areas had toilet lids. Though, it has to be said that you didn't want to leave the lid up..

Regards,

Richard

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644
    edited September 20

And yet another toilet without a seat or lid:

https://www.daz3d.com/bubbling-bath-bathroom

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Apparently toilets in the Netherlands have a "shelf" inside. I'll let you Google why. Videos are on YT.

• Same in the army quarters my dad was posted to in Germany in the 1970's. Very whiffy. Regards, Richard.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I always avoid public restrooms but on the occasions where I have no choice I like them like Walmart's where you can just keep pulling the flush handle and a new jet of water like a white water river comes crashing through.

Charlie Judge said:

And yet another toilet without a seat or lid:

https://www.daz3d.com/bubbling-bath-bathroom

Yeah, and that looks singularly uncomfortable and unhygenic to sit on given that the way that the tank is elevated up on the pipe means that most users of said device would find said pipe pressing in in a less than desirable position....  A real shame, as the vendor would have otherwise received bonus points for including small details like water streams for the faucets and showerhead (though not water splashes on the floor for the latter.)