Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Gone said:

I'm surprised you're having such trouble with the comb. For me, it's like using a comb in real life - not like the LAMH comb. angry

Not sure why you are affecting the back of the head when working with the front. Geometry should prevent that unless you untick the option box to allow it.

Anyway, in the top row of icons the first 2 allow drag selection of strands by selecting the strand (first icon) or follicle (second icon). Once selected, any action you take with other tools will only affect the selected strands. Using the select tool and clicking in empty space will release the tool so you can work with all strands. You can select seperated groups of strands by using the shift key when selecting. If you expect to reselect the same sets regularly, you can save the selection to a named list and quickly reselect the group by ckicking the name is the save list.

The last icon on the second row will let you pull hair towards or away from the head. When I decide I don't like what I've done, or I just want to start from scratch with the hair, I use this icon to push all the strands back to the default start position. I also use it to quickly get the hair into rough position for styling. Use the comb to get the hairs started in the right direction then use this icon to pull the hair down into position. The comb can then smooth everything out. If strands go inside the head when combing, this tool can pull it out. One trick I use   is to comb all the hair flat to th head and use this tool to make sure it is completely flattened. That means that hair that went into the head get pulled to the surface. I can the use the tool to push the har away from the head uniformly.

The thing you really need to get used to is how the hair follows the strands. Hair is generated within the polygon and the direction it grows is determined by the strands at each corner of the polygon. So when the strands on one side of the poly go in one direction and the strands on the other side go in a different direction, the generated hair follows the strand closest to it. That's where the autopart slider comes in. There are other ways to control this as well but let's keep it simple for now. wink

Anywho, that's a start. Good luck.

Tks so much Gone, I really appreciate your tips. Yeah I've been struggling all nite long, and a couple of times when things were looking really really good, suddenly all strands went invisible, no way to get them back, wouldn't show up in render or in the GB editorangry...laugh And now they only exist in the event horizon of some black hole far far away in a parallell universelaugh

Did a little postwork.  That was fun :-)  3Delight was well-represented in the many solutions!

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/780486/

You made it pop even more, well done!

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Just a quick correction - I wasn't looking at Garibaldi when I wrote that. The icon I mentioned for pulling hair is on the third row - not the second. Don't know why I thought there were only 2 rows. surprise

Another note: you may have noticed that, sometimes, when you change tools, the hair suddenly jumps as though repelled by the tool. This can be fixed by  using undo (crtl+z in Windows not sure what the Mac equivalent is) to "unrepel" the hair and go again. When it happens, it's only on the first use of the new tool.

I've seen odd things happen from time to time, but I've never seen hair go invisible unless the hair count was set to zero. Putting a number in the count corrected that. The scissor tool can cause problems if used on short hair so it's better to use one of the extend tools to change hair length.

Gone said:

Just a quick correction - I wasn't looking at Garibaldi when I wrote that. The icon I mentioned for pulling hair is on the third row - not the second. Don't know why I thought there were only 2 rows. surprise

Another note: you may have noticed that, sometimes, when you change tools, the hair suddenly jumps as though repelled by the tool. This can be fixed by  using undo (crtl+z in Windows not sure what the Mac equivalent is) to "unrepel" the hair and go again. When it happens, it's only on the first use of the new tool.

I've seen odd things happen from time to time, but I've never seen hair go invisible unless the hair count was set to zero. Putting a number in the count corrected that. The scissor tool can cause problems if used on short hair so it's better to use one of the extend tools to change hair length.

Much appreciated, maybe you should start a GB thread? smiley

Well, there is a very large thread that was started when Garibaldi first came out. I have a lot of posts there. devil

edited May 2019

Love is in the Air

Forest Romance awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • timeofftimeoff Posts: 49

Love is in the Air

lol

Perhaps a visit to specsavers! :))

edited May 2019
    timeoff said:

Love is in the Air

lol

Perhaps a visit to specsavers! :))

Ok I'll go, maybe next weeklaugh

A Skullcrusher Babe.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
    edited May 2019

A Big Cat awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited May 2019

RESTRICTED HALLWAY awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

Awww!  They're so cute! 

edited May 2019

Awww!  They're so cute! 

laugh Found them in the store when looking for something completely different, yeah handsome little bastards=)

Hmm they obviously like being in focus, I tried to remove them but they just wouldn't go awaysurprise

Control Center awe pp.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Title: Pondering

She has a decision to make.

edited May 2019
    nattaruk said:

Title: Pondering

She has a decision to make.

Drink the poisoned wine or get married? Tough one, for surelaugh

Nice render:)

edited May 2019

and yet some more SF-stuff

Onboard Vanguardpp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

laughyes

and yet some more SF-stuff

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    E.Bru said:

This is one of my renders:

Excellent work! Colours are especially wonderful.

edited May 2019

..just a renaissance troll..

A Troll awe.png
    1000 x 1618 - 3M
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Cute indeed!

Amazing neon kitten!

akmerlow said:

Cute indeed!

Amazing neon kitten!

Tks very much:)

edited May 2019

Hmm, all these old 3dNightshift environments are incredibly well made, picked up quite a few during the flash(or whatever) sales;)

Odysseon Landing Bay

Landing Bay awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited May 2019

I did this one up in 3Delight progressive as always but left the sunflowers as Iray I think it turned out great!

It took about 2 hours to render it completely.

GreenHouse Effect Changes.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Here is one I did because Summer is finally on it's way here in N.B Canada but on our way to the beach we broke down!!

Titled: Break Down Towards Beach

G3F character, Garibaldi hair, AWE environment.

AWEG3FPortrait.jpg
    900 x 900 - 135K
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited May 2019

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/792146/

Why is it I never have as much fun doing what I'm supposed to be doing?  I think my art-part is about six, and just wants to run away and hide under the table to scribble... probably on the underside of the table. :-)

Post edited by Misselthwaite on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I think I know why I've probably only done a half dozen 3Delight renders in the last ten years: this render took several days to put together, not counting crashing after eight hours. In the end, I broke it down into two small scenes, then combined the renders.

Here is one I did because Summer is finally on it's way here in N.B Canada but on our way to the beach we broke down!!

Titled: Break Down Towards Beach

Yay summer has come even to Finland nowsurprise Sorry we beat you in the final of the Icehockey World Championships,cheeky, best game ever, if u ask me:)

Nice composition and story, miss the shadows:)

Gone said:

G3F character, Garibaldi hair, AWE environment.

Nice looking hair, let's see what wowie's shader can do...when he eventually releases it:)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/792146/

Why is it I never have as much fun doing what I'm supposed to be doing?  I think my art-part is about six, and just wants to run away and hide under the table to scribble... probably on the underside of the table. :-)

Is that six inches or six years? Nice one as always:)

I think I know why I've probably only done a half dozen 3Delight renders in the last ten years: this render took several days to put together, not counting crashing after eight hours. In the end, I broke it down into two small scenes, then combined the renders.

Nice action scene indeed:) Kind of surprised you had problems with that, it doesn't look like a very complex set up to me. Did you use the good old UE2 for GI?

Nice action scene indeed:) Kind of surprised you had problems with that, it doesn't look like a very complex set up to me. Did you use the good old UE2 for GI?

UE2? GI? Are they secret codes? As to the scene, it includes Nerd3d's Dust and Trail Tool (two of the tools, in fact for the smoke trail), which has about a hundred panes with transparencies in each tool; so that slows things a little. My PC is an I7-7700, with 32 Gb of ram, so it's nothing special, but not the slowest machine, either.

UE2? GI? Are they secret codes? As to the scene, it includes Nerd3d's Dust and Trail Tool (two of the tools, in fact for the smoke trail), which has about a hundred panes with transparencies in each tool; so that slows things a little. My PC is an I7-7700, with 32 Gb of ram, so it's nothing special, but not the slowest machine, either.

UE2=UberEnvironment2, GI= Global Illumination (ambient /indirect light) :) Content library/light presets/Omnifreaker. Known for slowing down renders with a lot of transparent stuff:) The Dust and Trail tool is something I've wanted for a loong time, I own everything from Nerd3D except this one. It's over at Rendo now, right?

UE2=UberEnvironment2, GI= Global Illumination (ambient /indirect light) :) Content library/light presets/Omnifreaker. Known for slowing down renders with a lot of transparent stuff:) The Dust and Trail tool is something I've wanted for a loong time, I own everything from Nerd3D except this one. It's over at Rendo now, right?

I got the Dust and Trail tool from Hivewire, and no, I didn't use UE2 or GI for lighting, as I still have https://www.daz3d.com/light-dome-pro which sure has dropped in price since I bought it in 2006! I guess that slows things, too.

I got the Dust and Trail tool from Hivewire, and no, I didn't use UE2 or GI for lighting, as I still have https://www.daz3d.com/light-dome-pro which sure has dropped in price since I bought it in 2006! I guess that slows things, too.

Tks, I'll have a look over there;) Aah, lightdome:) Looks good! I have one version, which requires postwork to composite the stuff, I find it a bit tedious so I've actually used it just a couple of times. Some of the backgrounds are quite nice, though:) (Some of them have those jpeg-typical compression artefacts, which makes them unusable)

This discussion has been closed.