Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

@timeoff Stop teasing:) I can't see the pic you postedsurprise

• timeofftimeoff Posts: 49

Actually I was just complementing hacsart on one of his pics! As is now obvious, I am clueless at how to comment or indeed how to properly post pics :)

timeoff said:

Actually I was just complementing hacsart on one of his pics! As is now obvious, I am clueless at how to comment or indeed how to properly post pics :)

Aah ok, yeah it's official nowdevil

edited October 2018

So this was my very first go at wowie's awesome awe-stuff:

THE LANDER AWE.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited October 2018

...and my second;)

SUNSET BEAUTY AWE.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M

Wow! I particularly like that first one, very awesome indeed!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...holey moley, both are great, but the second one looks fantastic seems the SSS and GI works really well with skin (and both editions of SBP I have also build skins for 3DL).

2 more days before my SS deposit and in the cart it goes.

timeoff said:

Wow! I particularly like that first one, very awesome indeed!

kyoto kid said:

...holey moley, both are great, but the second one looks fantastic seems the SSS and GI works really well with skin (and both editions of SBP I have also build skins for 3DL).

2 more days before my SS deposit and in the cart it goes.

Tks guys, this really opens up a brand new world for 3Delight userssmiley

• MazhMazh Posts: 485
    edited October 2018

Test render with the Awesurface Kit.

AweEnvironment is the only light source (HDRI from HDRIHaven)

G2F = Awe G2F Preset

Car Paint = Awe Dielectric IOR 1.7

Glass and goggle lenses = Awe Glass 3

Seats and clothing = Awe Fabric

Chrome = Awe Chrome (what really ?)

Landscape = Awe Landscape HDRI

Rendered with 3DL Scripted Raytracer Final

Slightly postworked, Contrast and Noise

AweSurface_Test.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 530K
    Post edited by Mazh on
    edited October 2018

I'll add an awe shot too...

awe 8.png
    615 x 800 - 745K
    Post edited by timeoff on
    Mazh said:

G2F = Awe G2F Preset

Love it! Car paint works very well:)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Decided to kick the wheels on PWToon again...

Here's my Otter with a smidge of Toon Generation and enlarged eyes.

Otter Toon.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 141K
    edited October 2018

Couple of more tests/WIPs... need more tweaking but here they are anyway:

THE PUBLIC INDOOR POOL AWE 1.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited October 2018

This was with progressive enabled, rendered a bit faster with the character added:

THE PUBLIC INDOOR POOL AWE 2.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    Oso3D said:

Decided to kick the wheels on PWToon again...

Here's my Otter with a smidge of Toon Generation and enlarged eyes.

Cute;)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

This was with progressive enabled

If you're using the scripted rendering thing (and you should now, no excuses not to, really), it uses the raytracer exclusively. So, progressive is superfluous unless you're specifically looking for what it is intended to do = quick previews.

It is still hardwired to use the box 1x1 filter - it's a 3Delight built-in thing, no way to change that. This brings aliasing and the like.

Yes it may be faster than a good filter like Gaussian, but the quality suffers.

If you're using the scripted rendering thing (and you should now, no excuses not to, really), it uses the raytracer exclusively. So, progressive is superfluous unless you're specifically looking for what it is intended to do = quick previews.

It is still hardwired to use the box 1x1 filter - it's a 3Delight built-in thing, no way to change that. This brings aliasing and the like.

Yup I had to try progressive but it was not significantly faster with this sort of stuff, but the first renderpass is really fast, so you see what it's gonna look like in a minute or two.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Hmm.. I think I need this!

Mazh said:

G2F = Awe G2F Preset

Love it! Car paint works very well:)

OK.. so I bought the AWESurface.. looks pretty good - but if using HDRI's, has anyone figured out how to create a shadow catch ground plane, sort of what the DT Pro Sets and IBL master use?

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    hacsart said:

OK.. so I bought the AWESurface.. looks pretty good - but if using HDRI's, has anyone figured out how to create a shadow catch ground plane, sort of what the DT Pro Sets and IBL master use?

I'll make one. unless mustakettu want to release hers. wink

edited October 2018

wow! Thats customer service!  looking forward to it!  Here's first light with your product ....

AWE_test_2.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 2M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    wowie said:
    hacsart said:

I'll make one. unless mustakettu want to release hers. wink

Mine should work with HDRIs all right, but I haven't yet implemented shadowing from pathtraced area lights. Which should obviously be trivial and may well fit even in the same trace() call LOL But I got distracted.

Tell you what, what if you finish it and put it out together with the Radium lights?

edited October 2018

Yup I had to try progressive but it was not significantly faster with this sort of stuff, but the first renderpass is really fast, so you see what it's gonna look like in a minute or two.

Yeah it is. That first pass is actually irradiance caching. =) 

This whole series of events leading up to aweSurface - what we call "движуха" in Russian, it's like "activity" but more than that - started back then - how many years ago? - when Poser users got irradiance caching in their updated Firefly renderer and began to ooh and aah at their newly found IDL speed.

And I was, like, "don't tell me that Firefly hack has something a pro renderer does not!" 

3Delight obviously had had irradiance caching for a while up to that point... but it wasn't really documented, and the DS world knew nothing about that. So I dug out that information, and the rest is history, as they say.

Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited October 2018

Mine should work with HDRIs all right, but I haven't yet implemented shadowing from pathtraced area lights. Which should obviously be trivial and may well fit even in the same trace() call LOL But I got distracted.

Tell you what, what if you finish it and put it out together with the Radium lights?

Sure. Just send it via email. Already began work on mine, just finished adding the option for light linking and trace sets.

Here's a very quick and noisy test. Already have it working with point/spot/distant light with raytrace shadows/deep shadow maps and also path traced area lights. Didn't test it on UberArea though.Haven't worked on the 'shadow' from HDRI/GI too. Shader Builder isn't cooperating right now. laugh

Everyone, if you haven't already, let's give a big 'thank you' to Kettu. Her path traced area light shader and the shadow catcher will be released as updates to the freebie. Plus, she did the detective work on discovering the irrradiance caching option for 3delight. Kettu and me have put in a feature request for the option to be exposed in the renderer settings, but those tickets are still open (like for 4 to 5 years now?).

test3.jpg
    418 x 656 - 16K
    test2.jpg
    418 x 656 - 8K
    test1.jpg
    418 x 656 - 8K
    Post edited by wowie on
    wowie said:

Kettu and me have put in a feature request for the option to be exposed in the renderer settings, but those tickets are still open (like for 4 to 5 years now?).

Not yet five, I think =)

wowie said:

Everyone, if you haven't already, let's give a big 'thank you' to Kettu.

Indeed! She's been consistently informative and helpful since I first started lurking around here years ago! Many thanks :) 

timeoff said:
    wowie said:

Everyone, if you haven't already, let's give a big 'thank you' to Kettu.

Indeed! She's been consistently informative and helpful since I first started lurking around here years ago! Many thanks :) 

Thanks so much, folks!

And here's to the lurkers!

edited October 2018

Still surprised how quick this awe stuff works, barely 11 minutes for the 1300x1000 RaytracerFinal version!

trio.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by timeoff on
    wowie said:

Sure. Just send it via email. Already began work on mine, just finished adding the option for light linking and trace sets.

Here's a very quick and noisy test. Already have it working with point/spot/distant light with raytrace shadows/deep shadow maps and also path traced area lights. Didn't test it on UberArea though.Haven't worked on the 'shadow' from HDRI/GI too. Shader Builder isn't cooperating right now. laugh

Great news wowie!

wowie said:

Everyone, if you haven't already, let's give a big 'thank you' to Kettu. Her path traced area light shader and the shadow catcher will be released as updates to the freebie. Plus, she did the detective work on discovering the irrradiance caching option for 3delight. Kettu and me have put in a feature request for the option to be exposed in the renderer settings, but those tickets are still open (like for 4 to 5 years now?).

Absolutely! THANKS Kettu for helping out so many times and for all the work you've done to help users get the most out of 3Delight! And for being straight and honest too, I value that a lotsmiley

timeoff said:

Still surprised how quick this awe stuff works, barely 11 minutes for the 1300x1000 RaytracerFinal version!

Nicely done! Wow that's fast=) I think I'll try something with less pools in it, nextlaugh

Yeah it is. That first pass is actually irradiance caching. =) 

This whole series of events leading up to aweSurface - what we call "движуха" in Russian, it's like "activity" but more than that - started back then - how many years ago? - when Poser users got irradiance caching in their updated Firefly renderer and began to ooh and aah at their newly found IDL speed.

And I was, like, "don't tell me that Firefly hack has something a pro renderer does not!" 

3Delight obviously had had irradiance caching for a while up to that point... but it wasn't really documented, and the DS world knew nothing about that. So I dug out that information, and the rest is history, as they say.

Heheh, now it all makes sense to me, tks for sharingsmiley! I'm glad you felt the way you felt, back then:)

This discussion has been closed.