Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Oh, thanks. I will do that shortly.

• DjMunkee - 'Universe's bitch... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGMS2qJUIAACo5V.jpg

Heeeey - I've been 'a cartoon munkee' since 2008
    found poser / daz  = 3dmunkee me was born
    I've created comics a couple graphic novels 
    I've about 13 albums with of 50 tracks released - some better than others lolol

In the 80's/ DJ Munkee 'was' a real radio DJ went into concert production and promotional design
    started a trading card company - met world famous DJs had misadventures... that was all before 
    'the Universe' decided to gun for poor old munkee - a truce ... we date now - mostly she doesn't try to hard to kill me...
    and there are adventures..
    Had an ex business partner try to frame me in 2016 - true story
    I'm animating it all - cause that's how a 'creative art director' does revenge... 

and that's how we all met - I'm getting my 'daz3d' on - hope you don't mind some questions at some point - I've used electric image animation system and poser - working for another monitor (dual system seems best) 

Munkee

• I am really not good with an introduction, but I guess I don't have a choice but to tell you a bit of an information about myself. My name is Ella, I am 24-years old from USA. I love to sing, play gore games, travel with my favorite dog, try new foods, shop new clothes. I am a nocturnal, to hyper at night and lazy in the morning. I work as a graphic artist by day and a writer by night, money is everything. I guess that's it, ciao for now! 

• Hi, I'm Roasted Dark Chocolate, a.k.a RDC.

• Hi,

I'm John, newly returned to the community after about 7 yrs absence...used to use Poser primarily, trying out D3D for now - we'll see how that goes.

• Hi, my name is Luis and i´m using Daz Studio since July 2017 :)
    I have a lot to learn about this tool but finnaly i ´ve found a way to create the images for stories that i´ve been thinking for years.

https://luisfm70.deviantart.com/

• Hi, I like to paint and sketch and this looks exactly what I need to help with my poses :)

• Hello, My name is Anna, and i'm a digital painter (i use daz 3d to pose my models, then i paint over them. It's a lot easier and faster). And I have a weird feeling that my messages aren't posted on the forum...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,809

hi .. my name is David ... I have been here for quite awhile, since DAZ became DAZ . Started using Poser from version 1 ... and now have 11. Have been trying to use DAZ Studio since its first release, but never could get the hang of it. Finally decided a few months ago to concentrate, and USE it. I'm getting there, finally :) 

My skill is pretty much in the middle someplace ... just retired not long ago, so have the time to actually use stuff instead of just buying too much content and it sits there ... still in the package LOL. I have been using Bryce .. again since the 1st release for Windows .. it was an Apple program at the beginning ...  Carrara from when it was Ray Dream Studio. A few other programs and settled on PAint Shop Pro for my paint program, but also used to use PAinter. 

Anyway, not too good at anything but I enjoy graphics a lot. 

• StarrynightStarrynight Posts: 37
    edited October 2017
    Hi everyone! My name is Fuzzy. Not really, but that's what I like to be called. :) I've been using Daz3d intermittently for years now but just got semi serious about it in 2017. I don't post here a lot, but I really just wanted to say that this is an awesome company. I love how they give away a lot of stuff, and the software too, to get you started so you can see if you like it and to learn how to use it. I don't mind that I'm ultimately paying more for all the bits I use (compared to poser) because it's in super affordable chunks and let's face it: these bits are more awesome and it's probably how they can afford to keep improving the software so much so quickly. The sales are nice too. They're exciting and if you have patience you can get some amazing stuff for amazing prices. I'm really excited about the dforce stuff! And I'm super grateful for software that lets me be visually artistic even though I can't draw for **** I like cats and reading epic fantasy novels. Thank you, Daz! If you ever go public, I'm buying stock. :D *Edited for emoji replacement*
    Post edited by Starrynight on
  • Welcome, everyone. Have fun, look around and ask questions. Don't be shy. Explore the New Users Forum to get your feet wet. We have some very friendly people who pop in and just love answering questions.

• My name is Andy

Life and Books inspire my creations sometimes a mixture of both

• edited November 2017

Deejay Munkee

sup - trying to import content paradise into a daz3d 4.10 - on a mac

help 

please thank you 

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • tyagischwartztyagischwartz Posts: 0
    edited November 2017

Hello ALL

Wow

I have to tell you I stumbled upo this Daz3d world looking for a program to create some storyboards fro a project and now im in HEAVEN! One quick question, Does anyone know of a police tactical package or any related uniforms? I am building a charectar and with all the available stuff Im afraid im not looking in the right place. Also any advise on proper settings for my computer, I am using an HP  Omen with a GEForce GTX. When I first downloaded Daz Studio it seemed I could play with the models and it dindnt pixelate. 

Thank you! I hope to create some cool SHIT! #newbie

T

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hello, my name is Faisal and I am a one lab accident away from becoming a supervillain devil

I work at Mixed Dimensions the company behind GamePrint. I have a good experience in 3d printing. I am kinda new to 3d design. trying to learn how to make awesome models using DAZ Studio.

Favorite Bands: Florence and the machine, London grammar, Coldplay
    Favorite Movies: The Dark Knight, Inglourious Basterds, No Country for Old Men, 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Favorite Tv shows: Breaking Bad, Stranger Things
    Favorite game: Overwatch

• Greeting All,

So am very new to Daz and well just trying to feel my way around here. Kind of feeling like Alice fallowing down the rabbet hole.

Got a bunch of questions but not sure who or where to ask them really.

• Hi, 

My name is Batalha and I start two weeks ago in the wonderful wolrd of 3D. First DAZ Studio 4.10 and now Hexagon 2.5.1.79.

• nikolaj.alasdairnikolaj.alasdair Posts: 43
    edited November 2017

Hi, I`m Nika, from Munich. Render addicted since 2009 till 2012 , then i got clean. ;) Now  I relapsed again... trying to understand daz studio 4.10 and i see i have to learn everything thoroughly again. 

Are there some tutorials, especially for light settings (IBL) and the render properties... in german? ;)

Post edited by nikolaj.alasdair on
  • Greetings To All:

I am a Gothic amateur digital artist. I have just learned to use Twisted Brush and simple 3d art. I am new to Daz. I just installed it today. I have a lot to learn. I love learning somthing new. Most of may art is dark. I have made many dark art for my Dark Lady.  Not sure whatelse to say, so I say good bye for now. 

• My Name is Jaspal Singh Gaidu from india 60 years old Male. I am B.Sc. in Physics and Mathematics , spend my entire career in computer and developer of bussiness application like stock , financial accounting using Oracle and C.

I just now started learning 3d and effects. Downloaded Bledner 2.79 and daz 3d free version.

Have a dream of creating aniamted movies / serials .

This introduction looks like tiny weeny in the company of all experts .

Thanks

• Hi I'm Barry been a Daz user for less than 24 hrs.......almost sounds like an AA meeting! smiley

• Hello, my name is Dra (online). New to this, wondering if rendering 1000 iterations at 7 mins is slow or ok? I'm running at Nvidia iray for rendering.

• Hi, I'm Joan. I'm here because I need figures for covers for my fantasy epic. I can't afford artists and can't paint them myself, so I want to try doing it with Daz.

• Hello :) I'm Daria and I'm a newbie to Daz, just started to use it yesterday so I will need your help ;) I love videogames, fantasy and writing... so, here I am.

• Hi guys hope your all getting on well

Im nick from leeds UK 38 years old and decided to get a xmas rear projection system for the house to entertain the kids on the street, make it a bit more fun for them.

so that has brought me to this weird and wonderful program and forum.

i look forward to picking everyones brain on how to make my own 3d projection loops for the house so next year i can go all out and have some brilliant loops to play for the neighbours and kids.

any starter advice is welcome

• Hello, my name is Adam. I'm currently a senior Mechanical Engineering student working on a wind turbine senior project. I volunteered to be the 3D renderer for our model. As one of the engineer delegates, I work with the business team for this project. The business model is to use wind turbines to power offshore aquaculture (fish farms). I downloaded this software to hopefully model the idea that we have. 

• Hello everybody! Am a 36 year old engineer from germany interested in different kind of stuff (e.g. collecting all kinds of minerals, chemical elements...). That's where my nickname comes from. Been trying to make some 3D models for fun for some time starting with "AC3D" but moved quick to the free "Blender" software. Recently stepped over this side seeing all the beautiful Artwork people present here. - Respect and honour to them! So got addicted very quick. smiley

• Good day everyone, I am happy to meet you all!

All my friends call me Max.  Some of my crappy art is on Deviantart - https://maxhitman.deviantart.com/gallery/

I have just downloaded the new Daz-3d 4.10 and it looks pretty amazing! Great Gizmo! yes Thank you so much for this great gift.

This program is all new territory for me, I´ve never done anything in 3D art, so I have alot to catch up and learn. I am very familiar with doing artsy stuff with Photoshop

for the past 17 years but never done anything in 3D yet.. So I have to start somewhere and I do think DAZ will be the right tool for me!

I have been wanting to start doing 3D art in the past but the technology was still a bit not to my liking, specially the female form.

After I started researching more about the Genesis 3 models and now the wonderful Genesis 8, I am finally "hooked". This is something I have to learn and to create!

I have in mind to create a number of new G3F and G8F models. All of them ranging from the years 1910... all the way to 2010.

I am a great fan of the old actresses and actors and also singers. I do love the old films and musicals.

So,  if you are interested, I might just surprise you all with a number of new female + male models which I want to create. All will be rendered with

the exact same face and body forms. I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to some details in my art and I do alot of research to create what I want

to see.

I will not be doing NO Disney-like characters!  I still keep seeing around too many models with huge lips , big eyes and little noses. They

seem to look like dolls from a Disney film. I have nothing against that ( I do like Disney and Pixar films too!) , but I want to see the real cool classic actresses (and actors)

and use them in my art scenes.

I am sure it will not be too long until someone soon makes a complete film (in 3d) starring Marilyn Monroe and James Dean in teh same scene! cool

• Welcome to all of the new people! I hope you're settling in well. If you have any questions while you get your feet wet, make sure to post them to the New Users forum. We have lots of helpful people who love answering questions here.  :)

• Hi, I'm Michael Jay. I've been using Poser for some years now but I thought I'd try Daz3D simply because there is so much activity in the Daz community. Where I may go months before seeing anything like action over with Poser, I'll see it on a daily basis over here.

That said, so far I've been a bit flumoxed by the Daz. I've just downloaded 4.10.0.123 and I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. The interactive tutorials seem to freeze up in the middle of play, for one thing. For another, nothing on my screen looks quite like what it is supposed to look like according to the user guide. So I'll be looking for lots of help from all the sages here :-)

cheers

mjt