Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Another PWToon thing

Hellas Coast.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Beautiful.

Which ship models are these?

https://www.daz3d.com/hms-victory and Sultana, which I can't find in the store, must have been pulled:(

Thank you!

I may be diffident toward most 3dl stuff, but PWToon has my heart...

Birthday Boy.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Oso3D said:

I may be diffident toward most 3dl stuff, but PWToon has my heart...

Ok that one had me crack up, cool:)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Beautiful.

Which ship models are these?

https://www.daz3d.com/hms-victory and Sultana, which I can't find in the store, must have been pulled:(

Thank you!

That HMS Victory!.. Again you took an ancient model and made it look so much better =)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Title: Zero Landing

Zando was supposed to make the trip from the Island to the cove before his mother woke up. He got about half way to the cove and a strange storm rose up. About mid way through the day his canue washed up on shore without Zando.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Just casting some shadows...

Title: Ozymandias

Title: Penny Waits

Title: My Shadow and I

@nattaruk

Those are very nice! The first one is especially cool:)

• SergioMaleSergioMale Posts: 1
    edited January 2019

The last one I created is giant seashell lol xD I dont rly remember for what kind of project I made it, but I was pretty satisfied with the result.
    If I recall it correctly, I was using ZBrush and post edited the work in Photoshop.

23.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 276K
    Post edited by SergioMale on

Arguing with himself? Or is it a she? I never can tellfrown

• nattaruk said:

Just casting some shadows...

Superb.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited February 2019

WIP - still  getting the lights the way I want. - Needs characters and perhaps some new camera locations for the story. Two of the older Stonemason products put together - The Tin Can and The Dark Star...

tincan_new.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    hacsart said:

WIP - still  getting the lights the way I want. - Needs characters and perhaps some new camera locations for the story. Two of the older Stonemason products put together - The Tin Can and The Dark Star...

Very Nice:)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Thanks for the positive feedback folks.

@Sven Dullah Three way split personality?

@hacsart Looking good so far.

I seem to be on a bit of an Egyptian theme at the moment. Rawart's release of Horus led to this:

Title: Coming Forth By Day

The mummified Pharaoh emerges from the tomb into the light of day to be greeted by Anubis, Ma'at and Horus.

This, combined with some of the discussion about tea in Llola Lane's thread inspired this:

Title: Gasping For A Cuppa

Having been an eviscerated, desiccated corpse for several millennia, UserMa'atRe was absolutely gasping for a cuppa...

(me, first thing in the morning)

@nattaruk  Sweet! But I think he says: Forget that tea, I need a serious cup of coffee! Btw, I even look like him before my first three cups of Java:)

...one of those days...

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited February 2019

Tourists!

venice_2_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 960K
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited February 2019

...gone fishing...

A waterhole awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Trying out a 3dl version of my https://www.daz3d.com/oso-bocular-man-hd-for-genesis-8-male

I used RSSY converter, then needed to tweak eye Bump values and copy in cornea/eye moisture from another character with RSL mats.

I think it came out nicely!

(AoA lights)

Woodling 3dl.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 353K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833

G1 character, Garibaldi hair and shader, AWE surface for character and shirt, AWE environment and distant light.

AWEGaribaldi.jpg
    600 x 900 - 96K
    Oso3D said:

Trying out a 3dl version of my https://www.daz3d.com/oso-bocular-man-hd-for-genesis-8-male

I used RSSY converter, then needed to tweak eye Bump values and copy in cornea/eye moisture from another character with RSL mats.

I think it came out nicely!

(AoA lights)

LOL nice!

Gone said:

G1 character, Garibaldi hair and shader, AWE surface for character and shirt, AWE environment and distant light.

So the distant light takes care of the GB shader then? I thought you needed to convert the GB hair to awe also? Nice work!

• GoneGone Posts: 833

As Wowie said, you need a distant or spot light to make non-AWE surfaces work. The previous build of the environment sphere didn't need the boost but the current build renders non-AWE surfaces black without the extra light.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I convert the hair to AWE the only way I can get color is to use the base diffuse.

• This is still a WIP... fiddling with bits, as usual.  3Delight obviously, with AoA lights.  I am already re-rendering, as the water turned out rather different than the IPR indicated, and I'd already wandered away and hadn't noticed that it was egregiously erroneous... then there was a few dozen other tweaks to make.  And now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for wasting so much time on things that aren't on my to-do list in the first place.  Sigh.

Sprite test 1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

This is still a WIP... fiddling with bits, as usual.  3Delight obviously, with AoA lights.  I am already re-rendering, as the water turned out rather different than the IPR indicated, and I'd already wandered away and hadn't noticed that it was egregiously erroneous... then there was a few dozen other tweaks to make.  And now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for wasting so much time on things that aren't on my to-do list in the first place.  Sigh.

Lighting is gorgeous:)

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49
    edited February 2019

This is still a WIP... fiddling with bits, as usual.  3Delight obviously, with AoA lights.  I am already re-rendering, as the water turned out rather different than the IPR indicated, and I'd already wandered away and hadn't noticed that it was egregiously erroneous... then there was a few dozen other tweaks to make.  And now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for wasting so much time on things that aren't on my to-do list in the first place.  Sigh.

Terrific little render. As Sven says, the lighting is indeed gorgeous

Post edited by timeoff on
  • Thank you both for the compliment!  It's the first time I tried using the Metallicized Glass shaders for water... I nudged the shader, and the water looks better now, though it will be rendering for more hours yet.  No doubt I will do a little tweaking in PS before I declare myself content :-)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Can not wait to see the final image!

• Can not wait to see the final image!

Kind of you to say so!  I will post it here temporarily before I 'move' it to 'The Other Place' (TM).  LOL.  You can see how my water-battle ends up...

• Wow, this took longer than anticipated :-)  I twiggled and tweaked and made it happy, and then... my computer could not handle the render.  Slowly I cut back, tried again, cut some more... in the end, the Metallicized Glass had to go, the rays dropped down to 3... sigh.,  A time will come when I don't try to cook my computer's insides!  Here is a small version, no post work yet.

Pixy test compsm.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.