Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2019

Yeah the AoA shader is a bit unstable, probably because it's a shader mixer network, and shadermixer is pretty bugged:) Saving and re starting DS usually fixes the issue, or you can go to the temp folder and delete the temp files, forcing DS to re compile the material.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • I did (delete temp files) a few times, but it just became a bug that bugged me - so I slowly switched all my characters over to ubersurface, so I never have to wander away from a massive render, and come back to cut-out people ;-)  Sad, but there it is.

Well the good thing is UberSurface renders much fasterlaugh

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited March 2019

Yeah exactly my thoughts:) I've managed to export as .obj and make a working werable for G1 but more extreme shapes will mess them up. So I mostly rely on the Genesis eybrows which come with 10 female and 10 male presets, using the good old opacity maps:D Applying the right amount of displacement will make them look ok.

I've never tried it, but adding a conforming eyebrow part (ala old Victoria 4.2) and adding Garibaldi hair (since it is free now) is probably the best solution. The eyebrow patch can be hidden since you don't need it for renders. You just need a base to paint where the eyebrows are supposed to be.

Should render really fast too and not be heavily distorted by extreme morphs. For dark/black fur or hair, you can get away with turning off diffuse completely and use a single spec/reflection on the actual hair/fur/eyebrow. You do need to recalculate the hair if the mesh is changed. But even so, it should be faster/easier than fixing distortion with fibermesh. Plus you can still reshape the eyebrows or even do a new groom if need to.

OK. Just made this to see if that works. Modelled a planar patch closely matching the eyebrow parts, turned that info a conforming figure. Uses the G2F base UV and the UV mapping isn't perfect (misaligned), but it's good enough to serve as a paint guide. Seems to work fine and I don't even have to recalculate the generated hair.

Garibaldi G2F eyebrow.jpg
    891 x 693 - 107K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Should play around with Garibaldi some day. And find time to try my hand at the Aweshader, too.

As it is, I had some old fashioned 3DL fun :)

• The website www.garibaldiexpress.com says that it is no longer available for Daz, so that doesn't seem like a viable workaround?  :-(

Garibaldi Express for DAZ Studio is no longer available. No more paid or free licenses will be issued.
    This website remains for archive purposes only.

wowie said:

Yeah exactly my thoughts:) I've managed to export as .obj and make a working werable for G1 but more extreme shapes will mess them up. So I mostly rely on the Genesis eybrows which come with 10 female and 10 male presets, using the good old opacity maps:D Applying the right amount of displacement will make them look ok.

I've never tried it, but adding a conforming eyebrow part (ala old Victoria 4.2) and adding Garibaldi hair (since it is free now) is probably the best solution. The eyebrow patch can be hidden since you don't need it for renders. You just need a base to paint where the eyebrows are supposed to be.

Should render really fast too and not be heavily distorted by extreme morphs. For dark/black fur or hair, you can get away with turning off diffuse completely and use a single spec/reflection on the actual hair/fur/eyebrow. You do need to recalculate the hair if the mesh is changed. But even so, it should be faster/easier than fixing distortion with fibermesh. Plus you can still reshape the eyebrows or even do a new groom if need to.

OK. Just made this to see if that works. Modelled a planar patch closely matching the eyebrow parts, turned that info a conforming figure. Uses the G2F base UV and the UV mapping isn't perfect (misaligned), but it's good enough to serve as a paint guide. Seems to work fine and I don't even have to recalculate the generated hair.

Tks wowie, have to try thisyes

mori_mann said:

Should play around with Garibaldi some day. And find time to try my hand at the Aweshader, too.

As it is, I had some old fashioned 3DL fun :)

Cool! I'm not sure I can do that anymoresmiley, find it hard to go back to Reyes after aweSurface hit the marketsurprise

The website www.garibaldiexpress.com says that it is no longer available for Daz, so that doesn't seem like a viable workaround?  :-(

Garibaldi Express for DAZ Studio is no longer available. No more paid or free licenses will be issued.
    This website remains for archive purposes only.

Yea, sorry to hear you didn't get it in time, and thank you again @mustakettu85 for providing the link and banging the drumssmiley

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029

The website www.garibaldiexpress.com says that it is no longer available for Daz, so that doesn't seem like a viable workaround?  :-(

Oh, Didn't know that. Bummer for those who didn't get it. Anyway, as I pointed out, the workflow works and it should work with any other strand based app.

• Well, I'll just have to live in hope of a commercial offering, then, because my timing is clearly off :-)

In the meantime, a WIP'ish sort of thing.  Is it too dark?  It looks quite bright on my monitor, but a friend of mine has a little laptop, and says it's too dark.  Opinions?  https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/756211/

It is supposed to be moody and gothic... but if most people think it's too dark, I'll lighten it, and keep it in mind for future work!

Well, I'll just have to live in hope of a commercial offering, then, because my timing is clearly off :-)

In the meantime, a WIP'ish sort of thing.  Is it too dark?  It looks quite bright on my monitor, but a friend of mine has a little laptop, and says it's too dark.  Opinions?  https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/756211/

It is supposed to be moody and gothic... but if most people think it's too dark, I'll lighten it, and keep it in mind for future work!

Hmm, maybe the creature needs some kind of rim light, he's kind of dark and the same color as the background IMO. The girl looks very nice though:) Just my two cents;)

• He is backlit.... but then there's also a vignette layer, and maybe they are cancelling each other out!  Thanks, Sven, I'll go back and tweak it, see if it helps :-)

• Is this better? 

RCD lighter2.jpg
    3000 x 1500 - 3M

Is this better? 

I like it more, the fur looks much better too:) Very nice posing and composition, postwork too, love the bloom effect;) But since you ask for opinions, I think the cropping is just a tiny bit too tight on top. But overall, very nice render indeedyes

• Is this better? 

I like it more, the fur looks much better too:) Very nice posing and composition, postwork too, love the bloom effect;) But since you ask for opinions, I think the cropping is just a tiny bit too tight on top. But overall, very nice render indeedyes

Yes, the cropping is tighter than I'd like - but I chose a dimension that makes it suitable for printing where I like to get my canvases done, so it was entirely for non-aesthetic reasons, sadly. :-)  Changing the angle messed up the illusion of the fabric of the cloak, so I just called it quits. ;-P

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Titled: Car Love

Night Hunter

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49

Nicely done. The highlights look good

• I love the light glowing on your guy's skin, Sven!

I have a new one... it's not dark and subtle lighting, though :-D

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/764881/

timeoff said:

Nicely done. The highlights look good

Tks mate:)

I love the light glowing on your guy's skin, Sven!

Thank you:)

That's very cool, I had to make my first comment in the gallery...ever=)

• Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling :-)  Thanks!

Funnily enough, I was good with it... and then before I shut down the file, I realized there was a light that was upside down... I wondered where that had gone to!  Now I'm re-rendering...

• Came back from watching Mortal Engines (what a fabulous steam-punky Miyazi-flavoured film!) and my render is finished, hooray! 

• Apparently, I can't fix the gallery picture here on Daz, but I fixed it at The Other Site ;-)  I also fixed the skirt, which weebled at the same time.  Weird.  I don't have cats, how'd they get onto my keyboard?

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49

Very imaginative, lovely piece

edited April 2019

...Night Huntress:) Made on my laptop wich has a processor the size of a chicken brain...rendertime 40+ hourssurprise. Was it worth it? Definitely notlaugh. Anyway, basically just another skin test;)

Female Night Hunter awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206

...Night Huntress:) Made on my laptop wich has a processor the size of a chicken brain...rendertime 40+ hourssurprise. Was it worth it? Definitely notlaugh. Anyway, basically just another skin test;)

The 40 hours of patience alone is impressive, but the skin and lighting look excellent.

The 40 hours of patience alone is impressive, but the skin and lighting look excellent.

Not sure that patience is the right wordblush, but thanks for your nice comment:)

• timeoff said:

Very imaginative, lovely piece

Thank you :-)

• GoneGone Posts: 833

G8F character with Garibaldi hair. I got lazy and used the supernatural fibermesh brows. :)

G8FLongHair.jpg
    600 x 900 - 89K
    Gone said:

G8F character with Garibaldi hair. I got lazy and used the supernatural fibermesh brows. :)

Wow nice one! Some hours (days?) well spent;)

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Thanks.

Actually, it took about an hour to build the hair and 20 minutes to render.

Of course, I did spend about 3 hours playing with it to decide how I wanted the pose to look. laugh

This discussion has been closed.