Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

No fantom switch, alas.

So here's probably one of my best renders ever...

Took a LOT of work to tease that look out of the hiver's skin. Lots of experiments.

Properly speaking, from what I understand, Traveller hivers are maybe half that size, but I liked it that way.

Hiver2 Promenade.png
    2160 x 2160 - 7M

I'm plagued with 'omfg my stuff sucks' whenever I put together my own designs, but what the hey.

Shir Battleship.png
    1748 x 1080 - 2M
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

What do you mean Wil? The last one is it suppose to be out in outer space?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm really really super excited about Iray to 3DL converter here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/139326/irayto3delight-conversion-script

Here's an initial test, a perfect example. The I13 Steakhouse, which is 'Iray only.' Well, no more!

Took me maybe 5 seconds to convert, then a lot more time fiddling with lighting (as usual) and deciding how to manage the lights.

Wow this looks really great!

Liana said:

Yes, it's a space ship. Which looks ok until I look at, like, any of the store spaceships then I rock myself under my desk.

Liana said:

Yes, it's a space ship. Which looks ok until I look at, like, any of the store spaceships then I rock myself under my desk.

I think the ship looks great, maybe you need different background? First thing that came to my mind when I saw it, but then you might not be done either. :)

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

I've been working now and again on an older texture set for M4 -- MaskEdit's M4 SkinZ, which is no longer for sale. I liked the details, especially the not squeaky clean fingernail textures, but it was always difficult to get it to look good in DS. The skin color was kind of splotchy and a little too red, so I took a shot at trying to even all that out. Not done tinkering yet, but it's an improvement over what it used to look like whenever I'd rendered it before. 

And I got around to picking up the 200+ face morphs set for the G3 Male and did a little dial spinning. One of my main complaints about the Genesis line is that their dial morphs sets just don't compare to what was available for M4/V4. As someone who uses dial morphs a lot, this was an issue. I'm still getting used to what these dials do but I like the sets and will have to play around with them a bit more -- and it might inspire me to actually pick up more Genesis 3 content. I'm lagging way behind!

ME_SkinZ_M4.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 618K
    G3M_DAZ-Morphs_Face200+Morphs.jpg
    1450 x 850 - 419K

Oh, and does the G3M have an adam's apple morph somewhere? I looked but didn't find one, unless I overlooked it.

• mmalbert said:

Oh, and does the G3M have an adam's apple morph somewhere? I looked but didn't find one, unless I overlooked it.

Geeze definitly needs an adams apple!
  • http://www.daz3d.com/ivan-7 his adams apple got punched in when he was in the ring. The insurance company never paid up for reconstructive surgery as is always the way for insurance companies.

http://www.daz3d.com/henryk-for-michael-7 now there is a beautiful adams apple. It might have been you need to buy this one to get the morph.

• http://www.daz3d.com/kyle-hd-for-michael-7 also has a somewhat pronounced adam's apple.

I was going through a few of my g3m men that I aquired in these recent sales. Most show the trachea down the neck and look more feminin.

http://www.daz3d.com/george-hd-for-genesis-3-male-s George may or may not have one. I don't know for sure yet because my computer is not up and running yet. He doesn't have a goiter for all I know or a thyroid problem. The insurance company won't say. He may just have a heathy appetite for mom's apple pie.

edited January 2017

Yup, G3M definitely needs an adam's apple morph. M4"s Morphs++ didn't come with one, either, but Morphus did, which is what I used in the above image of M4. There was also a free morph for that floating around the Renderosity forums at one time, but I don't know if it's still available.

I didn't want to use any of the G3M base shapes, though. I wanted to use just dials.The texture I used on the G3M was an xmas freebie. It's very smooth. Not sure if the iray materials change that at all, as I can't be arsed to wait over an hour for a test render. 

Also noted that a few ibl lights I used to test the altered texture changed the hair color of Colin Hair on M4. One it was white, another time a brilliant green. :/

Edited to add that I checked again and nope, no individual adam's apple morph in either the DAZ Head/Body morphs for G3M or the 200+ Head morphs set. Which is too bad. Michael 7 has a nice one, but not having the ability to dial one up without using a full body/head from another character is a bit of a disappointment.

Post edited by mmalbert on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    mmalbert said:

I've been working now and again on an older texture set for M4 -- MaskEdit's M4 SkinZ, which is no longer for sale. I liked the details, especially the not squeaky clean fingernail textures, but it was always difficult to get it to look good in DS. The skin color was kind of splotchy and a little too red, so I took a shot at trying to even all that out. Not done tinkering yet, but it's an improvement over what it used to look like whenever I'd rendered it before. 

And I got around to picking up the 200+ face morphs set for the G3 Male and did a little dial spinning. One of my main complaints about the Genesis line is that their dial morphs sets just don't compare to what was available for M4/V4. As someone who uses dial morphs a lot, this was an issue. I'm still getting used to what these dials do but I like the sets and will have to play around with them a bit more -- and it might inspire me to actually pick up more Genesis 3 content. I'm lagging way behind!

Try using GenX2 with the G3 addon to convert morphs to G3.  I just converted a ton of G1's DD Elf Ear morphs to G2.  Also you could grab morph packages for other generations and do the same... but you will need LOTS of patience to convert each individual morph.

I set up G1 with the desired ear morph, then did a quick render of the ear only.  I used this as my thumbnail for the G2 version.  It works great.

Thanks for the suggestion on GenX2. I don't have it but might pick it up some day. I'm fine with using older figures along with newer ones so I don't have much urgent need to go through all that kind of effort.

Still think an adam's apple morph for male morph sets should be standard though.

mmalbert said:

Thanks for the suggestion on GenX2. I don't have it but might pick it up some day. I'm fine with using older figures along with newer ones so I don't have much urgent need to go through all that kind of effort.

Still think an adam's apple morph for male morph sets should be standard though.

I agree.  Adams Apples are not on the base characters but come with the muscularity/musculature morphs for each generation. 

I'm certainly not spending another $20 on muscle morphs; I have no interest in bodybuilders or super hero characters, though I know these are very popular with other users.

But that's a basic shape morph and should be with the regular DAZ face/body set, imo. I mean, wiry and thinner guys have adam's apples too.

The muscle morphs for M4/V4 were the only morphs sets I didn't buy for Generation 4, lol! I don't know if there was a morph for that neck feature. I didn't see it listed in the store page. But since I have Morphus as well as M4 Enhanced, it's not an issue for me at this point.

Thread about armor in Commons got me thinking.

Took Order of the Wolf, Justiciar helmet, and a few other things and voila...

Sciarmor.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

No fantom switch, alas.

So here's probably one of my best renders ever...

Took a LOT of work to tease that look out of the hiver's skin. Lots of experiments.

Properly speaking, from what I understand, Traveller hivers are maybe half that size, but I liked it that way.

Awesome! =)

And is it sentient, or used like a mount?

I think I haven't posted my second "Raining men again" entry here yet... there are fireflies especially noticeable on the window glass, but I didn't bother to remove them, just pretended they are some sort of frost (it's a winter landscape photo outside) and blurred them somewhat in GIMP (Partha's experimental 2.9 build that supports HDR editing - basically what I tonemap in these days, since this build integrates with NIK Collection, and I can get better controls with AnalogEfex than with Picturenaut; maybe ColorEfex is even better, but it crashes and AnalogEfex does not... and it vignettes and adds film grain, too).

// click for bigger //

I am not sure I positioned the compass properly as regards balance - the "handle" may well be heavier than the "legs". It's been years since I used one.

As usual - custom shaders, pathtracing, scripted rendering, EXR, tonemapping. I've never been someone who can get the perfect colour balance right away without further grading.

The way I imagine the scene the aliens are sightseeing on a human station.

But it's just a one off render.

I was sad thinking about how my web comic has (almost) no aliens in it, but then I realized the machine intelligences are potentially varied.

Ive made a robotic version of the hiver, but going to keep it under wraps until it appears in comic. :)

Robotic version, interesting =)

edited January 2017

Although I don't know if I can restrain myself that long. hrm

Oh, and I adore the wood in that render, Mustakettu.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Thread about armor in Commons got me thinking.

Took Order of the Wolf, Justiciar helmet, and a few other things and voila...

Great kitbashing, dude!

Kitbashing and playing with surfaces are my favorite CGI things to do. ;)

edited January 2017

Eh, broke down and rendered it. Though still getting used to controlling lighting and samples; I'm just glad the webcomic pages are fairly small so render fast. A REALLY high quality larger image could take an hour or two. Meh.

Lyubee (six arm) xeno type mai and a Viridian mai android hanging out.

In Far Shoals, mai generally fall into hard frame, android, or xeno types. Hard frames are the oldest designs, from the first machine civilizations of the asteroid belt. Mai groups tend to embrace either wairen (alien) or xihuan (humanlike) philosophies. Each have advantages.

Wairen tend to embrace social and technological experimentation, while xihuan see virtue in the long traditions and styles of humans and other naturally evolved organisms.

As a consequence, wairen mai can be far more advanced, but at the cost of social breakdown or Eruption into short-lived god plagues.

Lyubee scene.png
    1747 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Oso3D on

The colors are cool Wil. :)

Eh, broke down and rendered it. Though still getting used to controlling lighting and samples; I'm just glad the webcomic pages are fairly small so render fast. A REALLY high quality larger image could take an hour or two. Meh.

Lyubee (six arm) xeno type mai and a Viridian mai android hanging out.

In Far Shoals, mai generally fall into hard frame, android, or xeno types. Hard frames are the oldest designs, from the first machine civilizations of the asteroid belt. Mai groups tend to embrace either wairen (alien) or xihuan (humanlike) philosophies. Each have advantages.

Wairen tend to embrace social and technological experimentation, while xihuan see virtue in the long traditions and styles of humans and other naturally evolved organisms.

As a consequence, wairen mai can be far more advanced, but at the cost of social breakdown or Eruption into short-lived god plagues.

Cool! Is that a procedural texture on the xeno type, or tiles?

...and you do have some sort of a database for all the worldbuilding info, right?

Oh, and I adore the wood in that render, Mustakettu.

Thanks! That preset uses a simple "varnish layer" model with some absorption, it's mathematically very simple but looks nice. There's a sci article floating out there describing it, and it's also used in 3Delight Maya materials.

edited January 2017

Thanks! That preset uses a simple "varnish layer" model with some absorption, it's mathematically very simple but looks nice. There's a sci article floating out there describing it, and it's also used in 3Delight Maya materials.

Is that a material or shader preset? I was looking at getting a subsurface shader tutorial by AoA to learn more about it.

Post edited by Liana on
  • Been playing in 3Delight today.  Rendered in 3DL with post in both Filter Forge and Gimp 2.9 Beta.

Gallery Link

Tiles. And the 'extras' portion of my web comic explains some stuff, particularly mai and humans.

This discussion has been closed.