Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,956

Thanks for the tip, Mustakettu, I'll have to experiment with that.

So I've been debating returning to my webcomic that I stopped back in April. Among other things, I think I will try to released it in chapters on a schedule of 'whenever I get around to finishing them,' rather than burning out on trying to do something weekly.

Started opening up characters and revamping them with stuff I've learned/purchased over the last 9 months, and I'm very pleased with things. Among other things, I think back when I last tried to use 3DL I was still slogging away at UE2 (ugh) and didn't have AoA Lights and so on. Plus I have a slew of clothing correctors now that I didn't have then, PLUS PLUS VMD to correct other stuff...

So here's Luyeva Siljean. Very pleased.

And for the curious, my webcomic is here: http://thefarshoals.thecomicseries.com/

The art/render style wanders all over the blasted place, because I was constantly dissatisfied and trying to apply different ideas. Here on out I should manage a much more consistent art style, though.

Luy in room.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • GoneGone Posts: 833

Staring into the distance on purpose. laugh

Gazing.jpg
    900 x 900 - 70K

Luy's sister, Emily.

Emily in corridor.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M

And another Far Shoals character, the shen (digital spirit) Cricket.

Cricket shen form.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Playing with a few holiday gifts for myself, plus one older PA xmas freebie

BunHairG2F.png
    760 x 1000 - 817K
  • Gone said:

Staring into the distance on purpose. laugh

She meant to do dat. Sweet image.
  • mmalbert said:

Playing with a few holiday gifts for myself, plus one older PA xmas freebie

Another sweet image and example of staring off into the close-by.
  • Luy's sister, Emily.

Bookmarked your comics page. New subscriber.

Thanks!

ill be sure to mention here when new stuff comes.

part of the problem last time was trying to do a weekly comic, and... it's both stressful and the kind of comic I'm doing can't maintain an interesting pace one page a week.

I swear, rendering is like watching Columbo.

'Just, just one more thing... just one more thing.'

• ROFL ain't that the truth.

Ok, FINALLY. Spent all day playing whackaproblem with this guy.

Gabriel.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928

...used to play that game debugging programmes in my younger years.

Testing how well G2M construction outfit fits to G2F.

Used a little G2M GenX2 magic to make it happen.

Construction Worker.png
    667 x 1080 - 1M

Here's another webcomic character (I'm in the honeymoon phase of updating character models rather than, you know, working on the webcomic)

This is Emily and Luyeva's other father.

Artenius at the Temple.png
    668 x 1080 - 1M

Random grunt, an Imperium of Kanthor mai soldier.

IK Soldier.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M

Hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend!

I almost picked up that new construction set for the G2/G3 Males but went with the set of running poses for G3F/V7 instead. I have so little content for Genesis 3 that it seemed a good idea. And now I finally have Mei Lin 6, yes!!

Didn't know there were rules about where rendered figures are supposed to be looking. Sometimes I have them look directly at the camera, sometimes I don't. I guess I've really never given it much thought beyond what kind of mood or effect I'm going for.

I spent most of Christmas day digging up holiday content to test render and/or make DS materials. A lot of it I'd forgotten I had, like the Santa's Helper outfit for V4. I think I bought it in a bundle, which I bought primarily for a Christmas tree, and I've never rendered it.I'd also never rendered Jingles V4, which is kind of cute texture. 

One of the things I really do like about DS4 is how much easier it is to fit clothing to older figures using lots of body morphs. The older Morph Follower was much more hit-or-miss.

Xmas_Yweebs_Small.png
    880 x 900 - 1022K
    CatGirl-HitomiKimberlyPWLG.png
    900 x 1400 - 2M
    LadyLaMournaV4Morphia_JinglesV4_SantasHelperV4_MishkaHair.png
    700 x 1450 - 2M
  • Nope, no rules in this thread. We're all anarchists here... well except for our british friends. Don't want them to lose their head.
  • Well I am back on line but for a short time. Dropped my high speed unlimited data to 2GB service. Just need to make sure I pay the vet bills for my cats. I'll try to drop by wi-fi hot spots once in a while. Hope you will all continue to post and upload in my absence. Here is a render I did long time ago but have not as yet uploaded. Just testing the waters.
    1h6m 2dl motel.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M

As a fellow cat-lover, I hope your kitties are doing well!

That's a nice render -- where's the hotel prop from?

• mmalbert said:

As a fellow cat-lover, I hope your kitties are doing well!

That's a nice render -- where's the hotel prop from?

He was ill from haemobartonella. Taking him for a follow up on Friday. Need to get the others tested as it might be contageous.

That motel is one of FirstBastion's. 1970s Era Motels. I got it because it reminded me of my trip to Florida before we moved there and then reminded me of the condos of South Florida.

http://www.daz3d.com/1970-s-era-motels

selfie_full.png
    1774 x 997 - 2M
  • Here's another webcomic character (I'm in the honeymoon phase of updating character models rather than, you know, working on the webcomic)

This is Emily and Luyeva's other father.

I like the plot twist there =) Shame I am not the sort to enjoy comics. If you ever release just an old-fashioned short story dealing with the droid/human romance, I'd love to read it.

• mmalbert said:
    I'd also never rendered Jingles V4, which is kind of cute texture. 

Would that be the candy creature on the right? Kinda creepy-looking, if you ask me. It's cultural, I'm sure: all these traditional not-strictly-Christian Western Christmas things like the red-nosed deer, Santa's "elves", candy canes etc, they actually look really exotic to someone from a country where Christmas is strictly a religious celebration. =)

If I liked holidays, I would probably make a Russian New Year sort of render.

• This is the render I entered the "Raining Men Again" contest with...

free Preller Drive HDR from Greg Zaal + a mesh light -> custom RSL shaders -> "scripted rendering" -> 32bit EXR file -> tonemapping in NIK AnalogEfex (through the experimental GIMP build from Partha.com)

Click for bigger.

One of the machine races of the Viridian Cluster (more stuff from my webcomic). Briefly appears in latest chapter as a crewmember.

(Latest chapter is essentially a movie made about a historical general, Artenius, after which one of the characters gets his name)

Viridian Mai1.png
    667 x 1080 - 934K
    Viridian Mai1 headshot.png
    667 x 1080 - 985K

And the General himself, savior of the Viridian Cluster.

General Artenius.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 532

This is an attempt to use the Gimp to add effects like grain and high acutance to emulate B&W film.

Nattaruk: Very nicely done!

Here's another machine race from Viridian Cluster (webcomic)

Viridian Mai2.png
    668 x 1080 - 845K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,928
    edited December 2016
    nattaruk said:

This is an attempt to use the Gimp to add effects like grain and high acutance to emulate B&W film.

...really nice.

Here's one I did a while back to simulate an old photo like one would find in an old shoebox in the attic. Probably the most postwork I ever did.

Momma Grande old photo.jpg
    501 x 671 - 66K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Kyoto Kid, when I think about the hours I spend retouching scanned in old photos getting rid of dust, scracthes, and members of the family I never want to see again... and here you put this right back in... well good job :)
This discussion has been closed.