Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a lovely day for rea in the garden

poor roos in the cold snow.

always imagined they lived year round in golden sunshine

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,227
    edited January 2021

Here in Texas, we had a last springlike day before the cold front hit tonight  (down to 40F at night!).  So I took a long hike and just got back online.  Haven't checked the news yet, anything going on?

Post edited by Steve K on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

a nice Green Day here downunder devil angel 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

Also in Texas, my mother got her first Covid vaccine shot yesterday.  It was dispensed by the local grocery store pharmacy that also dispenses flu shots.  She goes back for the second after a few weeks.

Wow! The grocery store!

I can just imagine it... a block of butter, one pint of milk, a packet of ginger nut biscuits and a COVID  shot thanks...  to go!

let's hope the vaccine works for us all... we won't be getting it till around March or so. 

maybe they should just add it to beer and open up the pubs... everyone will be done in 3 days! 

edited January 2021

mmm ginger gnaps.  dunked in tea cheeky

i showed my youtube channel to my 14yo cousin with my lil carrara animations.  she laughed at my 10 views.  doh  not kidding she really laughed at it.  oh well

i dont know what the internet wants to see.  i not inspired to do derivative stuff.  

i know is silly to be embarrassed.  ny relatives know i've spent the last 10 years of my life on this hobby.  oh well.  at least is a hobby that doesnt acccumulate clutter

meeowsers.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 93K
    Post edited by Mistara on

I can see the police cars out my back window.

"DEER PARK, Texas (KTRK) -- A daylong SWAT situation continues to unfold into Friday evening after authorities attempted to serve an eviction notice to a resident who threatened to shoot deputies, Deer Park police say.

It started around 9:30 a.m. when deputies with the [Harris County] Precinct 8 Constable's Office were in the area of P Street and Park Glen in Deer Park to serve a court-ordered eviction.

Authorities say that when deputies contacted the resident through the front door, he said he was not coming out, racked a shot gun and threatened to shoot them.

Precinct 8 called for assistance from Deer Park police. Both agencies are working to end the SWAT situation safely."

I have been through the Deer Park Citizen's Police Academy, including an 8 hour ride along with DPPD officers.  Part of the twelve week course was a demo of the DPPD SWAT team.  They can handle this.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Diomede said:

Also in Texas, my mother got her first Covid vaccine shot yesterday.  It was dispensed by the local grocery store pharmacy that also dispenses flu shots.  She goes back for the second after a few weeks.

Curious. I am hearing different things. Do you have to use your insurance or Medicare or pay for the vaccine in the US?frown

SileneUK said:

Diomede said:

Curious. I am hearing different things. Do you have to use your insurance or Medicare or pay for the vaccine in the US?frown

My mother got the vaccine for free.  She did have to prove her eligibility to get the vaccine.  She showed some documents that may or may not have included medical documents.  I can ask her.  But the vaccine is free, at least in Dallas.

The vaccine when available is totally free for everyone downunder smiley

edited January 2021

SileneUK

After a little searching, this is what I found for the US.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has a frequently asked questions site.  Copying and pasting.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html#Getting
    Who is paying for COVID-19 vaccine?
    Vaccine doses purchased with U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost. However, vaccination providers will be able to charge an administration fee for giving the shot to someone. Vaccine providers can get this fee reimbursed by the patient’s public or private insurance company or, for uninsured patients, by the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund.

From this, I would conclude that my mother showed her medical documents to satisfy paperwork for the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund.  Had she been uninsured, the vaccine would still have been free, but the vaccine provider would have checked a different box on paperwork for the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Provider Relief Fund.  US people can get free vaccinations.

Post edited by Diomede on

I am 71 years old, in good health. My wife is 69 years old, who takes blood thinners for a rare heart condition. The city of Houston Health Dept. today offered vaccinations for those 65 years old and up. We signed up online and drove down to Minute Maid Park, the baseball stadium. Surprisingly, it was well organized, dozens of employees directing traffic, parking, filling out forms, and keeping order in the long lines. But a couple of hours later we both had our shots. Houston can be a pretty good place to live.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

I am glad to hear that about the US as I still have elderly relatives and some my age there!  yesheart  Silene

does the vaccine mean quarantines are over and no more shutdowns?  and no more masks soon?

no one is saying if the vaccine has side effects.  the flue shots make me feel ill for a few days

Some people have mild effects from the vaccine, headache, achiness, sore arm, but only for a day or two.  All I have is a slightly sore arm.  I still have to wait a month and get a second shot, then I think the protection needs another month to get to full.  Then the younger folks have to get vaccinated ... Dr. Fauci says we may get back into theaters in the fall.  So still a ways to go ... frown

huh?  Update to Genesis 8 Figure

imagine if they would fix the typos.  or the actor morph group for g8f toes!

i'm shopping for a merch res skin sets to add character to janette and johnathon.  dunno what to get.  saw some cute ones for terai yuki.  i luv her.  omg i luv her

omg the nexk bulges on poser 6 figures.  so awful.  i need a break from genesisses

Michael 8 is so not hott.  if he asked me out i'd be like 'no habla anglais'

gianni 6 was hot.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Mystiarra said:

i'm shopping for a merch res skin sets to add character to janette and johnathon.  dunno what to get.  saw some cute ones for terai yuki.  i luv her.  omg i luv her

omg the nexk bulges on poser 6 figures.  so awful.  i need a break from genesisses

It is a teaser of the upcoming G9, the reason for buying the same characters again. Maybe a few new too.
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    Mystiarra said:

Free G8M skin merc resource. Besides being free, license allows freebies to be made. https://www.deviantart.com/lexakiness/art/LK-Skin-Merchant-Resource-for-G8M-Freebie-841783296
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,064
    edited January 2021

parenting matters wink

omg.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 300K
    better.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 280K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Just wondering if Daz will have a Civil War Flash Sale on this week.... I think I have a musket somewhere angel

I see Final Fantasy has books, Misty got me watching Youtube videos again so I was wondering and yes indeed there are books!

edited January 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I see Final Fantasy has books, Misty got me watching Youtube videos again so I was wondering and yes indeed there are books!

found a streamer i really like

watched the wall market chapter 3 times in a row laughwarning, streamer is a bit cussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25zXJ2T1lo&list=PLitZkRNNn1LjDKjigD2k_FgthAQ3tgg3X

Post edited by Mistara on

i feel like thers a party in the commons and i not invited.

3 more years til rretirement.

Feb the birthday month.  i'm having a my lil pony birthday party.  got the MLP plates, napkins, table covering.  gonna order a mlp sheetcake. laugh

Mystiarra said:

i feel like thers a party in the commons and i not invited.

3 more years til rretirement.

Feb the birthday month.  i'm having a my lil pony birthday party.  got the MLP plates, napkins, table covering.  gonna order a mlp sheetcake. laugh

me too even using spaz studio because it crashes if I try to use those spiffy looking FACS controls devil 

and I had to make my own crappy mimic file as they haven't given us one

no idea what the facs is.  did they change the face rigging?  is that why expression problemos?

Mystiarra said:

no idea what the facs is.  did they change the face rigging?  is that why expression problemos?

more like renamed it I reckon

( yet iClone uses the exact same bones for facial)

yes can pose in the viewport if you have a computer that doesn't crash D|S 

I may try a Carrara BVH export of Carrara mimic on Veronica wrath G8F as reckon that might work

i still on ds 4.8  lost all track of pose features in subsequent ds

it looks like facs can drag the erc controls in the preview window, insted of rotating the individual bones?

ia that what the feature is?

This discussion has been closed.