And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

Found another toilet lid that opens, but the seat does not raises up in https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-patio-home-bathroom but it does have toilet paper next to the seat. Move your own trash can next to it if needed.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Do the stairs up to the tub have any support?  It looks like they are floating?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

FirstBastion said:

They are attached to the wall, but that seems to be it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited October 2023

real life architects design that [stuff] for stairs because I swear they hate old, shortsighted, arthritic people wearing bifocals

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

felis said:

FirstBastion said:

They are attached to the wall, but that seems to be it. 

As a mechanical engineer, I can only say laughcrying

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941
    edited October 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

real life architects design that [stuff] for stairs because I swear they hate old, shortsighted, arthritic people wearing bifocals

Er... real life architects DON'T design that [stuff] for stairs in the U.S. because it's not in safety code.  OSHA requires at least one handrail on any stairs in a residential unit with four or more risers and local codes often reduce that to three steps or even two.  For commercial installations, the codes will be even more strict because: lawsuits.   

Do we see these things in movies and the occasional "dream home designs"?  Yes, but unless it's Dr. Shatterhand* building his suicide garden, who would want the lawsuit risk of having a set of stairs in their building that's a literal death trap?      

(*Let's see who get's that reference first.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

the US is not the only country on this planet and some of the most populated ones don't even have OSHA cheeky

From my experience working with both the FDA, EMA, MHRA, and some of the Asian countries' government bodies can be as picky about their citizens' health and safety as the USA or more so. So I expect architechtural standards can be as well. And the reprecussions if there is a failure is a great deal drastic than just the slap on the wrist you get in the USA.

memcneil70 said:

From my experience working with both the FDA, EMA, MHRA, and some of the Asian countries' government bodies can be as picky about their citizens' health and safety as the USA or more so. So I expect architechtural standards can be as well. And the reprecussions if there is a failure is a great deal drastic than just the slap on the wrist you get in the USA.

More so, in my experience.  Then again, in countries that have nationalized health care, there's an extra incentive to regulate as it would be the country picking up the tab for any uncoverered medical injuries.  

So if you need an outhouse with a door that opens to a seat with a hole to the ground, https://www.daz3d.com/the-windmill has one for you. Suitable for most scenes. I just won't offer to dig the hole below.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited October 2023

...there was one with this old set (sadly no longer in the store).

the privy.png
    535 x 881 - 644K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I just want to say thank you to everyone who is taking the time and effort to post these items so people know what functions realistically and what doesn't.

Technically,  this gas station has a couple outhouses in the far corner of the lot.  It is its own prop,  so can be quickly used elsewhere if need.  

edited October 2023

This wild west outhouse is considerably nicer with more amenities like a lantern.  Late at night,  Lights come in handy.   Wild West Outhouse | Daz 3D

Post edited by FirstBastion on

If we're going in that direction, it should be mentioned that AntFarms Porta Potty also has a separate lid and seat.  It even has a toilet paper dispenser, but one of the old style that dispensed sheets intead of a roll.   

• And now we seem to have seats without toilets....?cheeky

https://www.daz3d.com/fairy-tale-bathroom

I mean, there are seats in there... but... um.... where do we....??? 

wink

fairies don't poop

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,388

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

And now we seem to have seats without toilets....?cheeky

https://www.daz3d.com/fairy-tale-bathroom

I mean, there are seats in there... but... um.... where do we....??? 

Just for clarity, bathroom ≠ privy as https://www.daz3d.com/garden-bathroom shows but it might explain people being banned for life from using the sauna and baths.

wink

• I think that's what the bucket is for wink

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...I thought fairies pooped fairy dust. 

kyoto kid said:

...I thought fairies pooped fairy dust. 

Actually, that's urine, hence the golden sparkly color.  It just dries in the air really quickly and falls as particles like an aerosol deodorant.  They don't really poop as they primarily live on nectar and their digestive system have evolved to utilize "passing wind" like jets to give them quick bursts of speed in the air, and anything that can't be passed via one of those two ways comes back up the front like a GIla Monster.  (Tip:  Never, EVER kiss a fairie on the lips! >*<  )      

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited October 2023

I was slightly annoyed, but not particularly surprised to discover that the Fairy Tale Bathroom doesn't have a toilet,  A lot of bathrooms made for Daz are clearly using the european definition of bathroom: The room with the bathtub in it.

I am a little surpised, though, that the Fairy Tale Bedroom seems to have a lot of firewood handily warehoused under the bed...  but there's no fireplace in eyesight, like, anywhere in there.  smileysmiley

What the flippin' heck is all that firewood for if there's nothing to burn it in?  What, do you take it all the way to the Fairy Tale Living Room and burn it there? laugh Come to that, there doesn't seem to be a stash of firewood in the living room... maybe they go all the way to the bedroom to fetch more. laughlaugh

That said, I love the Fairy Tale rooms so far, and have grabbed all the ones that have been released to this point.

On a different note...  I do hope that when we eventually get The Fairy Tale Loo, that the lid and the seat in there raises and lowers. angel

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

A lot of bathrooms made for Daz are clearly using the european definition of bathroom: The room with the bathtub in it.

Objection... In general, we haven't had bathtubs here in Finland since the 70's and we are in Europe too.

no toilet in my bathroom

it has it's own little room

all 3 houses I lived in the same, one you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the loo

I mean you can always pee in the shower if needed

• Dont' let this guy fool you  I was in Helsinki a couple of years ago in a bath with seven or eight other naked people I'd never seen before in my life. That's how they do baths in Finland.

Now and again they'll drill a hole into what you or I would call pack ice and go for a dip. Sisu is the Finnish word for this if I remember correctly - stoic, determined. Then, if you're really lucky, one of the attendants will beat you half to death with a tree to promote your circulation.

This is called bathing there. Here, we call it 'against the Geneva convention'.

edited October 2023

TimberWolf said:

Dont' let this guy fool you  I was in Helsinki a couple of years ago in a bath with seven or eight other naked people I'd never seen before in my life. That's how they do baths in Finland.

Now and again they'll drill a hole into what you or I would call pack ice and go for a dip. Sisu is the Finnish word for this if I remember correctly - stoic, determined. Then, if you're really lucky, one of the attendants will beat you half to death with a tree to promote your circulation.

This is called bathing there. Here, we call it 'against the Geneva convention'.

LOL laugh

LOL.gif
    426 x 260 - 2M
    Post edited by PerttiA on

In older homes, Lots of toilets are built in separate "water closets"   usually with a small hand sink attached to the wall.   They are often placed in thmain floor area under the stairs,  utilizing the space.  The separating helps keep the "Bathroom"  fresh and lovely. 

The first time I visited London, my tour group stayed at a hotel that was in a series of 19th C. Victorian row houses connected together. The 'bath' room was the floor above and a claw tub. The 'loo' was the floor below without a sink. The sink was in my bedroom, where I was expected to wash my face, hands and put on makeup. But it did have a lovely bow window and served a full breakfast in the morning and a 'Tea' in the afternoon. I adored it. The Underground was just down the street and I spent a marvelous few days in one of the greatest cities in 1972. So much more fun than a modern hotel in Paris a year later, except moving around on their Metro also and eating on along the Seine.

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

What the flippin' heck is all that firewood for if there's nothing to burn it in? 

That's Pinnochio's bedroom and those are his knotty toys.  (what, haven't you ever heard the expression "morning wood"?) 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I mean you can always pee in the shower if needed

As long as no one else is using it at the same time, I hope. :0