And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited September 2023

Some of the PAs seem to be men who are tired of putting their seats down at home.

Edit: Made it readable

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

The refrigerator was stuck under Architecture. I moved it to Kitchenware.

Correction, the refrigerator is under Electrical. Still moved it to Kitchenware to my subfolder 'Appliances - Large'.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited September 2023

Found the fridge; I guess it should have been expected that given the number of bedrooms, there would be two kitchens. The 'public' kitchen has the island and a cooktop against the wall  with six burners and a griddle. On the other side of that wall is the "small" kitchen - with an oven, another six burner cooktop, another sink, and the refridgerator.

I've got to admit, this is a heckuva lot of locales for action for the money.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • namffuak said:

Found the fridge; I guess it should have been expected that given the number of bedrooms, there would be two kitchens. The 'public' kitchen has the island and a cooktop against the wall  with six burners and a griddle. On the other side of that wall is the "small" kitchen - with an oven, another six burner cooktop, another sink, and the refridgerator.

This is a real thing in houses built for entertaining these days. A public kitchen for the flashy stovetop cooking that the guests get to see, and a messy kitchen where most of the real work gets done. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

murgatroyd314 said:

namffuak said:

This is a real thing in houses built for entertaining these days. A public kitchen for the flashy stovetop cooking that the guests get to see, and a messy kitchen where most of the real work gets done. 

It's also how many restaurant kitchens are set up, with a "hot" area filled with the heavy duty gear like fryers, flame broilers, grills, etc, and a second cooler area for prep work, cold storage, and  the dish-washing facilities.  It's only logical - why make everyone whose not actively cooking sweat or have the ice in your ice machine constantly melting when a simple wall makes the hot side stay hot and the cool side stay cool?   

Shimrian said:

namffuak said:

memcneil70 said:

The Golden Ticket environment today at either $3.99 or $2.99 https://www.daz3d.com/pw-cliff-house has a toilet with movable seat and lid.

That's nice. Now if there was a refrigerator  for the kitchen . . there have been a number of environments with cooking areas and no place to store food in the past year or so - no pantry space, no refrigerator,  just a real nice kitchen set up for cooking.

It also has a refrigerator with a door that opens! Doesn't look like you can change the spacing between the selves tho... This set has soooo many props. :D

PWP's sets aren't usually cheap... $2.99 for this one is crazy... but they're always a fantastic source for restaging and for kit bashing.  The grand champions of them all, though, are the Airport island series of sets, which are currently on sale for 80% off before any other discounts.  Just the Villa Part section by itself contains the equivalent of six to ten regular DAZ products, including multiple separate beache scenes separated by rocky outcrops (one with a huge wharf/boatdock), a winding rural cliff-side road, an upscale suburban neighborhood complete with trees, street lamps and six houses, all featuring finished interiors and installed lighting plus full landscaping and a unique swimming pool for each.  And you get that all for a bonkers $5.80 right now before any discounts are added.  Crazy...     

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited September 2023

I can only render them in Twinmotion

I managed to crash the Community build just now trying it with Lumen

this is not Lumen just raster

also did not export the foliage, I used Twinmotion palms

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...clearly one of the best Gold Ticket items of the sale so far. Aalso picked up the Customisable Hot Rod V-12  and Private Jet Iray off the wishlist.

Passed on the AIrport Isalnd sets even though they were a steal at 3.13$ each as I have old hardware.

kyoto kid said:

...clearly one of the best Gold Ticket items of the sale so far. Aalso picked up the Customisable Hot Rod V-12  and Private Jet Iray off the wishlist.

Passed on the AIrport Isalnd sets even though they were a steal at 3.13$ each as I have old hardware.

It's rare for me to ever use anything I've bought as-is, but I paid a lot more than that back when I bought them and have found that they're worth a lot more than that just for the component pieces. Certainly a heck of a better deal than some of the same-priced "outfits" that consist of a basic dress without even a pair of shoes, in any case... DAZ pricing really doesn't make sense sometimes.     

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can only render them in Twinmotion

I managed to crash the Community build just now trying it with Lumen

this is not Lumen just raster

also did not export the foliage, I used Twinmotion palms

Nice, that looks pretty spectacular... especially love the sunset into the ocean and sea birds. :)  I guess I'm going to have to start playing with Twinmotion now...  

• Khai-J-Bach said:

and no drain for the bath.... (look underneath)

Did they get that idea from idea from the Geico commercial? 

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Khai-J-Bach said:

Man, it took me forever to figure out that you were replying to a nearly four year old post... It amazes me that this thread has been running this long and still remains topical... 

Pet peeves persist.

Actually, my reason for adding to the list of sets with working toilets is to let this list be as comprehensive as possible with what I find in my own runtime when I run across one. Maybe it will help someone down the road. Same for the window thread.

• Cybersox said:

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

Khai-J-Bach said:

Man, it took me forever to figure out that you were replying to a nearly four year old post... It amazes me that this thread has been running this long and still remains topical... 

Heh. Well, it helps that the last post in the thread was only a day old. Must be a lot of DAZ bathrooms for sale with lidless toilets going back a few years. :D

memcneil70 said:

Pet peeves persist.

Actually, my reason for adding to the list of sets with working toilets is to let this list be as comprehensive as possible with what I find in my own runtime when I run across one. Maybe it will help someone down the road. Same for the window thread.

Well, since I started the thread, obviously it's one of mine.  :)  But for me it's one of those things that once you notice it, you can't ignore it.  Someone else started a thread about what was keeping DAZ renres from looking completely real, and it's the minor and background details that start to trigger those "there's something wrong with this picture" warnings in our brains that in turn make the picture seem off as a whole.  I'm not even talking about the "uncanny valley"  scenarios when it comes to photorealism, but things like stairs without guardrails (which are insanely common in the DAZverse even though they're obvious deathtraps,) cars without illuminated dashboards and fixtures, large electronic devices like desktop computers with no visible means of getting power, rooms without lightswitches or electrical outlets, kids or teen's rooms without scattered clothing, etc.        

Cybersox said:

memcneil70 said:

Pet peeves persist.

Well, since I started the thread, obviously it's one of mine.  :)  But for me it's one of those things that once you notice it, you can't ignore it.  Someone else started a thread about what was keeping DAZ renres from looking completely real, and it's the minor and background details that start to trigger those "there's something wrong with this picture" warnings in our brains that in turn make the picture seem off as a whole.  I'm not even talking about the "uncanny valley"  scenarios when it comes to photorealism, but things like stairs without guardrails (which are insanely common in the DAZverse even though they're obvious deathtraps,) cars without illuminated dashboards and fixtures, large electronic devices like desktop computers with no visible means of getting power, rooms without lightswitches or electrical outlets, kids or teen's rooms without scattered clothing, etc.        

Regarding electrical power issues, I added a sub-category to Props/Electrical called 'Cables Wires Outlets'. So all those bits and bobs splattered across the runtimes get put into there and when I run into a device where I want to take the time to add the obvious source of power to it, I can find it easily. But if you don't have it, maclean has Everyday Cables, currently at $5.93 before discounts. It has US and UK outlets/plugs in one nice package.

My favorite college course was Blueprint Reading and the failure of set design to comply with basic safety standards drives me nuts. Or even take into consideration human (Genesis) size standards. A toilet that is gigantic is worthless. Or a vehicle that a character can't fit into. 

• memcneil70 said:

Cybersox said:

memcneil70 said:

Pet peeves persist.

Regarding electrical power issues, I added a sub-category to Props/Electrical called 'Cables Wires Outlets'. So all those bits and bobs splattered across the runtimes get put into there and when I run into a device where I want to take the time to add the obvious source of power to it, I can find it easily. But if you don't have it, maclean has Everyday Cables, currently at $5.93 before discounts. It has US and UK outlets/plugs in one nice package.

My favorite college course was Blueprint Reading and the failure of set design to comply with basic safety standards drives me nuts. Or even take into consideration human (Genesis) size standards. A toilet that is gigantic is worthless. Or a vehicle that a character can't fit into. 

Thanks for Everyday Cables heads-up, popped them in my cart...now if some kind person would make some NZ/AU/JAPAN plugs and sockets that'd be just bonza.

lorraineopua said:

memcneil70 said:

Cybersox said:

memcneil70 said:

Pet peeves persist.

Thanks for Everyday Cables heads-up, popped them in my cart...now if some kind person would make some NZ/AU/JAPAN plugs and sockets that'd be just bonza.

Japan's current is different but their plugs are identical to those used in the U.S., though it's relatively rare to see a 3 blade grounded version outside of an office, industrial environment, or hotel bathroom.  Australian/NZ plugs are roughly the same as the UK plugs except the positive and negative are angled blades.  The one's that are out of the pattern are the Euro plugs, which are two round pins.  That said, it's the rigged cables themselves that are the hard part, and if you look around you can find most of the plugs and plates free in .objs or as parts of other sets. I know I found a regular two pin plug somewhere, and currently there's a set with every different plug design at CG trader for $8.              

edited September 2023

I did a quick search on the computer I am rebuilding my Environments on and under my Props/Electrical/Cables Wires sub-category I found the following non-US plugs.

https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment - the set that keeps on giving. If you own this, I recommend searching it for bits and bobs thatt you need for European renders for their detailed and quality props.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-play-bedroom

https://www.daz3d.com/computer-gear

https://www.daz3d.com/pw-cliff-house - this was the Golden Ticket a few days ago. It is 40% off price now, so hold until the Golden Tickets are back if you want it now.

https://www.daz3d.com/sweet-apartment

I had found a few others, but even in Iray preview the quality was so poor there was too little detail.

May I suggest folks look at any prop sets that have primarily electronic equipment, or like maclean's set, wiring?

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • https://www.daz3d.com/top-floor-bathroom was in my Lightning Deals earlier today. (Passed on it as I don't need another bathroom.) I don't think the toilet lid opens & not even sure if it comes with one as it isn't in the description.

I remember that product! It has the shower door dropping to the floor outside of the tub. So if your character took a shower, or a splashy bath water would run everywhere. Not sure what Tesla3dCorp was thinking of to do that.

• memcneil70 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment - the set that keeps on giving. If you own this, I recommend searching it for bits and bobs thatt you need for European renders for their detailed and quality props

Oh, is that product even allowed to be sold here!? The toilet in that product has a seat!! surprise

Just kidding.

Cool finds on all those electrical outlets you listed. This one looks like the UK's outlets, where most of the others looked to be Continital European. Brings back memories of the places I've traveled to--including blowing more than a few fuses on my transformers in Germany because some of the outlets were wired backwards from the rest--since it was a rental property and the landlord refused to be bothered with it, I solved it by marking all the Hot leads on every outlet and plug with a sharpie and just paid attention to which way they were plugged in! laugh

I found another Motel Bathroom where the toilet moves but although I thought it was mentioned there was no link to this thread in it's bundle or the bathroom.

This is a typical public toilet with a moveable seat. https://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club

Found a squared off toilet in https://www.daz3d.com/sweet-wood-bathroom but the lid does lift up, but the seat does not. I for one would not want sit on that and have the corners stabbing into my thighs. The bidet is also squared off.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Atleast I remembered the tissue paper holder this time around. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

..still wonder what the fascination with putting the bathtub by a big window is.  Granted the window here is frosted but so many are clear and sometimes there's even a skylight above. 

I learned that a frosted window does not obscure your body if it is 3 - 6 inches from the water spray and becomes translucent when wet. After a year, my backyard neighbor let me know. blush

And now with all those flying camera thingies around, is there any place safe?

• They're probably assuming that those bathrooms will be in a house somewhere way out in the woods.  No nearby neighbors.  Or with a tall, stone fence outside.

Then again, maybe it exists in some parallel Earth where the general society is nudist.