Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Gone said:

Thanks.

Actually, it took about an hour to build the hair and 20 minutes to render.

Of course, I did spend about 3 hours playing with it to decide how I wanted the pose to look. laugh

That's what I thought:)

So you're not using a skull cap to paint on, you apply it directly on her head? The hair is just gorgeous, but I kind of miss the cap;)

...latest one...viola de gamba;)

• GoneGone Posts: 833

The problem with a skull cap is that you have no figure to pose the hair with.

That's fine for short hair bur for long hair like this it would be a nightmare to try and figure out.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Feeling Run Down

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Joanna and Gregori

@nattaruk

I like them both, but the first one is my favorite with that high contrast lighting, beautiful:)

...a short (and stupid) story...

...all I ever said was equal rights and justice for all...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

• Catching up on the postings here. Wonderful renders from all of you. Keep it going!
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited April 2019

here you go...

barbarian_throne_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • Love the lighting!

• I suppose I should upload a couple of renders too. After The Rain
    SkyDeck test 05 8m09s.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Abandoned Factory test 02 C1 12m30s.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Must be the night for posting...

Small Magicks smaller.jpg
    1155 x 770 - 927K
  • LOL the bear and chocolate chip cookies are a nice touch.

I hadn't noticed the fan man at first glance of Throne picture. There are a lot of details in there to see.

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

After thinking on it all afternoon, I like the alleyway one the best :-)  The garbage in the corners just makes it. 

I suppose I should upload a couple of renders too. After The Rain

Someone commented on one of my gallery posts about not seeing very many 3Delight renders... I suddenly felt like one of the little people in Horton Hears a Who, crying out, "We are here!  We are here!"  cheeky

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

After thinking on it all afternoon, I like the alleyway one the best :-)  The garbage in the corners just makes it. 

Someone commented on one of my gallery posts about not seeing very many 3Delight renders... I suddenly felt like one of the little people in Horton Hears a Who, crying out, "We are here!  We are here!"  cheeky

I know what you mean i feel like that everyday!!!

I know what you mean i feel like that everyday!!!

What do you mean? There are atleast four or five of uslaugh

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Six.

Spike.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 933K
    SixDs said:

Six.

yes...smiley

We few, we proud...  Can you be a neo-Luddite if you're still using a computer? ;-)

Now I feel like rendering something, in my defiant 3Delight fashion!  Only, I'm at work crying  Still, I spent my mad money over at The Other Place last night, and I have so many ideas floating around like balloons (or airships!  bought a bunch of those) in my head...

AWE shaders, IBLM environment, HDR lighting.

AWELander.jpg
    900 x 900 - 168K

We few, we proud...  Can you be a neo-Luddite if you're still using a computer? ;-)

Now I feel like rendering something, in my defiant 3Delight fashion!  Only, I'm at work crying  Still, I spent my mad money over at The Other Place last night, and I have so many ideas floating around like balloons (or airships!  bought a bunch of those) in my head...

Neo-Luddism stipulates the use of the precautionary principle for all new technologies, insisting that technologies be proven safe before adoption, due to the unknown effects that new technologies might inspire. laugh

Conclusion: No you cannot! laugh

Airships should be safe thoughcool

Gone said:

AWE shaders, IBLM environment, HDR lighting.

Very niceyes

edited May 2019

BadHairDay

Bad Hair Day awe.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

The fire-hair post was wonderfully inspirational, wasn't it?  :-)  I might even go back and formalize mine, because I liked the way she worked out.  The OP said in a PM that they were planning on blue flames, which is why mine got a dye-job mid-concept.

flame spritw.jpg
    1359 x 2200 - 2M

The fire-hair post was wonderfully inspirational, wasn't it?  :-)  I might even go back and formalize mine, because I liked the way she worked out.  The OP said in a PM that they were planning on blue flames, which is why mine got a dye-job mid-concept.

Yup, very interesting to see all the different approaches:) Nice job!

Thank you - you, too!  I love how everyone theoretically has access to the same paintbox, and results are always so richly varied.  :-)

A bit of AWE madness for the fire hair.

Since blue was mentioned....

Garibaldi hair and brows. Hair, brows, eyes, and the blue in the suit are all set as emitters. The skin is set to 100% reflectivity.

The emitters are the only light source.

I was sure that turning Garibladi hair into an emitter would be insanely slow - but it turned out to be extremely fast. This was one of the fastest renders I've done in quite a while -- 10 minutes.

AWEFireHair.jpg
    600 x 900 - 137K
    Gone said:

A bit of AWE madness for the fire hair.

Since blue was mentioned....

Garibaldi hair and brows. Hair, brows, eyes, and the blue in the suit are all set as emitters. The skin is set to 100% reflectivity.

The emitters are the only light source.

I was sure that turning Garibladi hair into an emitter would be insanely slow - but it turned out to be extremely fast. This was one of the fastest renders I've done in quite a while -- 10 minutes.

Hair looks really cool:) I will definitely have to play with that, as soon as I learn to use that damned comb LOL. Right now I hate it so muchlaugh How do you avoid messing up the backside when fixing the front, and prevent the strands from going inside the head? I thought Patience was my middle name but not so sure anymoreangry Anyway, good to know it renders fast, pleasant surpriseyes

I'm surprised you're having such trouble with the comb. For me, it's like using a comb in real life - not like the LAMH comb. angry

Not sure why you are affecting the back of the head when working with the front. Geometry should prevent that unless you untick the option box to allow it.

Anyway, in the top row of icons the first 2 allow drag selection of strands by selecting the strand (first icon) or follicle (second icon). Once selected, any action you take with other tools will only affect the selected strands. Using the select tool and clicking in empty space will release the tool so you can work with all strands. You can select seperated groups of strands by using the shift key when selecting. If you expect to reselect the same sets regularly, you can save the selection to a named list and quickly reselect the group by ckicking the name is the save list.

The last icon on the second row will let you pull hair towards or away from the head. When I decide I don't like what I've done, or I just want to start from scratch with the hair, I use this icon to push all the strands back to the default start position. I also use it to quickly get the hair into rough position for styling. Use the comb to get the hairs started in the right direction then use this icon to pull the hair down into position. The comb can then smooth everything out. If strands go inside the head when combing, this tool can pull it out. One trick I use   is to comb all the hair flat to th head and use this tool to make sure it is completely flattened. That means that hair that went into the head get pulled to the surface. I can the use the tool to push the har away from the head uniformly.

The thing you really need to get used to is how the hair follows the strands. Hair is generated within the polygon and the direction it grows is determined by the strands at each corner of the polygon. So when the strands on one side of the poly go in one direction and the strands on the other side go in a different direction, the generated hair follows the strand closest to it. That's where the autopart slider comes in. There are other ways to control this as well but let's keep it simple for now. wink

Anywho, that's a start. Good luck.

Did a little postwork.  That was fun :-)  3Delight was well-represented in the many solutions!

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/780486/

This discussion has been closed.