Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,379

Wow Horo another superb scene, love it

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Horo : A beautiful realistic terrain, wonderful sky and terrain material.

Thank you adbc.

edited November 2023

The terrain is from Grand Mountains with a material assembled from the same set, Gritstone Hills and High Resolution Terrains 3. The clouds and ambient light are from the Sky Toolbox and the key light by the sun.

Pristine Vale

Below the anaglyph.

Pristine Valley Anaglyph

PristineValley.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 217K
    PristineValleyAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 271K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,076

Horo, love the greenery material here.  Its scale is perfect for the mountains.  Stark and beautiful landscape.

Magnificent work Horo,  perfect materials and lighting, the anaglyph is awesome.

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

Horo : superb render, perfect materials and lighting and the anaglyph is awesome.

Thank you adbc.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,892
    edited November 2023

Horo, Great snowy landscape. Snow looks really good. The night render in the Grand Mountains is spectacular. And the day render with the beautiful sky is great too.

NGartplay, What a lovely abstract 3D simulating 2D. Great colours. And the landscape is also very good looking, specifically the frozen lake.

Adbc, interesting ridges, well textured and with an original viewpoint that shows the beautiful sky.

I finally made another landscape. Well... made  is too much honour. I actually used one of the landscapes from the set Pro Landscapes, changed the sky, using one from the Landscapes under fantastic skies. I modified the texture of the ice bridge somewhat to get the look I wanted and changed the camera position slightly. Oh, and I added an old boat.

Very lazy piece of landscape rendering!

B7_0_1_34_ p6_s1_HM1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 594K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, the arch really makes this image.  Good work!

edited November 2023

Beautiful landscape, Hansmar fantastic atmosphere, I agree the arch does make the scene, awesome reflections. 

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice result of you landscape with the snowy arch.

edited November 2023

Hansmar : beautiful render, love the atmosphere and the arch makes it complete. Thank you for your comment.

2 bryce terrains, one has an architectural material to make it look like some kind of building.

building - terrain.jpg
    800 x 450 - 49K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328

What a beautiful gallery of Awesome Renders!

Kudos to you All!

I keep wondering to myself: Is this the year that I step into Bryce and have a look around?

The hardest part is that I'm an animator. So I'm CONSTANTLY working. Hard to find time to delve. But I have an idea... maybe take a break for a bit? Fire up some Bryce? 

Years ago, even before I bought Carrara, I downloaded the user's manual at the time - Bryce 5, printed it all out two sided, and hard bound the manual. It's just such a cool tome I couldn't just stick it in a binder.

I even buy products made for Bryce from time to time. Just waiting for that magical day.

To help myself figure out what's going on inside this wonderful piece of software excellence. I made this fun set of pages to learn from! :)

edited November 2023

adbc - what a great idea. Very well done castle-like terrain and the trees. I like the ground fog and the sky, all fits nicely together.

Dartanbeck - Thank you. Nice to see you here. I "know" you as a great Carrara user. Though I have Carrara from version 3 up to 8.1, I hardly ever use it. Not that Bryce is better, but I know it better.

The terrain is from Grand Mountains with a material assembled from Funky Shapes & Funky Metals. The clouds are Bryce Stratus and a cloud plane from the Sky Toolbox. No light source, brightness by reflection. Blue and white by the sky colour and red by the white clouds. Render time below 5 minutes.

Strange Mountain

StrangeMountain.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 246K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2023

Adbc – wonderful landscape, I agree terrain does look like a castle and materials used are perfect, lovely sky.

Dartanbeck – nice of you to visit; you got a nice setup of Bryce Fun pages, hoping the magical day for you will arrive soon.

Horo – beautiful reflective terrain.

Once again I used one of David’s beautiful cloudscapes, the castle is a freebie from ShareCG (I think, not sure)

haunted-castle.jpg
    889 x 500 - 249K

adbc, love your blocky terrain and the use of building mats on some.  It does look like buildings.  Well done.

Horo, liquid landscape.  Very intriguing.

mermaid, lovey.  I can picture a knight on his horse riding to the castle.

Dartanbeck, great Bryce resource that you created.  Here's a beginner Bryce series that has no words https://mulawa.net/tutorials/sql/Bryce/index.php

NGartplay said:

Dartanbeck, great Bryce resource that you created.  Here's a beginner Bryce series that has no words https://mulawa.net/tutorials/sql/Bryce/index.php

That's very cool! Did you do that?

Wow, you folks do some awesome art! Loving it!!!

edited November 2023

Dartanbeck said:

NGartplay said:

That's very cool! Did you do that?

I just added it to the main page Index on my Bryce page "Another Cool Bryce Learning Resource"

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

mermaid - thank you. Great scene with the castle, the sky is awesome.

Thank you NGartplay and Dartanbeck.

edited November 2023

Dartanbeck : thank you. Love the website links and the impressive gallery.

Horo, mermaid, NGartplay : thank you.

Horo : exceptional landscape great material on the terrain, looks like flowing.

mermaid : awesome scene with the castle, the sky and clouds are perfect.

Post edited by adbc on
    edited November 2023

Thanks NGartplay, Dartanbeck, Horo and Adbc for the comments.

Dartan, those are the Bryce tutorials that I used to learn Bryce.  They were created by Peter in Australia, a game designer.  He created a gallery for us so that we didn't have to post our novice images on the internet and sent us all a copy of Advanced Bryce Creations by Shamms Mortier.

NGartplay said:

adbc, love your blocky terrain and the use of building mats on some.  It does look like buildings.  Well done.

Horo, liquid landscape.  Very intriguing.

mermaid, lovey.  I can picture a knight on his horse riding to the castle.

+1 x 3!

Fantastic, all!!!

edited November 2023

The terrain is from Grand Mountains slightly adjusted in the TE with a material assembled from High Resolution Terrains 2 & 3. Clouds and ambient light are from the Sky Toolbox and the key light by the sun.

Deep Crevices

DeepCrevices.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 190K
    Post edited by Horo on

Another marvelous very photorealistic scene, Horo superb lighting.