And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

My grandparents had an old large coffee can for their sons in the young men's house they built in the back of their yard in Los Angeles in the 1930s, to use during the night. Even it the 1950/60s the grandchildren were expected to use it. My father and mother took that idea, and had a coffee can for my older sister to use when they went to the drive-in movies when she was a toddler. 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265

Here's a big one, no seats of any kind ;-)

https://youtube.com/shorts/E_vZNm5h2Tk?feature=share

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited July 2023

...here's a natural one on Oahu (Hanauma Bay).  And yes it is actually called the "Toilet Bowl" by locals..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 301

You know you DAZ too much when you see a toilet (with a working) seat and go, "Huh, finally!  Y'know, I need to look up that old thread I saw months ago and let 'em know!"

Everyday Bathroom Props

You're welcome, internet!  You are welcome...

• CensoredCensored Posts: 52

Write Idea said:

You know you DAZ too much when you see a toilet (with a working) seat and go, "Huh, finally!  Y'know, I need to look up that old thread I saw months ago and let 'em know!"

Everyday Bathroom Props

I became aware of an issue that users were facing in an unrelated conversation with my partner, which prompted me to consider including a toilet in this pack, even though it wasn't initially part of the plan. I wanted to ensure that users have one readily available should they need one. Hopefully, the people here can find a use for it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Censored said:

Write Idea said:

Everyday Bathroom Props

I became aware of an issue that users were facing in an unrelated conversation with my partner, which prompted me to consider including a toilet in this pack, even though it wasn't initially part of the plan. I wanted to ensure that users have one readily available should they need one. Hopefully, the people here can find a use for it.

I can only imagine the joy when the Daz characters get the anatomical elements on their 18th birthday and are finally able to use the toilet... And the disappointment when they find out that everything that's supposed to go in to the bowl, has to be bought from third party sources first. 

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 160
    edited August 2023

I'm not sure if anyone made the "stuff that goes in the bowl" that it would even make it past the review team.  ;-)

@Censored, Just wanted to say nice work on that bundle.  There is a lot in there and very well crafted!

Kudos to Beautyworks too!

Post edited by NewGuy on
  • CensoredCensored Posts: 52

NewGuy said:

I'm not sure if anyone made the "stuff that goes in the bowl" that it would even make it past the review team.  ;-)

@Censored, Just wanted to say nice work on that bundle.  There is a lot in there and very well crafted!

Kudos to Beautyworks too!

I did feel that that possibly wouldn't get passed review, which was part of why I didn't include anything like that.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of what product would be included in the bundle alongside my sets but seeing Beautyworks "feeling sick props" set, I am glad, the product design is very nicely done, and beautifully detailed

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 301

Censored said:

That's the sign of a good business person!  Listen to the customer base wants and make it happen.  You've got a great eye for 3D work.  It looks like a beautiful set.  Excellent work!

I found an older toilet, wih a lifting seat and lid in the https://www.daz3d.com/desert-motel-room today. There was no link to this thread so I thought I would bring it to everyone's atttenion. No extra cameras in the bathroom, so that is a downside. But a working toilet!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,949

memcneil70 said:

I found an older toilet, wih a lifting seat and lid in the https://www.daz3d.com/desert-motel-room today. There was no link to this thread so I thought I would bring it to everyone's atttenion. No extra cameras in the bathroom, so that is a downside. But a working toilet!

No cameras in a hotel bathroom sounds like an upside to me.  wink

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

PerttiA said:

Censored said:

Write Idea said:

Everyday Bathroom Props

I can only imagine the joy when the Daz characters get the anatomical elements on their 18th birthday and are finally able to use the toilet... And the disappointment when they find out that everything that's supposed to go in to the bowl, has to be bought from third party sources first. 

Actually #1 is easy as you just have to add a slight tint to a water or glass shader like the free ones that comes with DS.  As for #2, look no further than https://www.daz3d.com/dog-waste-station-and-props      

memcneil70 said:

I have that one but that set has other issues, such as how the bathroom door doesn't open properly.  By default it only opens to around 75%, which brings it flush with the bed so that the user would have to get on the bed and scoot around it in order to go in and out.  Bypass the limits and the door comes off it's hinges by around 10 inches if opened outward, while it crosses through the sink if opened inward.  To fix THAT, the bed has to be slid over so that it's no longed centered between the two bed lamps on the wall, so THEY have to be moved, as well as the painting if you want it to be centered, and meanwhile the bedstand with the phone has to be moved over, and now the bed is too close to the chair and desk, etc.  It looks okay with a lot of tweaking, having to moving everything to where it would really be functional in real life can be pretty annoying.  

Well, the toilet is the main thing, isn't it? It is also its own prop and might be used for other sets, if you have enough bleach and a scrub brush. Poorly designed rooms are something I have ran into during my life, civilian and military, in the states and overseas. So this set is not that unrealistic. That may be an intentional design feature. :-)

memcneil70 said:

Well, the toilet is the main thing, isn't it? It is also its own prop and might be used for other sets, if you have enough bleach and a scrub brush.

Not sure how serious you were there, but for those reading, it really only takes 2 seconds to convert this to a perfectly clean toilet.  Just highlight the toilet with the surface tool and open surfaces tab.  The base, lid and seat are all on the same map, but the metalwork is done using Metalicity only, so if you go to Base color and delete the image map there, then change the pure 1.0 white to something a little less blinding like a .84 grey, and you have a commode that'll pass military inspection.  (Well, except for the fact that it doesn't have any pipes to connect it to the wall. :)) 

Halfway joking Cybersox. Shaders can easily do the job.

My one time buying a house, under a time pressure, was sight unseen of the inside. The previous occupant had trashed it, not cleaned it during the three years after her father had died. The hallway bathroom was disgusting, and the toilet was, a blackish-brown. No toilet bowl cleaner worked. So I had to use industrial pumice stones and a table knife I sacrificed to scrape off the crust. I finally got it clean, working every night after a 13 - 14 hour day at work. We also had to pull out all flooring to the concrete slab and lay tile, before I could move in. I found dead animals hanging in the trees for months, mentioned it to the neighbors, who told me the daughter did taxidermy in her bedroom. The neighbors were so happy I bought the house.

Found another toilet with both the seat and lid that open, https://www.daz3d.com/woodman-house-the-bathroom by SloshWerks. This is a old-fashion toilet with the tank above the toilet and a chain/handle to pull for a flush. The set also has a claw-foot tub, yet a modern-style sink bowl sitting on top of an old dresser.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,965

memcneil70 said:

My one time buying a house, under a time pressure, was sight unseen of the inside. The previous occupant had trashed it, not cleaned it during the three years after her father had died. The hallway bathroom was disgusting, and the toilet was, a blackish-brown. No toilet bowl cleaner worked. So I had to use industrial pumice stones and a table knife I sacrificed to scrape off the crust. I finally got it clean, working every night after a 13 - 14 hour day at work. We also had to pull out all flooring to the concrete slab and lay tile, before I could move in. I found dead animals hanging in the trees for months, mentioned it to the neighbors, who told me the daughter did taxidermy in her bedroom. The neighbors were so happy I bought the house.

Dear lord. 

Was a new toilet really too much?

Oso3D said:

memcneil70 said:

Dear lord. 

Could have been worse.  Instead of tossing the dead animals in the trees, she could have been flushing them in the toilet.  (That's a direct reference to the I Like Monkeys meme, for those who don't know it, as well as a way to bring the thread back on topic. :D)

• This one has lids and seats that move as well.

https://www.daz3d.com/private-practice-office

• franky85franky85 Posts: 132
    edited September 2023

This all new one also has a throne seat that open / close laugh
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-minimalist-home-bathroom

Post edited by franky85 on

Oso3D said:

memcneil70 said:

Dear lord. 

At that time, yes. Had just taken on a VA mortgage without any warning. My rental landlord gave me a 30-day-notice to move or buy his 50s era crap house, so I went looking. But it tapped out all my resources. I even had car trouble and I couldn't get a $2000.00 personal loan for a repair, but I could get a new car loan! For five years I worked 10 - 12-hour days with an hour commute on each side, often on Saturday too, along with slowly renovating my house bit by bit. 

Another toilet with moveable seat and lid available in https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment . This is of course a modern Euro style one. There is also a bidet in the props.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,965

memcneil70 said:

Oso3D said:

memcneil70 said:

Dear lord. 

At that time, yes. Had just taken on a VA mortgage without any warning. My rental landlord gave me a 30-day-notice to move or buy his 50s era crap house, so I went looking. But it tapped out all my resources. I even had car trouble and I couldn't get a $2000.00 personal loan for a repair, but I could get a new car loan! For five years I worked 10 - 12-hour days with an hour commute on each side, often on Saturday too, along with slowly renovating my house bit by bit. 

Ooof, sympathies.

memcneil70 said:

Another toilet with moveable seat and lid available in https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment . This is of course a modern Euro style one. There is also a bidet in the props.

On the subject of bidets... given how many hundreds of toilets have been made for DAZ/Poser sets, and how popular this hobby is in Japan... why have I not yet seen a single modern toilet/bidet combo like a Toto washlet, let alone one of the super-eco-conscious models that has a small sink in the lid and re-uses the used sinkwater for flushing?  We see all kind of crazy baths and fancy showers (even though the hoses for the handheld uints are rarely rigged, another pet peeve of mine), so why not upgrade the most important item in the restroom to modern standards?  

The Golden Ticket environment today at either $3.99 or $2.99 https://www.daz3d.com/pw-cliff-house has a toilet with movable seat and lid.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

memcneil70 said:

The Golden Ticket environment today at either $3.99 or $2.99 https://www.daz3d.com/pw-cliff-house has a toilet with movable seat and lid.

That's nice. Now if there was a refrigerator  for the kitchen . . there have been a number of environments with cooking areas and no place to store food in the past year or so - no pantry space, no refrigerator,  just a real nice kitchen set up for cooking.

• namffuak said:

memcneil70 said:

That's nice. Now if there was a refrigerator  for the kitchen . . there have been a number of environments with cooking areas and no place to store food in the past year or so - no pantry space, no refrigerator,  just a real nice kitchen set up for cooking.

It also has a refrigerator with a door that opens! Doesn't look like you can change the spacing between the selves tho... This set has soooo many props. :D

• Shimrian said:

namffuak said:

memcneil70 said:

It also has a refrigerator with a door that opens! Doesn't look like you can change the spacing between the selves tho... This set has soooo many props. :D

I see the fridge in the props promo image but not in the promo images of the kitchen area. Am I blind? 

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,215

sazzyazzca said:

Shimrian said:

namffuak said:

memcneil70 said:

I see the fridge in the props promo image but not in the promo images of the kitchen area. Am I blind? 

If you are... then I am too... Don't see where the fridge goes in the kitchen... maybe on the wall behind the camera???