Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• edited December 2016
    The greenscreen is a photo from Flickr. I am looking for the linkback to the original page there. The red head is Suzanne O'Brien when she was young and her friends, all actors.

So I did a 3Delight render a while ago of the old west from here at Daz. Keyed out the green from the photo. Made it sepia and added dust. All done on my Android phone with photoshop or autodesk apps. Quick and sloppy but just wanted to show people what I could do but that I could do it better with my desktop PC and Mac when I finally get my Daz computer up and running. Been so long, I probably forgot how to use Daz Studio.

2833307579_58c9e4555b_o.jpeg
    3872 x 2592 - 3M
    Composite 03.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    PSX_20160922_224903.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

Three members of the Tian clone family of the Viridian Cluster. The family has a tendency to individualize hair color and a cheek tattoo, which is particularly helpful in uniform.

Viridian Tian Clones1.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M

The Cobalt Vanguard's primary rival is the Imperium of Kanthor, which has a technological edge but is extremely balkanized.

The IK Standard Frigate doesn't pack the punch of many other ships in the frigate and cruiser range, but it can maintain a high rate of fire and carry a variety of specialty loads, particularly ECM/ECCM.

The primary advantage is that the frigate is small and cheap while being a decently capable ship.

Imperium of Kanthor Standard Frigate.png
    1527 x 1080 - 678K
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    The greenscreen is a photo from Flickr. I am looking for the linkback to the original page there. The red head is Suzanne O'Brien when she was young and her friends, all actors.

So I did a 3Delight render a while ago of the old west from here at Daz. Keyed out the green from the photo. Made it sepia and added dust. All done on my Android phone with photoshop or autodesk apps.

Very nice compositing job!

I debated how to light this scene. I was going to do the 'easiest' approach and use arealight, but the render would probably take 5 hours. I suppose the best approach would have been to place point lights under each set of bulbs ... but I tried a simple AoA Ambient light, decided it looked good enough.

Thanks to http://www.threednd.com/ for the alien models!

This render took me back 30 years to playing Star Frontiers as a teen. Heh.

(The dralasite skin is mostly just UberSurface2 with 'skim milk' subsurface preset, I LOVE how it turned out. Both it and the vrusk, I shut off regular specular and used Reflection, which I like a lot better for added realism)

Star Frontiers.png
    1748 x 1080 - 3M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928

...that looks really good. 

• edited January 2017

I debated how to light this scene. I was going to do the 'easiest' approach and use arealight, but the render would probably take 5 hours. I suppose the best approach would have been to place point lights under each set of bulbs ... but I tried a simple AoA Ambient light, decided it looked good enough.

Thanks to http://www.threednd.com/ for the alien models!

This render took me back 30 years to playing Star Frontiers as a teen. Heh.

(The dralasite skin is mostly just UberSurface2 with 'skim milk' subsurface preset, I LOVE how it turned out. Both it and the vrusk, I shut off regular specular and used Reflection, which I like a lot better for added realism)

"What do you mean the dog ate your homework?" Thank you William for the threednd site. Did you render this in poser?

Thank you mustakettu85. This was done sloppy but just a test on android. If I was to do it for real, I would do it in Final Cut Pro or After Effects for movies or Photoshop on PC for still image.

So I did a 3Delight render a while ago of the old west from here at Daz. Keyed out the green from the photo. Made it sepia and added dust. All done on my Android phone with photoshop or autodesk apps.

Very nice compositing job!

edited January 2017

I don't have Poser. That's good old 3dl!

Lit by AoA Ambient light, which is a great set.

Threednd models are made for Poser but I've had no problems working with them in Studio. The rigging is generally good, though sometimes details are skipped. Granted, it's FREE.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Here's a hodgepodge of Rawart dragon mods set in Fern Lake. In 3DL, Fern Lake can render in about 20, 30 mins, even at large size/scale down.

In Iray, oh, a dozen hours, maybe?

Wyvern at Fern Lake.png
    1748 x 1080 - 3M

...that looks like it could have been rendered in Carrara Pro.  Nice.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

That is a great scene Wil. I like all the renders here. :)

• Here's a hodgepodge of Rawart dragon mods set in Fern Lake. In 3DL, Fern Lake can render in about 20, 30 mins, even at large size/scale down.

That is fantastic! Did you try in iray as well?

I did, but it went to cpu and then I remembered how often I've failed to fit Fern Lake into my video ram. So hey. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Maybe someone here can give me an answer to this question in which I know has already been answered in another thread I had posted in, what causes 3Delight to take forever to start rendering? Using Daz 4.9 and laptop has Quad core AMD 6 gig Ram 1 T HD.

to give you an example of why I am asking this, I am trying to render a scene in 3Delight and waited about 15 mins (My time not Daz's) and nothing was rendering.

I did this 3 times in a row even rebooted thinking maybe where I had been on the laptop a while maybe it was causing a lag for Daz.

That was not the case because when I tryed once again it did it again.

I was told it could be the AoA SSS that is causing this to happen is that true or could it be something else?

I was told it could be the AoA SSS that is causing this to happen is that true or could it be something else?

Can be AoA Subsurface, or multilayered transparencies (think a complex hair model) left to their own devices (not excluded from occlusion), or using the "default" mode (non-"progressive) but trying to render intensive raytracing effects (like occlusion or soft raytraced shadows through those transparencies)... hard to say when we don't know what is in the scene.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Thanks Mustakettu85!! I was told how to fix it by MJC so it is all good now and rendering finally.

I changed everything in the scene to omni Uber Base Shader and it started rendering it out and is still rendering...once it is done I will post the render.

• Thanks Mustakettu85!! I was told how to fix it by MJC so it is all good now and rendering finally.

I changed everything in the scene to omni Uber Base Shader and it started rendering it out and is still rendering...once it is done I will post the render.

I look forward to seeing this.

Yeah, AoA SSS can create great results... but I don't think it's worth it and vastly prefer the options and speed of UberSurface.

...interesting, I used SSS on the characters in the picture of the two girls at the bus stop and the 3DL version rendered in under 10 min at 1,200 x 900.

• kyoto kid said:

...interesting, I used SSS on the characters in the picture of the two girls at the bus stop and the 3DL version rendered in under 10 min at 1,200 x 900.

link or post please?

Yeah, and if they were US probably would have taken even less time. ;)

Here's another awesomely weird threednd model.

(Getting the hang of using US2 SSS. Specifically, that you have to reduce Diffuse Strength to see more contribution from SSS. Aah.)

Hiver.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

Hi all, happy new year! Thanks Will (I'm looking forward to your comic continuing) and kk for your encouraging comments about my previous post. One of the reasons I love 3Delight is its separation of direct and indirect lighting, being able to adjust relative levels is wonderful; if only this were possible in real life photography would be so much easier!

Anyway here is another example of my nostalgia for film based photography. In particular in this case I am trying to emulate the warmth of printing on Agfa's Portriga printing paper.

• nattaruk said:

Hi all, happy new year! Thanks Will (I'm looking forward to your comic continuing) and kk for your encouraging comments about my previous post. One of the reasons I love 3Delight is its separation of direct and indirect lighting, being able to adjust relative levels is wonderful; if only this were possible in real life photography would be so much easier!

Anyway here is another example of my nostalgia for film based photography. In particular in this case I am trying to emulate the warmth of printing on Agfa's Portriga printing paper.

This is a warm scene. I like the lines, the light and shadows as well as the textures.
    kyoto kid said:

link or post please?

...here's the pic.  This was part of a parallel test bwtween 3DL, Iray and LuxRender (the latter which never fully completed as even after 13 hours convergence was at best 30%)

here comes the bus 4_8 3DL.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    nattaruk said:

...lovely.  One little adjustment would be to add a bit of softness to the shadows from the light coming through the window (something like 0.1).

Yeah I try to go for the look of Kodachrome or Ektacrhome 64 for my outdoor shots. 

Love the new dragons I picked up.

This... is one of those weird things that it took a huge amount of work to get an effect people won't pay attention to. Specifically, the 'silted' water + ripple. Lots of failed experiments with subsurface and whatnot before I arrived at this.

The ripples are from Sickleyield's ripple planes, which are designed for Iray. Annoyingly, Iray and 3DL handle layered refraction much differently -- Iray tends to take 'most intense' refraction of a surface. 3DL just processes each layer normally. So if I put a refraction ripple panel on a refraction water surface, in Iray it looks pretty natural, in 3DL it looks like poo.

So I ended up placing extra planes around the ripple panel, and carefully lining up edges. The 'silted water' effect was an ubervolume adjusted a lot.

Whew.

All for an effect people won't notice. Ah well. ;)

And, as usual, it was 'being dragged down the garden path.' ORIGINALLY I was just intending on doing Fern Lake 3DL with a silt effect. Then I thought 'oo, add a cool new critter.' Then I thought 'hmm, I need ripples or it looks silly' and so on .

Komodo at Fern Lake 3DL.png
    1747 x 1080 - 3M
  • edited January 2017
    Not poo but muddy with green algae in it. Yeah, if they don't comment on the craft but on the scene, you did a great job. So sorry for this comment but that is freakin' fantastic!

Yeah, and if they were US probably would have taken even less time. ;)

Here's another awesomely weird threednd model.

(Getting the hang of using US2 SSS. Specifically, that you have to reduce Diffuse Strength to see more contribution from SSS. Aah.)

The webpage says it's from Traveler system. The monster looks very cool. I wonder if there are any CRPGs based on this system...

I remembered I did render out a passable version of the cult DnD monster, the beholder from the Threednd site. There's something going on with the UV of the eyes, and I never got around to replacing them with something like Arki's ideas, but still.

// there are similar monsters in other settings, like Spiderweb Software's Avernum series, where they are called gazers and eyebeasts. I think their sprites were rendered using this DAZ model. //

beholder_a.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited January 2017

I just completed this render where I was trying to replicate emissive lighting.

I adjusted the ambient and specular up for the tech panels and removed all glossiness.  I made use of AoA's Advanced Lighting, ambient and spotlights: I set the lighting control to only illuminate the panels to brighten them.  I did the same with the ceiling lights too.  I added a blue linear point light at her feet and turned that up.

Here is the final render, and the second one is done in Photoshop to add the soft lighting.

Focal Point Final.jpg
    1780 x 1780 - 2M
    Focal Point 2, 1780x1780.jpg
    1780 x 1780 - 2M
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Here's a hodgepodge of Rawart dragon mods set in Fern Lake. In 3DL, Fern Lake can render in about 20, 30 mins, even at large size/scale down.

I agree, Will.  It would take quite a while in Iray.  Very nice by the way.

This discussion has been closed.