Carrara Challenge #16 - Myth and Legend - WIP Thread - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

14567810»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Very pro diomede64, I love how you build everything from scratch, not like us lazy buggers ;)

Thank you. It is a nice sentiment, but I actually was planning to use a record amount (for me) purchased content for this one. Could have been why Carrara had trouble getting it to work out. I am a huge fan of using Daz content, which is why I try to place a few entries in the RRRR thread in the Commons.

Figures ( some in multiples)
    - P7 Simon
    - The Freak
    - Michael 4
    - Victoria 3
    - Glamorous Vicky (Jim Burton)
    - Ingenue Vicky (Jim Burton)
    - Genesis 2 Female Lilith
    - The Kids 4

Conforming Figures and Other Props
    - P7 G2 Ramses
    - P7 G2 Caesar
    - P7 G2 Roman Senator (Tunic)
    - P7 G2 Senator Tunic 2
    - Jason hair
    - Wedge Hair
    - P7 Messy hair
    - P7 Pull Back hair
    - P7 Hair 1
    - The Freak Hercules
    - The Freak Paladin
    - The Freak Wedge Cut
    - Mech4D M4 Spartan warrior
    - Caramella Hair
    - V3 Maid Dress

Dynamic Props
    - HMann dunamic skirt and top for V3

Other Props
    - Daz Egyptian chase lounge
    - LB plants and pots
    - B9999 food
    - Daz fruit and breads

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Wowsa, that's a lot of characters! Might be a new record not just for you, but for the challenges in general. Looking good! :)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2015

ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED AND VOTING IS OPEN!
    Voting Period: 31 March 2015 0:00:01 CMT (UTC-6) to 7 April 2015 23:59:59 CMT (UTC-6)

VOTING Thread is here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54014/

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Dada, great suggestion! Why didn't I think of exporting as objs? I now have done that with several different sub-scenes and brought them together. I lost most of the lighting, and will have to reload several elements, but there is still a chance to make the deadline, although with a significantly limited edition. As objs, I can't adjust many of the poses easily, for example. Less ambitious shaders and render settings, also.

Someone, please! Let there be light! :)

Glad something worked out, wish you had more time to really work on that scene. Who knows, there might be a challenge where the task is to use as much content as possible in the scene. I would say you've just had some good practice at that!

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Some great work been done this month.. enjoyed going through all the detailed works everyone has posted..

@DADA_universe - do with the pic what you please.. ;-)

My Carrara 8.5beta woes have been inherited somewhat by my 8.5Pro release version with more & more errors popping up since I uninstalled the beta

may have to do a complete wipe soon and start again to try and fix the problems.

Thanks Stezza! Sorry about your Carrara woes. I avoided the beta completely once I saw it did weird things to your content and stuff even though I usually jump on any new release of anything. Hope they have more stable releases after this one. It really is a pain in the neck to have to re-install everything.