And yet another toilet without a seat???

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

We finally got a toilet seat!  Here is a great use for a toilet seat. LOL!

toiletseatjoke.jpg
    1000 x 520 - 403K
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,171
    Sfariah D said:

We finally got a toilet seat!  Here is a great use for a toilet seat. LOL!

Ha ha ha ha! Who needs to rent a studio for fake first class cabin photos when you have the toilet seat?
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,331

Well, I was thinking of starting a thread: "Another toilet seat without a toilet" - any takers? laugh

• gcjellyfish said:

lol Glad you guys enjoyed my little fun project. This one was for you guys. I got a kick out of writing the product description. smiley

Thank you  

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited December 2023

[Darn]! Had it in my cart and forgot to check out, and now it's goneangry. I'll NEVER buy a free toilet seat again...EVER!

laughlaughlaugh

(Edited by mod for language)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • It "might" be back on Christmas Eve [going by past years which truly doesn't indicate much these days].

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

gcjellyfish said:

lol Glad you guys enjoyed my little fun project. This one was for you guys. I got a kick out of writing the product description. smiley

Fantastic... now if someone does an add-on of a red and white texture and a sprig of mistletoe, we can have an Xmas Pottie.  :)  

edited December 2023

...nope, [darn] seat won't move...(several hours later)

(Edited by mod for language)

Post edited by frank0314 on

...must have been the chili?

• ... or the strong glue holding his toupee on?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...now all we need is a freebie doorway set in a few basic styles for those rooms that don't have one.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    edited December 2023

That sounds sensible, actually. With Architrave and frame. What styles? These are the ones I think might be useful:

1. 6 Panel interior door
    2. 4 panel interior door
    3. Plank door.
    4. Glazed modern shop style door & frame
    5. Front door.
    6. Multi-panel wooden frame door.

All made so the door is slightly inside the wall line so it hides the wall. All rigged, so the door can be opened & let the user fiddle with the camera angle to avoid seeing stuff behind.

A 'toon' hole would also be useful, to hide the wall behind the door if it's open. The closest I've seen to that is Namtar3D's 'Portal' freebie, however it's circular.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • would a section plane parented act as a portal?

or a parented inner panel with advanced iray mat settings

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870

richardandtracy said:

Or maybe a render of something like this pose just with the seat and no porcelain..

Regards,

Richard

Poor Vicky, driving the bus or calling in the big white telephone, shouting for Ralph or Ulrich! 

richardandtracy said:

Or maybe a render of something like this pose just with the seat and no porcelain..

Regards,

Richard

My first reaction is that she has morning sickness (Or hung over from a night of partying?) 

...or lost her denture...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...or phone (back in the old flip-phone days) 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Sven Dullah said:

...or lost her denture...

Where did she get those, or did she use her great great great grandma's? (https://www.daz3d.com/millennium-teeth

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    edited December 2023
    Sfariah D said:

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

My first reaction is that she has morning sickness (Or hung over from a night of partying?) 

I did these poses after contracting Norovirus (winter vomiting bug) when my FIL was discharged with the virus from hospital on New Year's Day 2022, and it occurred to me that I hadn't seen any poses like the ones I'd been making naturally. Regards, Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • ainukeainuke Posts: 79

glossedsfm said:

As to the products in question, I do know that toilets in the US are different from the facilities available in other countries and cultures.  Is it possible that these artists are not from the US?

Even if that were the case, dont you think it would make sense for someone to research a culture that isnt their own before trying to recreate something from that culture?

You must be new to the DAZ store... wink

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

ainuke said:

glossedsfm said:

As to the products in question, I do know that toilets in the US are different from the facilities available in other countries and cultures.  Is it possible that these artists are not from the US?

Even if that were the case, dont you think it would make sense for someone to research a culture that isnt their own before trying to recreate something from that culture?

You must be new to the DAZ store... wink

A large percentage of DAZ artists are not based in the U.S.  However, even if they do research, there are a lot of other issues that come into play that can cause things to go wrong, such as simple translation errors, variance in copyright codes, and just plain mistakes.  Hence why the DAZ store has things like "jets" with propellers, products pop up for a few days before being pulled down for potential IP infringement, and items that simnply don't work right due to blatant technical issues.... things that SHOULD have been caught before release.  No, the real problem is that there the few QC filters that exist on the intake end at DAZ while the few that do mainly focus on whether the product will load.  Basically, you have to treat DAZ like a big flea market and keep the motto "Let the buyer beware" running through your head when you shop here...  

...a Japanese public toilet...yes

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited January 16

Doesn't look like a Japanese toilet, where's the control panel for heating, washing, drying, massage and sound system?

Or, is it the one standing outside?

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • This thread has gotten so big. I vote that the next April Fools new release be a universal morphing toliet seat with lid.

Sven Dullah said:

...a Japanese public toilet...yes

Eek! I don't want someone watch me use the comode! 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265
    edited January 16

If I recall correctly, when the door is 'locked' - the windows are supposed to turn more opaque.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Korpin.Sulat said:

This thread has gotten so big. I vote that the next April Fools new release be a universal morphing toliet seat with lid.

Did you miss the pretty decent one we got as a holiday freebie? But options are always good. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,141

Yes, it's suppose to get opaque when someone is inside:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/tokyo-toilet-project-transparent-toilets/index.html

Not sure I would trust the technology in this case though.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455

Ah, the glass that darkens on electrical demand.cool  I just hope that the default state, i.e. without electricity applied, is opaque.enlightened  Otherwise I'd hate to be in there, attending to my business, when the power goes out.frown